Announcing FleetComm, the exploration-focused Private (pc) Group.

ahNkJNr.png

Those who took part in the Distant Worlds Expedition, the First Galactic Expedition, the Crab Nebula Expedition, and several others will be familiar with the Kamzel private group. The Kamzel PG was created by CMDR (Erimus) Kamzel to allow a safe space for the Distant Worlds pilots, and that group has grown to over 1,200 members. On September 1st, that private group was renamed (and transferred to a new, dedicated game account) to FleetComm. I have taken over administration of the group, although I have no intention of straying far from the guiding principles that have built Kamzel into the group that it is now. I have also selected a couple of other commanders to assist in running the group -- they may or may not identify themselves. :) At some point in the future, if I get burned out, will select and turn the group and account over to the next Dread Pirate Roberts, and retire.

In addition to the FleetComm private group, there is the FleetComm HQ Discord server. Other groups are welcome (but certainly not required) to use it to host their expeditions in the future. I can usually be found there, if you have any questions or emergency issues with the PG.

The rules of the FleetComm Private Group are as follows, and all members are expected to follow them:

RULE 1:
Commanders are not permitted cause the destruction of another Commander's ship​

RULE 2:
Any aggressive activity (which must not violate Rule 1) must be by mutual consent of all parties involved.​

RULE 3:
Restrict speed and stow hardpoints while within 2 kilometres (including altitude) of any published waypoint, landing zone, base camp, or any gathering of 4 or more ships.​

Violation of Rule 1 will result in an immediate ejection and permanent ban from the group, whether deliberate or accidental. Violation of Rules 2 or 3 may result in either temporary or permanent bans, at the sole discretion of the group admins. Rule 1 is self evident. Rule 2 is intended to allow races an other games and events within the group. Note that both hull damage and SRV destruction are permitted under Rule 2, but ship destruction is not. Rule 3 is intended to ensure that gatherings are safe. There have been very few incidents in the history of the Kamzel private group, and (to my knowledge) no incidents where a Commander deliberately attacked another. However, there have been incidents where Commanders at published landing zones have incurred significant hull damage because another commander had an "accident". Fly safe. Check your speed, not your credit balance.

And a word about membership. FleetComm is open to all commanders. As long as they are willing to follow the posted rules, I don't care what they do in Open. I have a list of commanders who will be scrutinized and likely interviewed before their membership is (or is not) granted. I have a smaller list of commanders who have been confirmed to have invaded PvE groups in the past. *Those* commanders will not be admitted.

If you were previously a member of Kamzel, you are automatically now a member of FleetComm. There is no way for me to enforce it, but I would request that you fill in the application form that new members are required to.

Joining FleetComm is a two step process.

• Step 1: Fill in the FleetComm Application Form. This gives me a single place to review applications, as well as explaining the group rules, and asking you to agree to them.
  • Step 2: From the game menu, select Friends and Private Groups, then the Groups tab, then click Search groups, enter "FleetComm", and finally click Request Join.

I will review the application, and approve the join request ASAP.

Optionally, but encouraged: Join the FleetComm HQ Discord server.

Welcome.

CMDR grnbrg.

Last edited:
I filled out the application twice, once for my main and again for my alt.
Applied to the group in-game on both accounts.

My Discord and Forum ID is the same.
Inara profiles in my signature
EDSM too

Thanks

Last edited:
Okay, Okay, I've filled in your form! Enough with the forms already. It's like being back at work [woah]

Only joking. Just had to apply for my own job (for less pay, which stings even more), and this (applying for a group I'm already in) is not sitting well as a result ;)

Rojo Habe, from my own experience with Fleetcomm, as proud sucessor of Kamzel: 0% pressure + 100% helpfulness + 110% friendliness. Totally recommendable!

Yeah, don't take too much notice of me. The post was intented in jest. The applying for my own job bit was IRL and was skewing my sense of humour more than a litle bit, and I've just reread my post to find it wasn't even a little bit funny :eek:.

Sorry everyone.

Rojo Habe, from my own experience with Fleetcomm, as proud sucessor of Kamzel: 0% pressure + 100% helpfulness + 110% friendliness. Totally recommendable!

Tsk. Rule 4 for the group is that no one is permitted to be serious, if you can get the same result by being silly.

At least, that would have been Rule 4, but my pen ran out of ink. And I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition.

Yeah, don't take too much notice of me. The post was intented in jest. The applying for my own job bit was IRL and was skewing my sense of humour more than a litle bit, and I've just reread my post to find it wasn't even a little bit funny :eek:.

Sorry everyone.

No need. I got the joke, and snickered a bit.

CMDR (Dictator in Chief) grnbrg.

Tsk. Rule 4 for the group is that no one is permitted to be serious, if you can get the same result by being silly.

At least, that would have been Rule 4, but my pen ran out of ink. And I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition.

Paragraph 2.ii (sub-clause 17) would have been contradictory with your proposed rule 4 and left the entire book as a laughing stock that would have needed referring to a higher court for adjudication before anyone knew what was going on.

So it's a good thing your ink ran out.

NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition !

NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition !

They did actually, the Spanish Inquisition gave 30 days notice to prospective heretics to give them time to prepare their defense, of course in my case it would have been to jettison all passengers as a distraction and make a run for it!

And yes to be on topic, I am considering joining, I know a few people I consider colleagues in exploration are members so it is quite likely I will join.

Nice to see, fleetcom is now also ons discord. Flying since the crab nebula expeditionaire always in this privacy group. Hope to connectie to a lot more cmdrs now through discord

Hi guys, just to confirm I've just put an application in, I will send an in game request tomorrow.

I haven't done much exploring , but do spend an awful lot of my time "in the black " currently back in sol, I just want to be able to do my own thing without the hassle of being ganked everytime I go anywhere near busy systems in open play.

I just for once like to meet commanders who would prefer a chat, rather than blow my ship up. It's not asking much is it :)

I pilot an engineered AspE kitted out for exploration , and a python for mission and combat work in Cz and haz res ...I have NEVER fired on a human player...I was ganked on my first day in ED December last year and apart from the odd occasion I rarely venture into open these days...PvP is not my bag

In my short time exploring, I have encountered double star systems, and today actually a neutron star ..that caused a funny smell in my cockpit I can tell you :D

Hi guys, just to confirm I've just put an application in, I will send an in game request tomorrow.

I haven't done much exploring , but do spend an awful lot of my time "in the black " currently back in sol, I just want to be able to do my own thing without the hassle of being ganked everytime I go anywhere near busy systems in open play.

I just for once like to meet commanders who would prefer a chat, rather than blow my ship up. It's not asking much is it :)

I pilot an engineered AspE kitted out for exploration , and a python for mission and combat work in Cz and haz res ...I have NEVER fired on a human player...I was ganked on my first day in ED December last year and apart from the odd occasion I rarely venture into open these days...PvP is not my bag

In my short time exploring, I have encountered double star systems, and today actually a neutron star ..that caused a funny smell in my cockpit I can tell you :D

Look for me in game and fire off a friend request, I'm bimbling around the bubble sorting out the Grey Ghost for a run to Jacques as the moment

Top Bottom