Annnd it's official. Let's discuss the (probable) good and bad.

I'm SUPER stoked for a new JP management games! I've been following Mesozoica closely and played hours and hours of Operation Genesis. I couldn't be more excited.

The *only* thing that bothers me (just a little), is the fact that this will be a multiplatform game. I'm by no means a PC elitist, it's just that it seems like modding and complexity might be a little compromised to hit console release date as well as the movie tie-in. PC has Steam Workshop and it's definitely a major major plus. Also, please don't be like Zoo Tycoon 2013!!!

Do you mean '"probable" good and bad' for ED? I'd think overall it's great for Frontier's future. The good is that presumably they are still using a version of the cobra engine and tech development could carry over to ED's atmospheric habitable planets and help flesh out the flora and fauna. For examples like "big game hunting", spacelegs, and "atmospheric worlds done right" on terraformed worlds. The worst I'd think for ED overall, is that possibly MCA Universal and the chinese gaming firm shareholder demand Frontier prioritize JPE and other related products marginalizing ED in the future.

Last edited:

WingardiumLevicoaster

Volunteer Moderator
I am super excited as I loved Operation Genesis. I would much prefer a dinosaur game to a zoo game. I think yes it might be simpler than Planet Coaster, but it will appeal to a wider market. Maybe if it has more in the way of genetics and breeding it will make up for it. Plus I don't want to be too distracted from Planet Coaster. Hoping maybe a Jurassic Park/World DLC for Planet Coaster too

What I'd love to see in the future is some integration between the three (for now) games. For instance if you have one of the park games and Elite, an option to "make available in Elite" with a sub menu for placing it in a system/planet. And then when someone scans the world, then if they have the relevant park game, they get a message and can choose to visit the park.

Obviously this needs atmospheric landings, and preferably space legs to work.

ED Newsletter #34:
"Since the launch of Beta 1.0, people from 98 countries around the world have flown, traded and fought together in the Elite: Dangerous Milky Way galaxy. Localisation has started; we will be initially releasing the following languages:
German, French, Russian, Polish, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Mexican Spanish, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian and Simplified Chinese."

Thank You Frontier!
I prefer to play dinosaurs instead of reading the GalNet in Polish language! :/

Last edited:
What I would love

i would like it not to stop at the dinosaurs of the movie, that there are aquatic dinosaurs and flying. I would like to see the same genetic operation as in Operation Genesis

Please bring this to Nintendo Switch

yJWDgf5.jpg

I have to say this is a pretty shrewd business move. A big budget movie tie in to Frontiers bread and butter. I am looking forward to it.

Really interested in this title.... big fan of the movies, and the announcement video looks really good .... and, of course, being an Elite Dangerous and Planet Coaster player, the development of this type of technology inside Frontier can only benefit those games as well. Nice one Frontier!!!!

I am super excited as I loved Operation Genesis. I would much prefer a dinosaur game to a zoo game. I think yes it might be simpler than Planet Coaster, but it will appeal to a wider market. Maybe if it has more in the way of genetics and breeding it will make up for it. Plus I don't want to be too distracted from Planet Coaster. Hoping maybe a Jurassic Park/World DLC for Planet Coaster too

I hope that it has the complexity of Planet Coaster. I know some of the purists have their issues with Planet Coaster, especially with the management side of things, but I think that Frontier has done a great job with Elite, and Planet Coaster in that they are both complex enough to be way beyond just an arcade game, but simple enough to not drag the player too far down the micromanagment rabbit hole. I am hoping for the same for this game.

Annnnd...I called it way back when the first hints were dropped of a new Hollywood IP. I am hoping for more details soon because I am ready to throw them my money. Hoping for an Alpha buyin...

I hope that it has the complexity of Planet Coaster. I know some of the purists have their issues with Planet Coaster, especially with the management side of things, but I think that Frontier has done a great job with Elite, and Planet Coaster in that they are both complex enough to be way beyond just an arcade game, but simple enough to not drag the player too far down the micromanagment rabbit hole. I am hoping for the same for this game.

Annnnd...I called it way back when the first hints were dropped of a new Hollywood IP. I am hoping for more details soon because I am ready to throw them my money. Hoping for an Alpha buyin...

Exactly my thought. I hope it nails that middle ground, and that the consoles don't impair the depth of the game. But I think recently, consoles release are not as bad as they once were with strategy games, Xcom was the same, and we'll see with Cities Skyline how it turns out. Maybe it will be just as good as PC, albeit probably without mod support.

I hope they don't stray too far from operation genesis that game was great. Expand on the good from that game, add some more cool features. I'm a happy man.

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
Frontier is the Daddy when it comes to this type of game.

I'll pin my colours to the mast and say it will be a very good game.

Makes me want to crack out Operation Genesis now. Lol

If it's based on Planet Coasters engine, I'll be needing a new GPU... Lol

My GPU is a bit of a dinosaur...
*B'dum. Tish!*

CMDR Cosmic Spacehead

Top Bottom