Community Event / Creation Announcing The Azophi Expedition - The Explorer's Consortium

The post has been updated CMDR's! Please read it for some more information.

Quick TL;DR below

-Duration of the entire expedition is approximately 12 weeks. Waypoints have all been planned and laid out and will be released gradually as the expedition progresses.
-Some sections of the route need 32.6 LY Laden jump range.
-127 sign ups at the time of posting!!
-and last but not least, Expedition Patches are available!

Thanks, CMDR's!

hi Cmdr's I'm one of two cmdr's who will be leading the XBOX-UK group on this Explorer.
I recommend that you add me (Cmdr Helitony2) and Cmdr photoniq to your friends list this will help with instance at the meetup's..
We will finalize the actual day and time of the meetup's very shortly ..
fly safe cmdr's o7
cmdr Helitony2

I'm not sure if I'll be going on the expedition now. There is a bug with recalled ships on planet surfaces. I recalled my DBX earlier from my SRV only to watch fly down and crash into the planet's surface, subsequently destroying it. There is an open bug report, however I doubt it will be fixed before the expedition since there was a patch released today.

A rebuy is of little consequence to me, but potentially losing exploration data would not be pleasant. There's a week to think things through and hope for another patch, but I thought I'd offer a head's up.

Sure this is a new bug? I hear about at least one of these a week and I have since we have been able to land.

Never said it was a "new" bug. In fact I said there was an open ticket.

In fact, it is just a question. I wanted to make sure we weren't dealing with something new that was introduced by the server update today that could impact the expedition in ways that were not already calculated for. I'm sure FDev will take care of you, since this has been an issue for almost a year now.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if I'll be going on the expedition now. There is a bug with recalled ships on planet surfaces. I recalled my DBX earlier from my SRV only to watch fly down and crash into the planet's surface, subsequently destroying it. There is an open bug report, however I doubt it will be fixed before the expedition since there was a patch released today.

A rebuy is of little consequence to me, but potentially losing exploration data would not be pleasant. There's a week to think things through and hope for another patch, but I thought I'd offer a head's up.

This happened to me a while back - but turns out it was mis-managed power settings onboard. When i powered up the planetary hanger it took offline some other systems, including (accidentally) the thrusters. so when the ship respawned in my instance the thrusters were automatically offline and it ust crashed to the surface.

Lesson learned: I am not a smart man :mad:

Don't be so hard on yourself. If it's any consolation to you, you're not the only one. That is exactly what happened to me. :rolleyes: I just bought the DBX after the update to see how it was after the buff. Through all the kitting and engineering (and there is a lot of engineering) I completely overlooked properly setting up the power management. As soon as I read your post I knew what had happened. I didn't have to wait until I was back in the game.

The upside is at least this happened now while still in the bubble instead later during the expedition, hundreds or thousands of LYs outside of the bubble.

well glad some good came out of it at least :D

Good evening cmdr's if you do not know yet I am (cmdr Helitony2) one of the leaders for the uk xbox group.
We realise that same cmdr's would not be able to join us at the first meetup which is scheduled for 2am BST (uk time) Saturday morning therefore we would like to invite those cmdr's to join us at 18.00 in game time on Friday evening at wp1 for a quick meet up before we jump 1hr later if anybody hasn't or would like to add cmdr PhotoNig and me cmdr Helitony2 to your friends list this will help with instances and wing invites to each wp

We will jump at 19.00 in game time.
All wp's thereafter for the uk group will be between 18.00 - 20.00 in game time on Saturdays within those 2hr's will be games and challenges ...

Last thing cmdr's have fun injoy and the leader's are here to help you and we will try our very best to make this enjoyable for everybody..
fly safe cmdr's and see you all soon o7

cmdr Helitony2

Top Bottom