And why is our Apex taxi an Adler, and not a Dolphin?

It seems to me that the Dolphin is more beautiful and convenient for transporting passengers. From the point of view of logic, I would like to see a Dolphin as a taxi.

Sure. Although the Dolphin is far from a luxury class. I'm not talking about the Orca and the Beluga. These are luxury ships. And the Dolphin is a people's bus.

Deleted member 182079

D
A taxi's purpose is to get people from one place to another, without luxury things. (Does your <insert real life taxi provider here> show up with a limousine/yacht?)
mercedes-taxi-ano-poli.jpg

Deleted member 110222

D
It's used because it has average jump range, perfectly adequate for bubble travel, a second seat in the cockpit, which the Dolphin does not have (this is the main reason), and is common and cheap enough to be a believable basic transport.

@Apk_Canor things don't have to be big to be "luxury class", and the Dolphin is very much the latter whilst not the former. No vehicle is inherently luxurious. What makes it so is the accommodation inside, which guess what? The Dolphin has the means to do so.

If the taxi was a Dolphin you would be travelling as a passenger in a cabin. So you would need ship interiors.

No ship interiors = no dolphin taxis. QED.

I like the Adder anyway, thanks muchly (y)
No, you'd just need exactly one room modeled, your cabin. Though that would be even more boring, as you wouldn't even see where the ship is going. You could be happy to have a Window to the outside and a screen from where you can redirect the taxi.

Deleted member 110222

D
No, you'd just need exactly one room modeled, your cabin. Though that would be even more boring, as you wouldn't even see where the ship is going. You could be happy to have a Window to the outside and a screen from where you can redirect the taxi.
Damn, it's almost like you need things to do other than take screenshots of interior bulkheads for interiors to be worth doing.

A taxi's purpose is to get people from one place to another, without luxury things. (Does your <insert real life taxi provider here> show up with a limousine/yacht?)

Whenever i call a taxi, they come in a Mercedes Benz. I'd yet have to see one turn up in a Fiat Punto. When calling Uber you have to expect some lower standards, but usually still not a Fiat Punto. So i guess the message is that "Apex = extra-cheap Uber". What's the proper taxi service then?

It seems to me that the Dolphin is more beautiful and convenient for transporting passengers. From the point of view of logic, I would like to see a Dolphin as a taxi.
It would be interesting to check if one would pay more to travel in Dolphin if there was a choice. Dolphin could be preferred for long range travel as its default jump range is slightly higher (10.67 ly vs 9.12 ly for Adder).

Top Bottom