[ANNOYED] Why I can't participate in today's 203 Livestream

[ANNOYED] Why I can't participate in today's 2.3 Livestream

Hi guys,

Congratulations on the release of 2.3, and the continued improvements being made to Elite Dangerous. Sadly while I watched some of today's live stream, I was utterly unable to participate and ask any questions, as emojis and pointless posts were appearing in the chat window with one every fraction of a second!

I had some questions I wanted to ask regards the release, which I've included below, but the way the chat quickly deteriorated into a "Who can type the biggest amount of crap quickest" just turned me off the entire event :( Overall it was very poorly implemented and managed.

----------

Q: I'm wondering what the process is when you release a major update? What do you have to do technically in regards to backing things up, cleaning the server, uploading the core files, and applying update etc.?

Q: How big is the actual game (minus player data) on your servers?

Q: Are player-owned bases and outposts on the roadmap?

----------

Mike

Last edited:
Chat during "significant" live streams is generally butts. Especially when what can best be described as Judeo-Buddhist graffiti gets spammed around.

Check back for the live stream with Dav Stott, he talked about the server side quite a lot.

Yeah i honestly close the chat, its full of juveniles drowning out legitimate information/questions, even for a game like ED where you'd expect a more mature player base :(.

One reason why I started this:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...ANTED-Elite-Dangerous-2-3-Q-amp-A-Livestreams

Currently away from my main PC so can't update but if you post them there I'll get them added for the next Q&A :)

Thanks, they're in my first post in this thread :)

Chat during "significant" live streams is generally butts. Especially when what can best be described as Judeo-Buddhist graffiti gets spammed around.

Check back for the live stream with Dav Stott, he talked about the server side quite a lot.

Do you have a time-index for this (or a rough place to look). Thanks :D

The Stott Stream is here and I want to congratulate whoever picked the preview image:

[video=youtube_share;YGqndJFKOfA]https://youtu.be/YGqndJFKOfA[/video]

Re the graffiti, that was some mentally entities spamming swastikas using the star of David as spacer in chat, they were gracefully put out of their misery rather timely.

Last edited:
I answered a question to receive a prize, then about 3 minutes later someone echoed my answer and THEY won the prize/pack.

Yeah, chat frustrations :)

Last edited:

Congratulations on the release of 2.3, and the continued improvements being made to Elite Dangerous. Sadly while I watched some of today's live stream, I was utterly unable to participate and ask any questions, as emojis and pointless posts were appearing in the chat window with one every fraction of a second!

I had some questions I wanted to ask regards the release, which I've included below, but the way the chat quickly deteriorated into a "Who can type the biggest amount of crap quickest" just turned me off the entire event :( Overall it was very poorly implemented and managed.

When there are nearly three thousand people watching you are not going to be treated quite as specially as you seem to think you should have been. :rolleyes:

Live streams are exactly what i always thought they`d be- dumb. In fact seeing some of the people is like loving a really great song, then you see who sang it and you instantly wish you hadn`t. Or an actor who does great acting, then he opens his mouth on politics to the masses when he should`ve stayed in movies and just acted. People with talent to make things aren`t always the people you want to actually see, like me. Just pop the important stuff in a stickied forum post and go code the game.

Does that sound harsh, it isn`t meant to be, I even include myself in the criticism.

Last edited:
With 2,000 plus folks attending (watching) it's not surprising you would have some Chios. But then they were there in there best capacity to entertain us with the new release and answer a few questions. If every fifth person asked a question, and there was a LOT of questions asked, then that would be over 500 questions.

In my honest opinion, they did the best they could.

Chief

Top Bottom