Anaconda or Corvette?

I fitted a C7 fuel scoop on my Corvette. I don't see the problem with my 18ly range anymore. It takes time to get from point A to point B, but I like the ship too much. I do buy the odd ship now and then and engineer it, but I always end up selling it and go back to the Corvette.

I guess it depends what you use a 'vette for but both of mine have a jump-range of around 30Ly and that works fine for me.

One is a dedicated combat ship which I use for "peacekeeping" - in other words, keeping the BGS ticking along in the region near my home-system - and for difficult assassination missions.
The other gets used for mat' scavving and anything dubious.

If I was touring around the bubble, making things explode, a bigger jump-range might be desirable but 30Ly is plenty for how I use those ships.

I guess it depends what you use a 'vette for but both of mine have a jump-range of around 30Ly and that works fine for me.

One is a dedicated combat ship which I use for "peacekeeping" - in other words, keeping the BGS ticking along in the region near my home-system - and for difficult assassination missions.
The other gets used for mat' scavving and anything dubious.

If I was touring around the bubble, making things explode, a bigger jump-range might be desirable but 30Ly is plenty for how I use those ships.
Totally agree anything within the bubble is just fine for the vette. Mine has a 26.5ly range though that's from a lot of armor and heavy af lr sensors. I'm guessing his 18ly range is from not having a gfsdb.

Totally agree anything within the bubble is just fine for the vette. Mine has a 26.5ly range though that's from a lot of armor and heavy af lr sensors. I'm guessing his 18ly range is from not having a gfsdb.
Well, my Corvette is self-sufficient and nomadish at the moment, meaning I can and need to repair hull, modules and scoop fuel. I had to chose between a guardian FSD booster (which does bring it in the 28ly range) and an AFMU so I opted for the latter. It's mission oriented, and aside from mining, I "can do it all". I have cargo, srv, an interdictor etc. My main beef with the game atm is how I have to use 3 slots for 3 different limpet controllers (I currently have hatch breaker, collector and recon), when they could just create a limpet bay (working like a SLF bay, only with as many internals as the module class and price tag to match). To deploy your desired limpet, you just need to go to the helm menu, select the one you want and voilà. Pretty much how you deploy a fighter or SRV except you drop a limpet. They can either be 3D printed or needing cargo, it's not a problem. One can hope, right? But they really need to do something about the "limpet module proliferation". I can clearly see myself using a C7 limpet bay so I can fit a bit of everything.

Top Bottom