Animal Names

The Game is sorting Animals in the Animal Storage, if sorted by Animal Species, by using the english Names instead using the Names from Translation. I would be very kind of you, if you could fix this. It is a little tedious to find the pronghorn, for example.

I agree! This is very confusing and annoying. I've seen this is a problem since the beginning and there are several reports on the issue tracker. I hope @Chante Goodman could tell us if this is something they are aware and might be fixed at some point.

In addition, in Spanish, although the Zoopedia has the right Spanish alphabetical order, there's a problem with the letter Ñ, which goes in real life after letter N, but in the game is after Z. I can understand that this is due to this Ñ being a special character.

In addition, in Spanish, although the Zoopedia has the right Spanish alphabetical order, there's a problem with the letter Ñ, which goes in real life after letter N, but in the game is after Z. I can understand that this is due to this Ñ being a special character.
That is about every special charaster. The Eastern brown snake is in the german lettering the last animal in every list, because the german name begins with "Ö".

The Game is using again "Mackenzie-Wölfe" in this Guest Reactionlog, during Zoopedia and other Menus are only using Wolves/Wölfe.
Please communicate more with your translators that they know what you mean and resolve this confusion.

Attachments

• mackenziewolf.jpg
    mackenziewolf.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 68
With Patch 1.4.1 they updated in the german version Wolf/Wolve into Timberwolf/Timberwolve.
Thank you that you have updated this confusion. :D

Unfortunately, the Timberwolf is still called Wolf in the animal market in the german version. That is still a bit confused
Then I would change the name of the "Königstiger/Royal Bengal Tiger" to Bengal Tiger in the German language. Move the name "Königstiger/Royal Bengal Tiger" to the trivia list in Zoopedia.
I think it's better off in the Zoopedia. In the game, West African lion (there are also Indian lions), Taiwanese black bear(there are also NA Black Bears) or Siberian tiger (There are also Sumatran Tiger and more) are used. These are all names to subordinate their subspecies to their origin. Royal tiger rather not and is more an expression of hunters.

Thank you so much for the latest update and DLC. Unfortunately, some of the new animals don't have their common names in the German version of the game, which feels a bit strange while playing. Can you fix this?

e.g., the Malayan tapir is usually called "Schabrackentapir"; the Sun bear is better known as "Malaienbär".

Thank you :)

Top Bottom