Guide / Tutorial ANCIENT GUARDIANS MISSION GUIDE,Step by Step;111MCr(was 201MCr)

I could finish with this route, very lightly optimized.
I annoted everything I could on the way.

I guess the file (Excel) I used could prove useful for others too so I attach it : View attachment Ram Tah-Mission 1.xls
Reported anomalies (to common knowledge) in yellow, things found but not used in grey, things working in green, put your own in blank total column.

Thanks to you all contributors !

Last edited:

I guess the file (Excel) I used could prove useful for others too so I attach it : View attachment 121463
Reported anomalies (to common knowledge) in yellow, things found but not used in grey, things working in green, put your own in blank total column.

I will link this to the first post :)

I guess the file (Excel) I used could prove useful for others too so I attach it : View attachment 121463

Brilliant, thank you very very much I managed to finish the mission today using your sheet with five days left on the timer.

A fantastic mission for new pilots that gets you out of the bubble only possible by the hard work of you, dognosh and other truly amazing explorers.

o7

CMDR Dognosh & everyone! Did you see this part of the 3.0.3 patch notes??

Installations/POIs/USSs

• Fixed some of the Guardian Sites having a different layout since the 3.0 update

Since the sites related to the current Ram Tah mission (where you have to bring Thargoid bits & such to get certain responses from the ruins) were definitely added with 3.0, they could only be talking about "our" ruins. The guide might be correct again!

I'm currently about 3,200LY away from the Bubble (ALMOST to the Jellyfish Nebula, sheesh), so I can't really check. Anyone want to volunteer to go to the problem sites and see if they're behaving as they should? :D

I'm about 3kly down the Orion arm, but when I head back I'll go by the original systems- specifically, the ones where the guide went completely off the rails- and give it a look. I'll post the results as I get 'em.

A friend of mine just checked the Beta in B44. He says it is like it should be according to the cannon site.
Could mean this might be fixed. Further investigation is sure needed. Will try to check all beta sites on route 2 tomorrow.

I just finished SillYcoNe's fixed route 1, and everything checked out except for one part- "Additional Page pre-6" to get T7.

I carried on, attempting other T7s as I came across them, and then finished up the run by stopping by three extra locations.

When I scan them, I receive the usual engineering data, but no errors, messages, or credits increase in the associated mission.

So either A) T7 is broken (for me at least) or B) at some point during the guide, T7 was swapped with something else.

Could anyone help me try to narrow this down by confirming that T7 scans are or are not working for them? Would contacting Frontier support be worth trying either way?

Just checked the Beta Ruins on Route 2 from OP.

HIP 39768
SYNUEFE ZL-J D10-109
COL 173 SECTOR OE-P D6-11
COL 173 SECTOR XG-J C10-17
COL 173 SECTOR YG-A C15-20

The layouts are back to normal. No difference to the guide anymore.
I did not try scans, since i did not had time for it, but the guide should be correct again. If needed i could try a run on route 2 on the weekend.

o7

Hey everyone. I just complete my first runthrough with the help of this guide. Thanks for that everyone! Problem is, I can't turn it in. I'm back at Felice dock, but nothing is popping up. I haven't unlocked Mr. Tah's services as an Engineer, so do I have to do that first? I have all the scans except 2, apparently (98 million bonus), but my documentation wasn't that great, so I don't have any interest in going back through all of that again, just to pick up 2 scans. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Same problem here, I've got all 101 scans with 2 days left on the mission, docked at Felice Dock, and nothing. Can't hand in the mission. Tried redocking and relogging. I submitted a support ticket and I suggest you do the same.

That's for the new Ram Tah mission. In fact, I went back and docked at a different station and was actually given the new mission with the old still sitting there and still no option to turn it in. Even went back to Felice Dock to try again hoping the new mission would have reset something, but no dice. I wonder if the new patch broke this

That's for the second mission string... And yeah, sounds like the hand in for the first set got messed up, somewhere.Hopefully they'll get it sorted in short order.

Last edited:
I just wanted to thank the thread creator as well as the contributors that helped with all the information available here. Without it, I would have had no idea on how to complete this mission.

I finally finished this mission last night after more than a week of daily site scanning and using the info and maps from this thread. It was pretty easy once I got the hang of it all and became more familiar with everything involved, but without threads like this, I would have had no idea what to do. Spent the first week randomly scanning obelisks thinking I was the bees knees, but it was only when I started "studying" this thread I realized there is a whole lot more to this and I would actually need to track and record everything, which I diligently did.

Added to the nice reward I got after completing all 101 scans, I was pleasantly surprised when I got a notification that my exploration rank has changed to elite, (my first elite!) plus.... I received a Founders World permit as well. This made it all a very memorable experience for me in Elite Dangerous.

So again, from the bottom of my heart thanks to all involved in this awesome thread!

Top Bottom