Animal Wish List/ DLC Wish List

ANIMAL WISH LIST:
  • Sloths
  • Otters
  • More reptiles( Chameleons, Monitors, Tegus, Iguanas, Tree Boas, Rattlesnake, Fer de Lance)
  • Reef Fish(Aquariums in buildings like reptile houses Marine Life DLC)
  • Penguins(Marine Life DLC)
  • Seals(Marine Life DLC)
  • Dolphins(Bottlenose & Spinner Marine Life DLC)
  • Sea Turtles(Green and leatherback Marine Life DLC)
  • Emu
  • Sharks(Marine Life DLC)
-Polar Bear
  • Cheetah
  • Leopard and Black Leopard
  • Beaver
  • Giant Panda
  • Red Panda (Its a must)
  • American Bison
  • Moose
  • Koala
  • Galapagos Tortoise
  • Spotted Hyena
  • Whales (Beluga, Orca, Narwhal Marine Life DLC)
  • Birds(Eagles, Hawks, Falcons, Owls Take Flight DLC)
  • Honey badger & Tasmanian Devil
  • Meerkat
  • Flamingo
  • Orangutan
  • Tamarin
DLC WISH LIST:
- Marine Life(Like Zoo Tycoon 2, with easier mechanisms and different training methods for shows rather than dragging mouse, hire a trainer to learn new tricks, new animals)
- Prehistoric Era (Not my favorite because they already have Jurassic World Evolution, but a favorite of many)
  • Sanctuary (Run your zoo like an animal sanctuary and work towards bringing endangered animals back to normal population, breeding focused, with new animals)
  • Small Enclosures (My biggest complaint with the new zoo tycoon was every exhibit was the same and I don't want small enclosures to be the same, reptiles, amphibians, etc thrive in zoos, add more customization to the enclosure and more species, also apply this to work with Marine life as indoor aquariums of small fish would be a nice touch)
  • Take Flight (Its a bird its a plane...its a bird. Birds of all sorts, aviary's and birds follow structures so that custom aviary's can be built)

I think I covered a lot here probably still missed some of the favorites. Looking forward to see what comes of this game!

"Sanctuary (Run your zoo like an animal sanctuary and work towards bringing endangered animals back to normal population, breeding focused, with new animals)"

This sounds like the franchise mode to me. You can read more about that game mode here. I have a feeling it will be my favorite way to play.

It would be demanding but it would be awesome to see the animals in small enclosures actually move like other creatures in the game

Sanctuary (Run your zoo like an animal sanctuary and work towards bringing endangered animals back to normal population, breeding focused, with new animals)

The vast majority of endangered animals are endangered because of severe habitat loss in the wild. It is a dangerous and ridiculous statement to ever think that captive breeding will restore these species to "normal" populations. With the limited space and limited genetics available in captivity, breeding enough animals in captivity to make any statistically impact on wild populations (for all but the most critically endangered species) is impossible. Totally disregarding the fact that most of these captive bred animals are wholly unsuited for release (and may actually do more harm then good by diluting the wild gene pool), what are "sanctuaries" going to do with these animals when there is no wild left to release them? After one or two generations the zoo will run out of space for additional animals. Most zoos have animals on contraception because they have no place or use for offspring.
For example the endangered Asian elephant has an estimated 40,000 individuals. Breeding in European and American zoos over the last 40 years has resulted in only 350 live births, nearly 50% of which did not survive the first year. Clearly "sanctuaries" outside there native range are not the answer to saving this (or most other) species. At best animals in zoos can serve as ambassadors to raise interest in their species - the base game play in Planet Zoo is already focused on this message.
Allowing people to pretend that endangered animals can just be bred and released into a (theoretical) wild is imbecilic, dangerous, and placating in allowing people to falsely believe that there is an easy fix to a very complex, pressing problem. I have already noted that I have a problem with the ubiquitous "release to the wild" feature in zoo games. Let's not further promote this fantasy.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: LN
Its obvious that you are passionate about animals. This is very commendable. However, this is a game. Have fun! :)

Last edited:
ANIMAL WISH LIST:
  • Sloths
  • Otters
  • More reptiles( Chameleons, Monitors, Tegus, Iguanas, Tree Boas, Rattlesnake, Fer de Lance)
  • Reef Fish(Aquariums in buildings like reptile houses Marine Life DLC)
  • Penguins(Marine Life DLC)
  • Seals(Marine Life DLC)
  • Dolphins(Bottlenose & Spinner Marine Life DLC)
  • Sea Turtles(Green and leatherback Marine Life DLC)
  • Emu
  • Sharks(Marine Life DLC)
-Polar Bear
  • Cheetah
  • Leopard and Black Leopard
  • Beaver
  • Giant Panda
  • Red Panda (Its a must)
  • American Bison
  • Moose
  • Koala
  • Galapagos Tortoise
  • Spotted Hyena
  • Whales (Beluga, Orca, Narwhal Marine Life DLC)
  • Birds(Eagles, Hawks, Falcons, Owls Take Flight DLC)
  • Honey badger & Tasmanian Devil
  • Meerkat
  • Flamingo
  • Orangutan
  • Tamarin
DLC WISH LIST:
- Marine Life(Like Zoo Tycoon 2, with easier mechanisms and different training methods for shows rather than dragging mouse, hire a trainer to learn new tricks, new animals)
- Prehistoric Era (Not my favorite because they already have Jurassic World Evolution, but a favorite of many)
  • Sanctuary (Run your zoo like an animal sanctuary and work towards bringing endangered animals back to normal population, breeding focused, with new animals)
  • Small Enclosures (My biggest complaint with the new zoo tycoon was every exhibit was the same and I don't want small enclosures to be the same, reptiles, amphibians, etc thrive in zoos, add more customization to the enclosure and more species, also apply this to work with Marine life as indoor aquariums of small fish would be a nice touch)
  • Take Flight (Its a bird its a plane...its a bird. Birds of all sorts, aviary's and birds follow structures so that custom aviary's can be built)

I think I covered a lot here probably still missed some of the favorites. Looking forward to see what comes of this game!
I like it so much. This is a really great list! I especially liked the marine life. :)

Top Bottom