Animated Avatar for VR players to use just now...

Honestly I think ED is better if droping VR and focusing on gameplaY

Why? Because you don't use it?
I don't use vr either, can't even because Xbox doesn't support it, but by taking out vr from an expansion of a game that originaly supports vr is dumb imho.
By doing this they alienate a whole group of enthousiastic ED players, I don't want them to take mining out of the game either although I've never mined and never will.
It's the same as if they decided to stop supporting 4k on Xbox One X, I would be gutted too if they did that.

Last edited:
Really obnoxious (I assume that was the goal though), good job.

You know you'll still be able to fly your ships in VR though, right?

Would't VR bipedal motion + jetpack be the perfect recipe for instant nausea anyways?

Additionally, those of you who think lack of vr in the new features = doom for elite are forgetting the sheer ammount of new players space legs alone will bring into the game.

One thing does worry me slightly, Odessy has been pushed back by corona lockdown understandably reducing the teams productivity (not a criticism), the company is still not back at work (and quite rightly so - stay safe) so the understandably reduced output continues, and now we are campaigning for VR in Odessy, which some Non VR players see as a potential source of additional delays to Odessy...

...If / When we persuade FDev to add VR into Odessy there will be a very welcome announcement to appease us VR protestors, however the continuing corona restrictions are likely to cause more delays to Odessy, which will come in an(other) announcement and obviously won't be as well received, and will likely be blamed on the VR campaign. So I can foresee a potential scenario in a few months whereby us VR guys will be getting blamed to delays for a game update that are in actual fact due to corona and not our fault, but we'll be taking a lot of flak for it never the less.
IF VR comes to ED:O I will happily take some flak from a few sour players looking for someone to blame. Christ 6 years after horizons launch . To put that on VR players would be proper stretching it.

Would't VR bipedal motion + jetpack be the perfect recipe for instant nausea anyways?

Additionally, those of you who think lack of vr in the new features = doom for elite are forgetting the sheer ammount of new players space legs alone will bring into the game.
At the minute, You won't be able to launch the Odessy client in VR, but you would be able to use VR in horizons and or base game.

1) source for still able to fly ships in VR (in ED:O ) because that is not the last I heard from a Dev (best assume No VR at all in ED:O from what I heard)
2) jetpack and feet =nausea in VR. Please do some research before making such comments. It has been done in other games.... NMS does not make me sick but even if so that is what warnings and settings are for.
3) has anyone said lack of VR will kill the game? It will kill it for me but that is not the same as killing it full stop.

So quite a few issues in your post I think

Last edited:
You can’t know that. The point is to push FDev to look for solutions to the conundrum.

For example, endorsing post-launch modding of solo mode wouldn’t delay launch. It would involve a bit of work on their side, but they already check for mod exploits as a matter of course (and leave benign mods be). In theory it could just be a new strand to that behaviour.

(And honestly anyone expecting FDev to willingly delay Odyssey Beyond Q1 is onto a hiding. It’s the end of their financial year and they’ll be loathe to miss that window)

Releases always come with a crunch, so any significant work to support VR (formally or informally) is going to put more pressure on that - but there may be solutions which allow that to be absorbed without delaying release. Hopefully for VR users they'll find a way that works.

I still think you're probably hosed, but nonetheless - good luck.

Releases always come with a crunch, so any significant work to support VR (formally or informally) is going to put more pressure on that - but there may be solutions which allow that to be absorbed without delaying release. Hopefully for VR users they'll find a way that works.

I still think you're probably hosed, but nonetheless - good luck.
Cheers buddy! I appreciate the support, and I'm also hopeful we can find some way forward that adds VR but doesn't throw the release date under a bus.

I want VR support but this is getting silly. I just saw this avatar pop up on the board and it's already irritating me, I don't think this is going to drum up a lot of support.

One thing does worry me slightly, Odessy has been pushed back by corona lockdown understandably reducing the teams productivity (not a criticism), the company is still not back at work (and quite rightly so - stay safe) so the understandably reduced output continues, and now we are campaigning for VR in Odessy, which some Non VR players see as a potential source of additional delays to Odessy...

...If / When we persuade FDev to add VR into Odessy there will be a very welcome announcement to appease us VR protestors, however the continuing corona restrictions are likely to cause more delays to Odessy, which will come in an(other) announcement and obviously won't be as well received, and will likely be blamed on the VR campaign. So I can foresee a potential scenario in a few months whereby us VR guys will be getting blamed to delays for a game update that are in actual fact due to corona and not our fault, but we'll be taking a lot of flak for it never the less.
If VR finally come I don't care to be blamed. It wouldn't be fair and it would be very hypocritical on their part but I really look at the result here.

I want VR support but this is getting silly. I just saw this avatar pop up on the board and it's already irritating me, I don't think this is going to drum up a lot of support.
I got your avatar right here!

depositphotos_178481648-stock-photo-seductive-woman-lingerie-set-standing.jpg

Top Bottom