Animal hatches for an inside hidden away enclosure

Id love to see hatches to a hidden away inside area for the animals, these thing's are ofcourse used as a hide away but also were they get lured to and tranqualised because they need to go to the vet or even were they give birth.

This is a bad example (Couldnt find a better one if u find one pls post it) but ill use it, as you see here they have doors to a indoor enclosure this one ofcourse isnt hidden away as visitors can walk in but id love to see these kinds of thing's. If you dont know what im talking about these are the hatches when you see the gorilla walking away inside a tunnel in a wall were u can't see him anymore, those things

Sorry for the bad explanation. If u don't get it ill try to explain it better

I'm honestly surprised we haven't seen anything like that, considering how common they are. Though I suppose the opening/closing hatches while luring animals system could be quite difficult and wouldn't necessarily be of any benefit in a gameplay sense, just in a design sense.

I'm sure there's a way we can make our own off-show areas using the design pieces we'll get, They just might not necessarily be 'functional' in a gameplay sense. Nothing stopping you from moving a piece of wall up and down to keep animals contained in an off-show area.

You can easily build one yourself, and even put it into an hollowed out hill or something like that. Gameplay-wise, it will just be a room that will serve as a hide/resting area as long as you put litter on the floor. I'm not sure if zookeepers will actually tranquilize animals or just put them into the box, but if they do, the zookeepers will just walk to them wherever the animals are and do their job. I have never heard of a lure mechanic, and i doubt Frontier will implement it.

You can easily build one yourself, and even put it into an hollowed out hill or something like that. Gameplay-wise, it will just be a room that will serve as a hide/resting area as long as you put litter on the floor. I'm not sure if zookeepers will actually tranquilize animals or just put them into the box, but if they do, the zookeepers will just walk to them wherever the animals are and do their job. I have never heard of a lure mechanic, and i doubt Frontier will implement it.

As far as I understood it, there are actually many “lure mechanics”:
  • The animals have a need for some “me-time”. If they are tired of all the people, they will seek a hidden place.
  • Temperature! A quite realistic option as well. Just build an “animal house”, place a heater/cooler in it and animals will gather there, if the outside temperatures don’t fit their optimum any more. They will also avoid rain or snow, if they don’t fancy such precipitation.
  • Food. Just place a food tray in the building.
  • The mentioned litter.

As far as I understood it, there are actually many “lure mechanics”:
  • The animals have a need for some “me-time”. If they are tired of all the people, they will seek a hidden place.
  • Temperature! A quite realistic option as well. Just build an “animal house”, place a heater/cooler in it and animals will gather there, if the outside temperatures don’t fit their optimum any more. They will also avoid rain or snow, if they don’t fancy such precipitation.
  • Food. Just place a food tray in the building.
  • The mentioned litter.
This isn't physically luring an animal to a desired location, though. They are just places the animals might happen to go to fill their needs. If, for example, you wanted all of the animals to enter the "off-show" area at the same time, there isn't any way of encouraging the animals to do that - that we are aware of. Yes, there are indeed ways to encourage animals to be in certain places more often, but not to be exactly where we want them to be at a given time.

Not that I can think of any real reason why you'd need to do that, unless it was for immersion/roleplay reasons. I can't think of any gameplay reason besides separating animals for breeding, but you could just move the animal to a different enclosure for that.

I'm honestly surprised we haven't seen anything like that, considering how common they are. Though I suppose the opening/closing hatches while luring animals system could be quite difficult and wouldn't necessarily be of any benefit in a gameplay sense, just in a design sense.

I'm sure there's a way we can make our own off-show areas using the design pieces we'll get, They just might not necessarily be 'functional' in a gameplay sense. Nothing stopping you from moving a piece of wall up and down to keep animals contained in an off-show area.
There is one way I can think of doing this. I spotted something in the Gamscom Trailer, an opening and closing medieval-ish gate. I think the purpose it had in the trailer was to allow the safari jeep to enter different habitats without having them leave their habitat.

I don't actually know if it's "part" of the ride (Like in JWE you just slide a track into a fence and a gate will automatically appear) or if it's a trigger able separate scenery piece like the one from PlanCo. But if it is a separate trigger able scenery piece, then that's the only way to (I'll) do it.

Top Bottom