Anaconda 2.2 vs. 2.3 Cockpit Changes

it's funny how I keep buying new gfx cards to improve my gfx and the dev's keep reducing the gfx.. 2.3 looks crap basically. Just seen this from the 2.4 updates gfx suggestions for the new station polymap.

elite.jpg

Last edited:
Definitely looks to be a downgrade - and they didn't even take care of my "loose wire peeve" - but let's wait for the final patch release to be sure. Then we can raise a ruckus here.

Funny how I suddenly find myself "defending" the 'Conda here and in other threads. I have bought (and sold) one about 6 times - don't like the looks compared to the T9 - until it's awesome brutal efficiency at doing anything in the game finally made me a loyal fan and pilot.

EDIT: In looking at the OP again I also see the have faced the crew seats forward instead on the slight angle they were at. A MC thing I reckon.

Last edited:
More Console optimizations since we are getting closer to the PS4 release. Maybe they want to make ED available for all current and previous generation consoles.

this is nonsence imo.

1) minimum pc spec is far below either of the consoles
2) PS4 - even the vanilla one - is significantly stronger than the xbox, therefore if an xbox can run it, then a ps4 can run it (imo both consoles are gutless, only the pro is remotely interesting to me but will be for ever gimped by the vanilla machine). there would be no need to reduce something which already runs on the xbox.

IF FD have done this for performance reasons it will be low end PCs as much as , if not more than the consoles imo

Last edited:
The 2.3 version really does look a lot "cleaner" than the 2.2 version.
Almost to the point where it looks like they've deliberately reduced the polygon count and simplified the textures.

Can't say I really pay a lot of attention to that sort of stuff in-game although I'm sure there'll be people throwing their toys out of their prams over the changes.

Yes, clearly a downgrade for PS4 ;)

- - - Updated - - -

What happened to the chairs?

Why are they simpler and smaller in 2.3

Less polygons.

If this is the final version of a new cockpit, and in fact it has been made graphically simpler, I wonder if this is for some MC game performance reasons? Don't do MC (and don't plan too) so this is just a SWAG as I know nothing about it.
Any beta testers? Was MC performance in the Conda cockpit an issue?

Last edited:
What happened to the chairs?

Why are they simpler and smaller in 2.3

The Pilots Federation has being seeing positive results from its recent campaign to get Pilots to exercise more.

As a result, there are fewer fat-bottomed pilots around and the chairs have been reduced in size accordingly.

Last edited:
Captain: Crew this is your captain speaking. I'm glad to inform you that your complaints regarding the dark bridge have been heard.
Crew: Yay!
Captain: I've replaced those weak neon lights with the new Lightmaster FX ones. Now you wont trip over the stairs when you're running for the escape pods.
Crew: *gasp* But captain, we didn't have the budget to replace those lights on the bridge.
Captain: We'll I had to cut corners elsewhere. I've replaced my Hawkeye 9000 radar panel with the cheapest Xinghao 1.5 one.
Crew: We'll we can live with that.
Captain: But that's not all. I've also had to sell your LCD panels.
Crew: Well...we can always use holo projectors instead, so not a big deal. At least we can sit in a more comfortable position in our nice seats, instead leaning always forward for the keyboard.
Captain: Oh ...yeah about your seats... *cough*
Crew: What about them Captain?
Captain: Lets just say, more sacrifices had to be made to afford those new lights.

2.3 ver: = HUGE step BACKWARDS

Does this indicate what to expect in 2.3? Less graphic detail, less attention to detail, more like an Arcade game perhaps?

There were several bug reports during the beta covering this but they have either decided they don't care or this is intentional. Either way it looks terrible and the "interior designer" needs to take a good long look in the mirror. I sincerely hope this will not become a trend for the other ships.

More Console optimizations since we are getting closer to the PS4 release. Maybe they want to make ED available for all current and previous generation consoles.

Wait until they go down to 256 colours to suit some wristwatch-Smartphone-youngsters. It will happen ... optimize the game for the greenies ... definitely the wrong target group for a non-takeyourhandandleadyou-game like Elite. I want an offline mode so that i can still enjoy 2.2 after all that happens.

They must have smoked something wrong there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom