News ANNOUNCING ELITE DANGEROUS: HORIZONS

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
And now for People that don`t want EDH? It i possible to Play with Player that are in the other Elite?

As Example:

snip
ED <> ED = Sure Works <--------------Only Sometimes :)
EDH <> EDH = Sure also Works<-------Can we be sure about this? :)
ED <> EDH = ??? (Chat?, Wings? Connection? See other?) Time will tell :)

Sorry just had too !!!

1. WoW also has been charging a monthly sub.
2. The content released between expansions is not actually free because of the sub.
3. Most content in between expansions was content announced as part of the expansion, but not yet added to the game at the time of that expansion's release, not quite unlike the season for Horizons includes further content down the road.

GDI Mephane. Would you stop making awesome posts. My rep tank is empty but plus 1

Sorry if this has been answered before, but 50 pages is a bit too much to search :p

Planetary landings: will they be instanced like Unkown signals?
Will there still be no story and "no point" to play other than to fly a space ship and err... fly? I got tired of Elite too fast due to lack of story and social interaction...
Thanks for any answer in advance :)

So will the lifetime expansion be made available to Xbox users via the Xbox store? Or will we have to buy all the expansions separatly at a higher cost?

Last edited:
There's no walking about in Elite Dangerous: Horizons, that's coming in a future season.

Michael

Great news.

Walking around/FPS should be so long down the line that it never sees the light of day in a space ships game.
Spend your efforts on making the space experience, and I will remain one happy boy. :)

I think at the time I bought the game for pc it was like 70 USD I cant check as the store isint loading for me but ive had ii believe right as it was commin outta beta

Great news.

Walking around/FPS should be so long down the line that it never sees the light of day in a space ships game.
Spend your efforts on making the space experience, and I will remain one happy boy. :)

How about this being not a spaceship game, but a game about seeing all the wonders of space from the eyes of your commander, be it from inside your cockpit, or out?

Been looking forward to planetary landings every day, and as an Alpha backer will hopefully be able to play early :)

Last edited:
and i would also like to add.. no mans sky...good how they have done it but lets face it... the graphics are turd..bring it on FD :)

1. WoW also has been charging a monthly sub.
2. The content released between expansions is not actually free because of the sub.
3. Most content in between expansions was content announced as part of the expansion, but not yet added to the game at the time of that expansion's release, not quite unlike the season for Horizons includes further content down the road.

1.True nothing to argue here

2.But you got Content,and lets be honest ED doesn't have that mutch actual content(While WoW and ED are both grindy)atleast the orginal WoW had Challenging/Interesiting(If you liked Warcraft before WoW atleaset) content(grind) like the later Raids(Naxxramas for example)

3.And let's also be honest here,FDev are a smart bunch, you already paid(if you are buying Horizons) for the content that comes further down the road,and most likely the content for Horizons is already planned

Last edited:

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Maybe that's worth something for those who forget they were promised a living, breathing universe and a game with deep interlocking gameplay as described in the DDA and instead received the mishmash of unconnected minigames with a lifeless, curated game world they call Elite Dangerous.
As it stands, no, I didn't get to enjoy the months I have spent with ED, and I have tried. Which I would be fine with considering I understand the game is still pretty much in an alpha stage, but when I'm being told the money I paid back in december was worth nothing, well that does tend to make me mad.

Once again, that is your opinion. I completely disagree with you. A mishmash of unconnected minigames? What do you even mean by that? Lifeless? Watching the way that all of the surfaces on the different star types move depending on their size and temperature. And you're last comment is the worst. Apart from anything else, the money you paid back in December has gone towards the upkeep and development of the game so far and also towards the future expansion of the game.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom