Animal Talks create guest problems!

Yes, I agree. animal talks are creating litter and more unhappiness in my zoo. Hopefully this is addressed soon.

I didn't have the litter problem, but I added to the tracker, since in my only medium-sized Challenge zoo, with about 20 habitats I'd set ATPs for, the guests wound up just rubber-banding along a main pathway as they tried to get to one very distant ATP and then when that failed, tried getting to another. They literally would spend their entire zoo stay just sort of circling around that area of path trying to get to one or other ATP, with hunger/thirst/happiness deteriorating as they'd ONLY fulfill needs if they were practically on top of a facility when they gave up on one lecture. And it made my finances tank because no one was looking at or making donations to ANY exhibits also not on that main Twilight Zone crossroads area.

I don't remember this happening as such last week in my Franchise zoo, but it drove me absolutely batty and I shut down all ATP's today in this one.

Editing: Now that I think about it, I just somehow didn't notice this happening in all my previous zoos since getting back into the game, and this is likely why every single zoo I've tried has tanked and gone bankrupt after I get past about 15-20 ATP's- once I shut down the ATP's in my current zoo I instantly went from losing money to making money with no other changes made.

Last edited:
I have also contributed to the issue because it almost ruined my big zoo. I had to delete all the animal talks and then my visitors started using the shops to get food and drink and started to see the animals, so the satisfaction level rose back to normal.

It seems as others have said, especially with bigger zoos, the talk points are creating problems, which in my opinion, is being caused by guests being triggered to come to a talk point that is too far. The large walk is contributing to guests not fulfilling their needs and dropping their litter during the long walk. Perhaps the talk points should only attract guests that are close by.

Bumping this issue cause it seems it hasn’t been addressed
I’m sure they are working on it, given the ease of replication of the issue (have a large zoo, and give all of your habitats Talk Ponts that are all active). I have a zoo with every animal species in the game, all having talk points. Things went bad quickly after activation of all them. Thankfully we can disable them, so they are ready to be reactivated once this is fixed. I still think a potential fix would be the talk points only attracting guests that are close by, as I said in my previous post.

While I have noticed a whole lot of people wanting to listen to the animal talks, I don't mind it.
After hearing a talk, the education value is BOOMED to 100% - the more people hear it, the better!

But I have only been playing the scenarios (still 1500+ guests though), so perhaps the effect of it is not as drastic as Franchise zoos.

Update 1.5.3 should fix the issue hopefully.
Knipsel.JPG

(https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/update-1-5-3-available-now.574146/)

It is improved for me. Animal Talks do not seem to be resulting in happiness and other guests needs decreasing like before. Litter is also not be dropped like it was before. I will keep playing and seeing if it becomes an issue, but so far so good after about 6 months of in game time so far. I have every animal species up to the aquatic pack and a talk point for every species, so its a good sign that things have not gone bad yet after 6 months of in game time. Appreciate the update.

Top Bottom