Well, I put a picture of this in another thread, but here's my official WIP thread. I intend to make a version with the same dimensions as the Spooky DLC spider (about 4m), and a smaller one (2m). The wings will be recolorable and patterned after those of a monarch butterfly. (Might do a couple other color patterns too, though). The wings, head, and antennae will be animated.

I'll hopefully finish the animation this evening and put up a progress update! I don't have as much time to work on this stuff as I'd like, but I'll get there eventually. :)

butterfly_WIP_01.JPG

Excellent ! The textures are amazing and very good animation ! Be careful to the weight (rather Kb than MB ). Go on ![up][up]

Fantastic! Lovely work!
You are still on progress on texturing I see. The body shouldn't be pitch black but as you said in progress.

Good luck!

Thank you! My goal is to get this uploaded by the end of this weekend. Hopefully. :D

Fantastic! Lovely work!
You are still on progress on texturing I see. The body shouldn't be pitch black but as you said in progress.

Yep, exactly. I was mainly making sure the wings were right and that I had UV unwrapped the body, legs and other details correctly. Next up is going to be doing a normals map for some additional details on the body, glossiness, as well as some detail painting so it won't be pitch black.

Thank you! My goal is to get this uploaded by the end of this weekend. Hopefully. :D

Yep, exactly. I was mainly making sure the wings were right and that I had UV unwrapped the body, legs and other details correctly. Next up is going to be doing a normals map for some additional details on the body, glossiness, as well as some detail painting so it won't be pitch black.
Exactly! Good! :)

But I confess many of what you talk about I do not have much clue about, but I guess I will learn.
Love your work so far, though.

A quick update with the body colors and an idea of what the gloss level should look like in game (provided I did everything right!)

I ran into a glitch with the uploader where it looks like the max bones it's set to allow is 8 rather than the 18 listed in the guide. My armature has 10, so I won't be able to upload it until this is fixed. I've got a test upload ready whenever that happens, though! In the meantime, I've a couple less complicated ideas to try out. :D Hope you all can download my butterfly soon, thank you for the support!

butterfly_WIP_03.jpg

Top Bottom