[INDEPENDENT] Ancients of Mumu - Phekda police

About us

We are the Ancients of Mumu. Basically a bunch of casual players that do more or less what we want and sometimes come together to work our BGS or do other things.

We are based out of Phekda, which is frankly speaking a dump, but its our dump.

Our group name mainly comes from the 90s alternative group, the KLF, also known as the JAMs (Justified Ancients of Mumu), as well as other names (eg: The Timelords). They took their theme mainly from the Illuminatus Trilogy by Robert Shea and Robert Anton Wilson.

Other themes woven into the KLF and the Illuminatus Trilogy are the Church of the Subgenius and Discordianism as well as 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, with a bit of Chthulu Mythos thrown in as well.

Here's a bit of KLF to enjoy.

Final Words and Links

If you are interested in joining the Ancients, feel free to post here or ask questions. Or join the Discord channel.

Discord channel invite: https://discord.gg/yD7zbCs

INARA Wing (PC and console): https://inara.cz/squadron/1634/

Squadron name: Ancients of Mumu on PC, Ancients of Mumu on PS4.

Last edited:
MEET THE ANCIENTS
CMDR RockSi695

JYqvMPy.jpg

Introduction
CMDR RockSi is the newest member to join our group. However, he is not new to the Ancients. We found him via Inara.cz, having set up his own sqaudron there. He wasn't even aware we were a player faction. He also at this time is our only PS4 player, so if you are on PS4 and want to help RockSi feel less lonely, send him a friend request and perhaps wing up with him some time.

Questions

1) What is your CMDR name?
Cmdr RockSi695

2) Why are you an Ancient?
I'm justified, and at 49 years old not exactly ancient but getting there. I sure do like to roam the land. Originally from a village near Warrington in the UK, I studied in Brighton and currently reside in Mexico. I used to DJ at an indie disco here on Saturday nights, and I would always open with Justified & Ancient and finish with the Bongo Bongo Bongo song from Fallout 3!

3) What platform do you play on?

PS4

4) Which modes do you play in?
Open

5) What are your favourite activities?
I'm an explorer more than anything.

6) What is your most memorable moment in game?
I've had many memorable experiences in Elite. Discovering my first Earth-like out in the void, probably. But I was still pretty green back then and I forgot to bookmark it.

7) What is your opinion of Phekda?

Not answered

8) What ship are you flying right now?
Currently flying my Type 7 (Asimov) delivering hydrogen fuel and biowaste!

PPvPMyP.jpg

9) What is/are your favourite ship(s)?
My favourite ships are my Python (Venom) and my Krait Phantom (Cassiopeia). They are engineered to perfection in their respective roles.

S7sTfDe.jpg

wN8uoQc.jpg

10) What are you doing in game at the moment?
Keeping up the MuMu influence in the system by shovelling biowaste!

11) Do you even like the KFL? If so, what is your favourite song?
Justified and Ancient feat. Tammy Wynette and What Time is Love.

12) Have you read the Illuminatus Trilogy? Fnord!

No I haven't! My favourite books are the Foundation trilogy and their spin-offs by Isaac Asimov and I like Iain M Banks' Culture novels, too.

MEET THE ANCIENTS
CMDR Agony Aunt

yOTLV1H.jpg

Introduction
So, writing about myself feels a bit like... erm... you know.... forum rules prevent me from using the word. But the other Ancients seem a bit reticient at the moment about coming forward. Anyway, i'm the Squadron leader, at least on the PC side of things.

Questions

Cmdr Agony Aunt

It basically goes back to when the faction was started and it was a PMF for forum moderators. Over time we evolved away from that to be open to anyone. Regardless, i was very happy with the theme of the faction being a fan of both the KLF and the Illuminatus Trilogy. I might have named my CMDR Hagbard Cenline if someone else hadn't already swiped that.

PC

All modes depending on my mood, what i'm doing, and level of inebriation.

I've mainly been an explorer in game, but like to do most activities. I enjoyed mining long before the current gold rush and to be honest, i still prefer surface mining to deep core mining. I do enjoy combat a lot as well and often when working the BGS combat is one of my favourite things to do. I'm currently spending a lot of time in my SRV due to the current First Great Planetary Expedition, whereby we are circumnavigating a planet in our SRVs. Its been over a month already.

Well, i think like most players there have been many. I think it has to be though that first day i got the game (during beta), got in my ship and simply went "wow".

Hah, nothing nice to say really, except for the 4 earthlikes we have, which will be nice should FD ever get round to implementing landing on them. Still, home is wherever you park your ship, and that is Phekda.

Federal Dropship, it makes a very nice SRV carrier. I have 8 SRVs onboard. I've still had to leave the planet once to get a restock though. This is my Dropship - Ford Timelord

d8q0WhU.jpg

A really hard one for me because i keep changing my fleet all the time and tend to have themes. Anyone who follows my posts will remember how i've changed from fleets of federal ships, Saud Kruger ships, Cobras, and other themes. However, nothing can beat the classic, the Cobra Mk 3. This is my current CM3 - Doctor in the Tardis

yX5J1tC.jpg

Circumnavigating Kumay in a SRV.

Justified and Ancient is definitely one of my favs. I also like Its Grim up North, Doctor in the Tardis, and Last Train to Trancentral.

Yes, i read it in my university days while... experimenting. Crazy book and not an easy read. Currently reading Brandon Sanderson's Stormlight Archive books.

MEET THE ANCIENTS
CMDR Jankules

PV63A9J.jpg

Introduction
After some cajoling, finally got CMDR Jankules to talk about himself. He's one of our strongest assets and seems to play non-stop. He is a monster at working the BGS.

Questions

Cmdr Jankules

I used to play Frontier:First Encounters a lot. I only found out about it on the release date in December 2014. I didn't even know there was a kickstarter. Other reasons i got into it was because of the 1:1 galaxy, 4 billion systems, David Braben, Elite remake (yay). As for being an ancient, Ancients of Mumu sounds so justified, an ideal squadron name.

PC

All modes.

Multirole. everything from combat to trade to exploring to missions and BSG, but minning is an exception, I cant do that no...no.

After 2 months of A-B-A runs I got a Python. A rated it...but lost it due no rebuy...lol...almost rage quit...:)

Phekda is a former permit locked system... our beautiful homeland now

Imperial Cutter

AHNFc7R.jpg

Imperial Cutter

9nEkDYD.jpg

Mapping the bubble.

KLF are the ultimate band, even by today's standards...3 A.M. Eternal.

I have not...on my to do list...after mapping Raxxla lol.

We got a PS4 Squad going again, just look up MuMu to find Ancients of Mumu on PS4 version of Elite, and join us.

We've had a few new members over recent months so updated the OP to make it a bit more concise and get rid of a lot of cruft.

A Transmission from the Fleet Carrier "KLF Communications" currently located in Phekda

The Ancients of Mumu declare today be a day of celebration for all citizens of Phekda.

Over recent weeks we have led an initiative to remove Alioth Independents from Phekda. We had no wish to cause any conflict, but the sheer number of people running missions for them, presumably to obtain that Alioth permit, caused us to have non-stop conflicts within our system. Such disruption to business and life was not good for the citizens of Phekda.

After much effort, we have managed to remove their presence and in return we have welcomed to our system the LP 128-32 Corporation, who we look forward to doing business with.

We remain committed to our friendship towards all Allaince and Independent factions, but would like to remind them that Phekda will remain under the control of the Ancients of Mumu.

We would also like to extend our thanks to the Ceremonial Teabaggers and a number of independent pilots that came to our aid during this operation, and of course, to our long standing allies, Perez Ring Brewery for their understanding during this time of conflict.

As part of the celebrations we will be destroying a million credits.

We now look forward to a stable future in Phekda.

Now, please be upstanding for the national anthem

Announcement by CMDR Agony Aunt
Subgenius of The Ancients of Mumu
Representative of King Boy D and Rockman Rock, may they live for eternity.
Phekda System

Top Bottom