Annual clean up PART 3 - Missplaced content

Annual clean up PART 3

Very soon it will be one year passing since Planet coaster released. I'm one of them that was very active during the Alpha period, but not after the release due to some frustrations about the gameplay. However, after the three seasonal updates I came back and finally start to play and enjoy it during summer and until now. I love Planet coaster and I want it to be of its best!

It is time to adress some stuff in the game that I know more than me gets annoyed about but no one really want to take time to dig into. Some quite messy stuff, other just non consistent that make my OCD go nuts. I do respect that a lot of player just don't care, not notice this stuff or that just accept this kind of errors and build ways around it to handle it. Like there are a lot of item assets that is hard to find today in the browser because they are missplaced into the wrong category. Some just accept and learn were to find it and stop depending on the categories. Another common error are items with the wrong xyz-coordination making extra work for the user to place them in the park or jumping between items in the X-mode feature.
Well that is not a good aim for a high qualtiy AI and gameplay. And people like me are like the canary in the mine, so if I am content, everyone are content and gains from it! Right?
[big grin]

So I want to help and make something creative of this frustration. I have a range of issues to bring up and will make a series with separate parts, because the topics will be focus on very different things. I don't find this as bugs, rather errors. And this are not really suggestions. I have plenty of that in its corresponding forum area already. So, I place this threads in the main discussion forum of Planet Coaster as common ground.

Please feel free to assist by pointing out any additional wrongs and errors you find as well. [happy][up]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry for the delay of this part 3. As I started the resource I just added more and more topics to check simultaneously. Took me all thursday. Then of course, this time I am on much deeper waters. All resource are done. It will just take time to present all this. This is how my test area looks like:

AVtCfMI.png

I'm checking the following issues while I'm going trough all themed content and adding color coded taggs:
As I'm doing all this resource simultaneously, I will however only focus on some topics at the time. Not all topics will be its own part here. I will stick them togehter were I sees it fits.

i76B8ll.png

^
The check topics are as following:
¤ Misplaced content (Todays topic)
¤ Need of its own sub-category (My opinion of course, but hear me out on this.)
¤ Wrong facing orientation in the xyz-coordinates.
¤ Wrong reference point position in the xyz-coordinates.
¤ Missing items. Mostly compared to unfinished sets or compared to other themes.
¤ Thumbnail image does not correspond to the real object in looks or colour or the orientation are wrong. As an example; a wall objects represented with a thumbnail which lies down.
¤ The default color do not correspond to the thumbnail and most of all, related objects.
¤ Color option errors. Has color options, but missing a color option panel were related objects have one. Or there is a color option with no connection to any surface of the actual object. Blind option.
¤ No color option. Objects that have no color options whatsoever. I don't make any opinion on it, I just pointing them out. For some objects this is intended, for others it's just a miss. Even though there is color options for a signs text but not for its surfaces, I will count it to this tag.
¤ Filter missing. As I was going trough themes, I used both "scenery theme" and "Building set" filters for the Building browser. I consider that all objects should correspond to both this filter sets that are theme related.
¤ Objects that should be triggerable and animated. Actually I only made one tag for animation on the big pirate door and made a suggestion tread about it. However, there is a lot of light that miss triggerability.
¤ Name checks for wrong order of words making groups separated or non consistent naming were one object have a implied default name and the other have a longer explanation, making them coming in the wrong order compared to other objects.

Once again I sorted all objects into logical groups. This time by theme of course, but also by building set.
The groups are like following:

tootkIV.png

^
Even though I tried to follow the building set as far as goes, I do go against todays filter on some few points:
- Stucco are considered modern and that by all right of course. However, I'm a bit old fashioned from Alpa1 and the New England themed objects cannot be ignored.
- Planet coaster stuff are both Modern and futureristic while Stucco are modern only. So in a way. that makes its own group.
- Both "pirate castle" and "fantasy castle" goes under the theme castle. Here, this is of course two different by theme primarily.

I actually learned what the word "rustic" means by doing this. = Old fashioned farmer village style. :-3
Sad that this building set filter are very sloppy connected to its content and made me start this particular check. Will be handled in another part. Now, for PART 3's issue....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Misplaced content

Today, I am going to go trough and check all themed items from the basic game and look for displaced content in the item browser menus and point them out.

I will be making following remarks:
¤ Items that is obvious placed in the wrong category that makes it hard to find in the everyday gameplay, because there already exist a category corresponding to it were you natural should look for it.
¤ Related object groups that are by design or by name related, but are separated and spread out in 2-3 different category's.
¤ While working with related objects, I will point out were an item seems to be missing that we would expect to be added to complete the base game, in question of consistency.
¤ Last one are about related objects that are so many or have such distinct specificity, that it is on it place to suggest its own category in the browser. I already made several threads in the suggestion forum about some of this. Cannot be avoided to bring this up here though, because it is so close related to misplacement issues and UI user friendliness.

I will point out displaced items from the DLC as well. Only from the browser though, because I haven't bought them all yet but can still see them and look at them.

1. Exposed divided groups of items

I want to start to show you the splitted groups in the browser so you are familiar with them during the mayor check trough. Frontier really should make up their mind about this, because this division just make the browser and its categories extremely non-user friendly.
Note: The items I group up in this chapter will be color coded with orange frames in the browser overview pictures in following chapters, to help you re-connect here. All other misplacements with yellow color code are not less of an issue though.

1.1 Planet coaster wall signs.

I call them all wall signs, because if you check their attachment they're all facing the side aiming a wall. Despite that, only one of them are categorised as a wall sign. The rest of them are considered as standing signs and are placed in the Scenery > props > Signs and advertising category. In a later part, I will point out the inconsistent about this signs xyz-coordination front facing aswell.

zqDUbRg.png

xnSL1nB.png

So the division are between the categories:
- Scenery > props > Signs and advertising
- Building > Wall signs > Theme signs

This signs have been around since Alpha1 and being jumping around even back then, when they were even more divided between the small/large counterparts of the same shaped signs.
They all should be in Building > Wall signs > Theme signs. And stay there!

1.2 Gingerbread Oblongs.

There is a set of six of this flat gingerbread oblongs (= wide square). By name and features, they are all related.

svDzfBI.png

ZR2YPzu.png

However, they are spread out on three different categories:
- Building > Walls > Wall decorations
- Building > Roofs > Roof trims
- Building > Roofs > Pitched roofs

The question here is what this objects are mainly intended for? Are they intended primarily for adding details on walls or are they roof parts? If you ask me, all six objects could be used for both purposes. Please make up your mind and summon them in one place.

1.3 Balcony/deck, stairs and railings.

This items belongs together in theory. You build verandas and balconies with the western themed and platforms with the sci-fi themed.

ZusLe22.png

OLPI8zj.png

However, in the browser they are divided between 4 different categories! (3 for the western parts and 2 for the sci-fi parts.)
- Building > Walls > Wall decorations
- Building > Roofs > Flat roofs
- Scenery > Props > Misc.
- Building > Doors and Windows > Window decorations

So what are they? Well, I tell you what they are not:
# They are no wall decorations attached to a wall. They are constructional parts of a building supporting themselves.
# They are NO roofs. These are meant to be placed on the ground.
# They are no scenery, what ever they ends up, they should at least end up as building parts!
# They are no decorations to windows. They have nothing to do with windows!
Personally I suggest its own category. I believe floor/base platforms should be divided from flat roofs and get its own main category with balconies/decks/platforms, railings and stairs as sub-categories. Otherwise, just please be consistent and have the railings in one summoned place and the base platforms in a summoned place. Right now, only the stairways are in one place.

1.4 Balconies

Follow up the veranda parts, we have the balcony platforms with wall supports.

MfvKzXN.png

uYwH09o.png

The division is between this two categories:
- Building > Walls > Wall Decorations
- Building > Doors and Windows > Window Decorations

Here as well, I would suggest balconies and its railings to move over to a platform category together with the veranda set. In separate sub-categories though.
Otherwise, please makeup your mind and summon this related objects in one given place.

1.5 Iron hangers for signs.

The third one on this pic on the outer right. I could make a Part for this particular object exclusive. There is just so many errors. However, when it comes to category I think this one is correctly placed and the other two out on a confusing journey.

X2GCo6j.png

OuY8N0H.png

The division is between this two categories:
- Building > Decorations > Misc.
- Building > Wall signs > Theme signs

Because they all have a purpose to support signs, they should all be in this category.

1.6 Modern wall lights.

This division would have been alright if it was between standing lamps and wall hanging lamps. However, all of this are primary wall lights and it is confusing that this three items with equal features are split up.

T1PK5KI.png

F5qi6Kv.png

This division are between the lightning sub-categories:
- Buildings > Decorations > Lights
- Scenery > Props > Lights

The standing light category should be primarily focused on street lamps as the icon refers to. Personally I would prefer this sub-category the be under Street support, as it was in RCT3.

1.7 Floodlights

This three lights have the same purpose, but are split between the two light browsers for wall and standing.

kNN0r2B.png

SKJ6naG.png

Once again, the division are between the lightning sub-categories:
- Buildings > Decorations > Lights
- Scenery > Props > Lights

For more user friendliness, they should be put together. The one with a standing feet fits well in the category of standing lights. The other two are categorised as for primarily usage on walls. It works well for both ground and for walls. Despite that, of what I have seen by Frontier themselves demonstrating how to use this two in scenario-parks, it shows that this is two primarily are intended for lightning up scenery, coaster-tracks and attractions from down under and up. Hence, they would fit very well together with their sibling as scenery standing lights.

1.8 Bunting flags and lantern chain.

This both sets of decoration between sticks works the same. However, one is primarily categorised after what is hanging in them, the lanterns. The other one are primarily categorised after this sticks and ropes both sets have, as archways.

Avjh11e.png

xCiB6dI.png

The division are between:
- Scenery > props > Lights
- Scenery > props > Archways

The lanterns have been categorised as standing lights since alpha1. However, when the fantasy theme got the flag oblongs, it started to get confusing. Personally I would suggest to give up lanterns from the light category and move it together with the bunting flags. -> Both primarily categorised as archways.
Note that there are other archways with lights integrated categorised as archways primarily.

However, if there would be a standing flag sub category, it would be consistent to let the lanterns stay in the light category and the bunting flags in the standing flag category. -> Both primarily categorised after what is hanging in the rope.

Note. The spooky pack gives us an additional bunted lantern hanging in a rope. This one in the Scenery > Props > Misc category. A third place. This one however have no sticks, only the rope. They really should look over bunted stuff. There are even more bunted flags with only ropes.

1.9 Potted plants and jars.

This two types of scenery are mixed up between centrepieces and Misc. The groups within the types however are consistent. So depending of what theme and when the objects was added into the game, the valuation about in what category to place it differs.

KYk45ZG.png

oxLWhLz.png

Both the potted plants groups and the jars groups are divided from eachother between the categories:
- Scenery > Props > Statues and centrepieces

Please make up your mind about were to place potted plants and jars. It is very confusing to jump between two categories to find the right potted plant or jar.

1.10 Chests and dry wells

Later on, I realise chests and these two dry wells also are divided between centrepieces and Misc aswell. Just because they were added at different dates.

XLfThWE.png

hlSLGVp.png

Once again:
- Scenery > Props > Statues and centrepieces

For me it doesn't matter what side of the fence this ones ends up, as long as it is consistent same type of objects in the same category.

1.11 Pipes.

What more difference between these two set than the theme? Well another case of different valuation of category of the same type of objects.

2NYk7Hw.png

EffYnOx.png

The division of pipes sets are between the categories:
- Building > Decorations > Misc.

I can understand that the devs had spaceships in mind for these vent shaft pipes. However, consistently both pipe sets should be primarily be in the Building category.
I personally had a really hard time to find these space themed pipes as I was building a space base building not long time ago.

1.12 Rustic wall columns

There are some fuzzy confusing overlaps between the two sub-categories for columns and wall decorative pieces. The rustic set have pillars with the same behaviour in both categories, were a vertical columns are oriented to be placed against a wall, not on the ground. And both are used for the same purpose in early concept art of decoration around shop openings.

L0DFA3A.png

Hr4owst.png

The split up are between the categories:
- Building > Walls > Columns

The first two to the left have explanatory names were one is vertical (the one standing in the pic by itself) and the horizontal one (placed vertical to the wall in the picture). This to show the confusing that its works the same as the rest of the four items to the right. However, this one should more likely be categorised and named to be a decorative support and be togheter with the rest of this kind in the Wall decorations. It is not a column if it is intended horizontal. Still, good that it is grouped together with its sibling that is. So this is a fuzzy one.

The two in the middle are the main attraction here. Why does it behave as it siblings in the Wall decoration category but are placed as columns? This related in theme and behaviour objects should be together! In matter of fact, the pillar in the to the right "float" in front of the wall because of its origo reference point, making it look more as a column than the rest of them.
The must reasonable solution would be to place them all in the column category. However, some of the laying pillars in the following issue are related to the one in this. By the bigger picture with the suggestion of placing all wall demanding details to wall decorations, that would be my final suggestion for all of this.

1.13 Planks and constructional pieces

Oh yes, this collection of wooden planks of all kinds are the favourites of the most master builders of Planet Coaster. They are all super easy to use for creating your own constructional details. Just sad that they are so divided, therefore hard to find!

irsYnU0.png

oVkIXuD.png

This is the biggest monster. This related objects are divided between 4 different categories in both Buildings and Scenery:
- Building > Walls > Columns
- Building > Decoration > Misc.

The pieces that are in fact standing pillars should of course stay in this category, as it is their primarily use.
Those laying down though should all be assembled in one place; in wall decorations. As I believe this should be the main core of this category and what most people expect to find here. Especially when the rustic old village house style expect us to add this kind of details to the walls with planks and wood.

The driftwood planks from the pirate theme are used in some of Frontiers own official building blueprints for the fantasy theme. It is just justified to officially place together with the other planks. If someone what a plank to lie around on a scenery set, this is the category the user expect to find it. And think out of the box, the user might prefer any of the other planks to drift on their shores.

The last one at the far right, the long timber logs. I actually consider this one to be more acceptable to stay in the Scenery Misc list as it is, as it is intended for the timber transport wagon for old west trains. The sixe and there natural forms makes it more likely people want to use for scenery than buildings.

I made a suggestion of a new set up between Wall > Columns, Wall > decorations and Scenery > Props > Misc.:
D2gzhGp.png

2. The Building Browser

2.1 Walls

Note: To see more details about walls. Se PART 2 in this series.
There are no misplacement of wall pieces in the basegame, however in the Spooky pack there is. So I included all sub-categories for walls for the best overview.
Despite that, it is a opportunity to mark out pieces that would gain from giving their own sub categories.

2.1.1 Wall pieces

Overview:
RoLHNLQ.png

^
Comments (Basegame):
- No misplacements. [up]
- I recommend corner wall pieces their own sub category, as it was in RCT. (Green framed)
- I would also recommend shop openings wall pieces their own category, just as the archers. Faster and easier to find them. As I noted the DLC shop openings are misplaced, this might be a needed act.

DLC:
- No misplacements. [up]

2.1.2 Arches

Overview:
fNAfck7.png

^
Comments (Basegame):
- No misplacements. [up]
Se PART 2 for details about missing pieces and wrong facing pieces.

DLC:
# Crypt Archway = Belongs to Scenery > Props > Archways
# Graveyard Gate = Belongs to Scenery > Props > Archways
# Graveyard Gate Animatronic = Belongs to Scenery > Props > Archways, or Belongs to Scenery > Props > Animatronics.
# Graveyard Gate Arch = Belongs to Scenery > Props > Archways

2.1.3 Columns

Overview:
qltjane.png

^
Comments:
This section really needs to get a more clear definition to be fully about columns, pillars and posts. The tower buildingpieces are primarily for building towers, not columns. And there is a fuzzy line to the Wall dec. -subcategory about framework, planks and supports.
- I recommend all tower pieces (framed green) to have their own sub-category. These are no columns and confuse this subcategory.
- Orange highlights are discussed in chapter 1.12 and 1.13.
- The only yellow framed item here belongs to festive:
# Gingerbread column = Just face it, this is primarily no column and should be renamed. Everyone use this as a chimney. Move it to Buildings > Roofs > Roof decorations.

DLC:
- No misplacements. [up]

2.1.4 Framework

Overview:
Z2FQWtZ.png

^
Comments:
There is a issue of a fuzziness between columns and frameworks as well. There is this metal framework family (Iron scaffolding) who have both a railing part and a pillar included. Personally I say this family should stay together as it. The two iron scaffolding pipes though feels much more suited in the column category. Hard one, when the name says this are family as well.
I am very fond of this sub-category all in all. It was a very good addition in the right direction, concerning this stuff used to be mixed up with walls back in the Alpha period. I highly empathize this kind of evolutional move for the UI by Frontier. [up]

2.1.5 Wall Decorations

Oh man... Now the really messy stuffs begins. Welcome to the Building browser's dump! [woah]
I highly recommend the devs to re-define what they really want out of this sub-category. I suppose it is intended to be (and I personally want it to be) for constructional/practical details only. As wooden planks on rustic houses and different kind of supports and brackets. Thanks for later add-ons from the Spooky theme, this has also been a place to find wallpapers. I think this is the correct direction of this section. Objects that merges with the walls and façade, as if they were one.

Overview:
bdJ9J4N.png

^
Comments:
There are so many misplaced items in this category! You can find doors, windows, roofs and a lot of decorations that belongs to the ordinary Misc.-category for items with no constructional purposes. Have the devs forgotten all about their category sections for Doors and windows whatsoever? [uhh]
- (Green framed) You can also find railings, platforms and stairs here that have nothing to do with wall details. They should all rightly have their own category!
- Orange framed items are discussed in chapters 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.12 and 1.13. Most issues are about moving items suited to this category related to this marked ones.

DLC:
- Following stairs have the feature to be placed directly on the ground. They have nothing to do with walls what so ever. If this is were the development are heading for stairs, I really encourage them to make a Platform category with a stairway sub-category. # Castle steps, Castle steps Spiral Left, Castle steps Spiral Right.
# Castle Wall Broken Corner Base = Belongs to Building > Walls > Wall Pieces. *Fixed 1.4*
# Graveyard Wall = This piece are not designed to be added on a wall. It is a stand alone piece, more like a mural related to fences and should be placed in the new confirmed sub-category Scenery > Props > Fences.
- Following pieces are pitched roofs! My god, what are they doing here? #Haunted House Balcony Roof, #Haunted House Balcony Roof Corner, #Haunted House Balcony Roof Corner Inverted. *Fixed 1.4*
- And the last one is a flat roof. #Haunted House Flat Balcony. [downcast] *Fixed 1.4*
# Haunted House Flat Balcony Add-on. I really don't know the use of this. I do know however it does not fit in this category and if my suggestion goes trough about a balcony/veranda sub-category for platforms, this item gets a good home.
- Following jail bar walls are walls, no matter the bars.
# Jail Bars, #Jail bars with door = Building > Walls > Wall Pieces.
*Fixed 1.4*

Fantasy Castle
5fDMBPR.png

^
Following windows should be moved to the Building > Doors and Windows > Windows category, were people expect to find....windows! [blah]
- I do understand this are quite tricky pieces, because they have both windows and roofs. And additional the two turret-pieces relates a lot to the pirate castle's Sandstone Watchtower. I guess there is were this mess began. I can assure you, when we users search for this particular pieces, we primarily look in the window sub-category or the roof category. Not here! Even though you of some reason made the icon for this section imagine a turret, this is just a wrong placement and non-user friendly. Please consider to make a new icon for this sub-category that image wall constructional details in a good way. Maybe re-use this icon for a new sub-category for roof-windows and windowed-turrets in the Doors and window section-section? Or maybe even in the roof section? # Castle Window Extension, #Castle Window Oriel - Turret large, #Castle Window Oriel - Turret small, #Village Window Extension - Large, #Village Window Extension - Small.
- Following are just windows despite the small roofs. #Village Window Oriel - Covered Arch Small, #Village Window Oriel - Heart Small, #Village Window Oriel - Plain Large, #Village Window Oriel - Plain Small = Belong to Building > Doors and windows > Windows.
- Following are not details of the wall, they are features of the building and should be moved to the main decoration category. Also, sad that this isn't animated. Will discuss that in a later part.
# Drawbridge, #Portcullis = Belongs to Building > Decoration > Misc.

Western
G67cCDG.png

^
- The decks, balconies, railings and stairs are discussed in chapter 1.3 and 1.4
- There is 4 stair-pieces in the western theme. Two for veranda decks and two stair ladders. This should as well be re-located in this recommended stair sub-category as mentioned in the DLC section. #Wooden Deck Steps 2m, #Wooden Deck Steps 4m, #Wooden Stepladder 2m, #Wooden Stepladder 4m.

Sci-fi Futuristic
RMgbtVa.png

^
The sci-fi add-ons for the wall are indeed a grayzone (no puns intended). I did find out some of them that really should belong to their established corresponding category:
# Fibreglass Elevator Door = Belongs to Building > Doors and Windows > Doors. Yes indeed, it is the only door for this theme at the moment and it is misplaced here. [mouth shut]
# Fibreglass Reinforced Window = Belongs to Building > Doors and Windows > Windows. The only official window for this theme. Although, it is very related to the piece "Fibreglass Reinforced Hatch" that I wouldn't mind if it stayed.
# Fibreglass Shop Fascia Reinforcement 1, #Fibreglass Shop Fascia Reinforcement 2 = Belongs to Building > Decorations > Shop Decorations. This are intended to place above shop openings for the sci-fi theme! Very hard to find them here.
# Fibreglass Terminal = Belongs to Scenery > props > Misc. There are two terminals, this stand alone scenery piece and the one that actually are attached onto a wall. The other one is so close to be suggested to be moved to the Building > Decorations > Misc department because it is its own feature, not a building detail. It really needs to be a line drawn between Decoration > Misc and Walls > Wall decorations!
- I recommend the #Metal walkway Stairs 2m and #Metal walkway Stairs 4m to be relocated in a category for stairs and stairways as I have mention earlier.
Note from chapter 1.3, there is two platforms and a railing that belongs to this two stairs.

Festive Gingerbread
E7XjNKO.png

^
Now this are even more trixy. I kind of placed the gingerbread icing decorative "on ice" because it is a question of how to define them, whether they still belong here as wall details or if they are decoratives > Misc. Nah, they should stay. In my definition of "merge to the wall" they fit right in.
Despite that, the doors and windows should be in its corresponding categories were we users expect to find them!
# Gingerbread Icing Door (1 to 7) = Belongs to Building > Doors and Windows > Doors.
# Gingerbread Icing Window (1 to 7) = Belongs to Building > Doors and Windows > Windows.
- The last one are really my state example on items that are decorations that DO NOT merge into the wall. A wreath is something you hang onto it as a decoration. All eleven items in the #Holly Wreath-set belongs to Building > Decorative > Misc. (Or Light, because of the colourable light in the wreath set.)

2.2 Roofs

I have been doing separate resource about roof parts and will later on make a separate part that focus on this, just as I did with Wall pieces. I found some roof-trim pieces that have ended up wrong I'm going to bring up from that resource. The rest of the themed objects in this category will be walked trough.
As seen in the previous chapter, there are several roof pieces in the complete wrong category department for the Spooky DLC.

2.2.1 Pitched Roofs

Overview:
D2BIFhn.png

^
Comments (Basegame):
- Orange framed, some of the gingerbread oblongs ended up here. Please see chapter 1.2 for further discussion about these.
- There are five roof-trims that ended up here that should be moved to its corresponding sub-category.
# Corrugated Iron Roof Ridge, #Wood Tile Roof Ridge = Belongs to Buildings > Roofs > Roof Trims. Half of the ridges are already located in roof trims. It is a non consistency to divide them between this two categories.
# Ridge Tile Roof Corner Edge, #Thatch Roof Eave, #Thatch Roof Ridge Overhang = Belongs to Buildings > Roofs > Roof Trims.

DLC:
# Crypt Roof Flat = Belongs to Buildings > Roofs > Flat Roofs. *Fixed 1.4*
# Haunted House Roof Overhang = Belongs to Buildings > Roofs > Roof Trims. *Fixed 1.4*

Fantasy Rustic
F9v10Dm.png

^
- What are these three Fairytale Canopy (1 to 3) doing here? One of them doesn't even have a roof and are impossible to find, because this is the last place to looking for it in this section! These main function are to be decorative above windows and are attached to walls. So figure, these belongs to Buildings > Doors and Windows > Window decorations.

2.2.2 Flat Roofs

This category is very controversial! Most flat parts isn't really flat roofs. Several of this have even clear names saying they are base platforms. Only a few are really no mistaken flat roof parts. And I'm sure fore most users 90% of the times , you come here to get material for a foundation. As there is also small decks and balconies, stairs, stairways and ladders that is well related to foundations and base platforms.

Overview:
asdRrxb.png

^
Comments:
- I couldn't emphasize enough that a new main category for base platforms should be added with sub categories for small decks and stairs. Were most of this platforms would find a new home and clear out those few pieces that really are flat roofs to stay here. All green framed pieces should fit the new platform category. Only six of this would remain in this category from the basegame.
- The orange framed balcony/veranda deck pieces are further discussed in chapter 1.3 and 1.4.

DLC:
There are some more flat roof parts for the Spooky theme that is misplaced in other categories at the moment. *Fixed 1.4*
# Haunted House Flat Balcony Add-on straigt = Should be in Building > Walls > Walls Decoration, or together with balconies in a new subcategory for base platforms.

2.2.3 Roof Trims

Overview:
0VvyPNQ.png

^
Comments:
- The orange framed piece is another of the gingerbread oblong set.
- The green framed are add-ons on platforms that should move along to the recommended base platform main category as discussed in the chapter above.

Generic Modern
qQ4PDFB.png

^
- This section really need a clarified definition what its main focus are. I suppose this category are for small extra roof parts. Not for pillars, columns and decorative supporters and molding under the roof. Those are primarily in all other cases placed in the Walls > Decorative sub-category and Walls > Columns sub-category. So why are this big set of metal pipe columns here? I do understand that they have a relation to the modern Steel Roof set with the molding, however, as well with the corresponding wall pieces. So this isn't really a excuse to mess up this category with pillars. This hole set of modern roof molding and and pipe supporters should be moved to Building > Walls > Columns. Alternative to Framework, due to the similarities to the steel pipe pillars.

Pirate/Generic Stucco
bmpU9Qo.png

^
These three old favorites from Alpha1. What are they doing here? This is not the place to look for them as they have the typical features of supports and planks in the Walls Decoration sub-category. Enough of this "Roof molding" naming to excuse to place this here. It is more user friendly of this kind of pieces are together under Building > Walls > Wall decoration. Because this is connected to walls as much as for roofs and you expect to find them there as they was the first pieces to be used to give walls more details back in the days.

2.2.4 Roof Decorations

Overview:
f4F7Msd.png

^
Comments:
- Only one hard nut to discuss here I yellow framed here. There is this balcony roof support. You can say this is a decoration under a roof piece. You can also say this is as any wall attached supporter that should belong to Building > Walls > Wall decoration. With the wooden planks from this department we often create our own roof supporters for the bigger main roofs. However, is it easier to find it here together with the very specific balcony roofs it is related to?

DLC:
- No misplacements. [up]

2.3 Doors and Windows

Not many misplacement within this main category. However, there are several doors and windows out in the blue in other categories that need to come home. Especially for Sci-fi, fantasy Castle plus Rustic and Festive Gingerbread.
Lets have a look what we got.

2.3.1 Doors

Overview:
SWZe7eo.png

^
Comments (Basegame):
- No misplacement. [up]
However, many doors are misplaced in other categories.

DLC:
- No misplacements. [up]

2.3.2 Windows

Overview:
pUsl2QZ.png

^
Comments (Basegame):
- No misplacement. [up]
However, many windows are misplaced in other categories.

DLC:
- No misplacements. [up]

2.3.3 Window Decorations

Overview:
ab0wP51.png

^
Comments (Basegame):
- The orange framed railing set for the western theme are discussed in chapter 1.3. They do not belong here.
- The orange framed balconies and railings in stucco style and castle style are discussed in chapter 1.4.
In overall, this have become some kind of substitution for a real sub-category for balconies. Most real window decoration are somewhere else. [uhh]
A group of them can be find in Roofs > Pitched roofs and another one is misplaced under Building > Decoration > Shop decoration.
# Stucco Wall Bay = Belongs to Building > Walls > Wall Decoration. A quite given one. This is a add-on of the wall primarily.

DLC:
- Is this really window decorations? Can you even see the window on the wall if you put one of this two big monster balcony pieces in front of it? It really should be a formal balcony category for this instead.

2.4 Decorations

This is the main category in the Building section that have the biggest exchange with the "Props" main category in the Scenery section, which is the mayor part of Scenery I will cover further down. There will be several examples of misplaced objects between this two main categories.

2.4.1 Lights

Overview:
W21ZuQa.png

^
Comments (Basegame):
- The orange framed light are deeper discussed in chapter 1.6 and 1.7.
- There is a big set of misplaced festive "Fairy lights" wall light that belong to this category.

DLC:
# Spooky Wall Light 1 = This is a standing lamp. Therefore it should be renamed and move to Scenery > Props > Lights.
The item #Spooky Wall light 3 should be considered to be moved as well. I was uncertain about this one, because the design works well on a wall but the thumbnail proposes it to be a standing "Madame Leota/fortune teller" bowl.

Western
j5g3sLD.png

^
# Iron Box Lamp = Belongs to Scenery > Props > Lights.
As seen, this is by behaviour and design a standing lantern. I have indeed tagged it with a lot of issues, so save this lantern in your memory for future part of this reports.

Sci-fi Futuristic
XcXbsxF.png

^
# Fibreglass Light Cylinder = Belongs to Scenery > Props > Lights.
This is in fact the only standing light for the sci-fi theme, and it is misplaces here as a wall lamp. By design and behaviour it is obviously a standing lamppost, similar to the roofed one for the fairytale theme.

2.4.2 Flags

Overview:
taHIv8e.png

^
Comments:
No misplacement in this category. However, this is the only category for flags at the moment. And even though the standing ones here are obviously designed to fit buildings roof tops, they are in fact standing. And there are a lof of new standing flags in the Scenery > Props > Misc.-category. This should be sorted up and possible add a sub-category for standing flags in the Props main category.
- There are a lot of bunted flags designed to hang on walls that should belong here.

2.4.3 Misc.

Overview:
3KOSyLn.png

^
Comments:
For being the "Misc" of buildingdecorations, this section is rather empty. You will see later on however, that this is because so much content are misplaced in the Scenery > Props > Misc that rather belongs here.
- The orange framed sign holders are discussed in chapter 1.5. (Moves)
- The orange framed Iron Pipe set are discussed in chapter 1.11. (Stays)
- The orange framed western themed wooden poles are discussed in chapter 1.13. (Moves)
- The only green framed one is the animated wall canon. This is very intriguing, because this is the only building/wall attached animatronics that have stayed in the Building section. Rest of them are categorised as scenery > Props > Animatronics. I find this wrong and makes it hard and confusing to find moving building parts and decorations as clocks, doors and windmills sails. I recommend a new sub-category for animatronic building sets and summon this animated objects here under Building > Decorations. I will also suggest that triggered doors gets its own sub-category under Building > Doors and Windows > Triggered Doors.

2.4.4 Shop Decorations

Overview:
45mkoLL.png

^
Comments (Basegame):
- As mentioned earlier, the two sci-fi bibreglass awnings are missing in this category.
# Stone Awning = Belongs to Building > Doors and Windows > Window decoration. This is one of the most classical window decoration pieces since Alpha1. What does it doing here? It does not even fit a shop opening. It is too narrow! [where is it]
I have a really hard time to find this old favourite for the Stucco set. This is not the place to look for it.

DLC:
- Now this is just sloppy. Why are two shop front wall pieces doing here? If the devs finds it this hard to find them, as they are initially supposed to be among the rest of the wall pieces, I would rather recommend to actually fix a new sub-category for shop fronts in "Buildings > Walls > Shop Fronts". Just like the arches got their own sub-category.
No matter if someone listens to my recommendations about new sub-categories, this two walls #Crypt Shop Front and #Haunted House Shop Front in todays sorting rules belongs to Building > Walls > Wall Pieces.
*Fixed 1.4*

2.5 Wall Signs

In this chapter we will step upon shop signs and facility signs already been checked trough in PART 1 - Shop Signs, in this series of reports. Here however, I will only sum up the misplacements I brought up back there. So you get the bigger picture.

2.5.1 Shop Signs

Overview:
oimAq8B.png

^
Comments:
# Chief Beef Patrol Light = Belongs to Scenery > Props > Signs and Advertising.
# Chief Beef Sign - Wall Sign 6 Salute Cutout = Belongs to Scenery > Props > Signs and Advertising.
Should be renamed aswell. Both this are standing signs. The cutout mascot could be recoordinated to fully be attachable to the wall, otherwise, it should be moved to the other signs section.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2.5.2 Facility Signs

Overview:
eLktgmx.png

^
Comments:
Facility signs are in fact themed and I did quality checked them extra for this PART 3 as I checked all themed objects.
- However, no misplacement was found. [up]
There is a big lack of content here. Only generic, pirate and fantasy have facility signs. Still waiting for western, sci-fi, festive and spooky facility signs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2.5.3 Ride Signs

Overview:
E1pwtT6.png

^
Comments:
Ride signs are not themed. They are connected to their corresponding flat rides, just as all shop signs are connected to their corresponding shop.
- No misplacement here to be found. [up]
- However, this category lack A LOT of content. Consistent all flat rides should have some sort of represented sign here, whether is just an image or with text. [weird]
They should design a new Ride sign to place here together with every new flat ride they add to the game in upcoming updates as well as standard procedure. Just like shop signs have all theirs.
- I find this category more suited for several DLC title signs in the Scenery > Props > Signs and Advertising category added during the year.

2.5.4 Theme Signs

Overview:
3GI84IK.png

^
Comments:
- The orange framed Planet Coaster signs family group gets discussed in chapter 1.1. (Stays)
- The orange framed western sign bracket gets discussed in chapter 1.5. (Stays)

Generic Modern
ZhssF5Y.png

^
# Hotdog Squad Sign - Wall Sign 5 = This one's misplacement was also mentioned in PART 1 of this series of reports. It belongs to Building > Wall Signs > Shop Signs.
# Planet Coaster Sign - Wall Sign 2 Lit = This sign by design could be correctly placed in this category. However, its xyz-coordination is like a standing sign. So either they change the orientation to a fully working wall sign or they relocate it in Scenery > Props > Signs and Advertising.

Western
jITaqtN.png

^
# Roedo Sign = This aswell is by xyz-coordination a standing sign and should be located in Scenery > Props > Signs and Advertising. It could stay in this category if it they change the orientation to a fully working wall sign. More about objects orientation will be discussed in later Parts of this series of reports.

2.5.5 Misc Signs

Misc signs are not themed. So I had to set them up in an individual quality check work.

Overview:
9JRoISc.png

^
Comments (Basegame):
It is a bit confusing to distinguish generic from the (generic/modern) Planet Coaster Theme. Some of the image signs (non-text signs) have the same concept of big and small versions like the sci-fi and fantasy themed image signs in the Theme Signs sub-category and could fit in there aswell. [wacky]
- Anyways, other than that no misplacements. [up]

DLC:
What does themed signs doing in here? This is the generic section by definition! [where is it]
# Spooky Sign - Wall sign 1 = Belongs to Buildings > Wall Signs > Themed Signs. *Fixed 1.4*
# Spooky Sign - Wall sign 2 = Belongs to Buildings > Wall Signs > Themed Signs. *Fixed 1.4*

3. The Scenery Browser

Initially "Props" is the only main category under Scenery I will report here. Because this is mainly were all the themed stuff are and with a lot of misplacement. I have however checked trough the other categories as well and they actually holds up. [up]

3.1 Props

3.1.1 Animatronics

Overview:
rc31iX2.png

^
Comments (Basegame):
- All assets in this category are animatronics. So no real misplacement here. [up]
However, there is a bigger issue here. The wall canon in the Building > Decoration > Misc.-category gives us an important questions about why building related animatronics doesn't have its own category today? It is not user friendly to search for building decorations in the Scenery section only because its moves and is not a canon. Same confusion comes to the trigger doors. What are they doing here? The first place to think of when spontaneously looking for a trigger door is ofcourse in the Building > Doors and Windows sections. It have door in its name right? So my recommendations is (se green framed in the image above):
- I recommend all building related animatronics as clocks, gears, trapdoors, waterwheels and windmills sails to get its own sub category Building > Decorations > Animatronics.
- I recommend all trap doors gets its own sub-category Building > Doors and Windows > Trap doors.

DLC:
All new Spooky animatronics here are correctly placed. [up]
The new animated curtains though, that should fit in well in my recommendation of building animatronics, have by some reason been placed in the "Misc." section. So we will come back to this further down the report in chapter 3.1.6.

3.1.2 Statues and Centrepieces

Overview:
GhP6L1J.png

^
Comments (Basegame):
This category for fontain parts and statues are great, but sloppy used by the devs. Do you even know there is a western themed and a sci-fi themed fontain pool in the game allready? Exactly, they are misplaced. They will be pointed out in Misc. in chapter 3.1.6.
- Orange framed items are deeper discussed in chapter 1.9 and 1.10.
- A big question about this category are about statues; In matter of fact all advertising statues of mascots and food should fit in here.
- There is as well a lot fo big objects in the Misc. category in chapter 3.1.6 were I will point out big centrepieces that would fit in here better.

DLC:
The gargoyles collection are statues, hence fits in here. However, they are not really centrepieces. So once again, a clear definition of this category are needed to separate it from the Misc.-subcategory.

3.1.3 Lights

Overview:
xCp0CXr.png

^
Comments (Basegame):
This is still a very small collection of lights in this section. And to make it worse, half of it is misplaced and should end up in its sibling category Building > Decorations > Lights for wall attached lights.
- Orange framed lights are discussed in chapter 1.6, 1.7 and 1.8.

DLC:
No misplacement here, however, there is DLC light that should be moved here.

Generic Modern
t2fxBco.png

^
The wall lamp showed here #Boxlight as mentioned in chapter 1.6 this one should be reunited with its siblings.
- Now about #Square Lamp and #Square Lamp Strip. Both works standing and on walls. As I understand this section of standing lamps, it should be initially for lamps that are for standing only and first most for lamppost. It would be more user friendly to have this in the Building > Decoration > Lights category were this kind of light are more expected to be find.

Festive
YIdcMJC.png

^
Now this is just complete straight wrong. The whole set #"Fairy Lights" of wall hanging buntings of lamps belongs to Building > Decorations > Lights.
How did they ever end up here?

3.1.4 Archways

Overview:
YfLsi7C.png

^
Comments (Basegame):
- This is a good category with just a minor issues of grayzones when it comes to include lights and flags. The orange framed are discussed about this issue in chapter 1.8.
- There are several archways misplaced in the Misc. section. See chapter 3.1.6.

DLC:
There are actually several new archways for the spooky theme. They are just misplaced in other sections. Like among the wall arches in the building section.

3.1.5 Signs and Advertising

Please see PART 1 - Shop signs in this series of reports for deeper analises about this section. For the big picture, all misplaced mentioned there will be mentioned in a summary here.

Overview:
ZNN6Ncs.png

^
Comments (Basegame):
# Gulpee Soda Sign - Projecting Sign 1 Lit,
#Gulpee Soda Sign - Projecting Sign 2 Lit,
#Hotdog Squad Sign - Projecting Sign 1 Lit,
# Pizza Pen Sign - Projecting Sign 1,
= All these belongs to Building > Wall Signs > Shop Signs.
- The orange framed Planet coaster sign set are discussed in chapter 1.1. They should all reunite with the one in the Wall Signs > Theme Signs subcategory.

DLC:
For once about the other DLC's than the Spooky pack. I'm not fond of that all these signs landed in this section. They are all wall signs and they would be easier to be find in the other section were signs are better sorted up in sub categories.
Because they have titles in them and we probably will use them for themed rides, the best placement would be in the Ride Sign sub-category were the most similar signs are.
# Back to the future sign,
# Knight rider sign,
# The Munsters sign
= All these should be relocated in Building > Wall Signs > Ride Signs. Secondary choose would be Themed Signs. However, these do not belong to any theme.

Generic Planet Coaster
ku28oYh.png

XSQhzqB.png

^
The statues and indeed centrepieces of Planet Coaster are in fact themed objects and neither signs nor advertisements. They belong to the statues and centrepiece subcategory!
# King Coaster Statue Lit,
# Planet Coaster Rail Statue Lit,
# Planet Coaster Sign - Standing Sign Gold,
# Planet Coaster Sign - Standing Sign Silver,
= Belongs to Scenery > Props > Statues and Centrepieces.

In the second picture (I borrowed some space in the adjacent folder in my resource area.) [rolleyes]
- As for the DLC signs. This real name signs as well doesn't belong here. They are wall signs. And one of them is absolutely a ride sign. The big Cedar Point sign do behave as a standing sign, however, does the text float? Did not think so. It should be oriented as its smaller sibling.
# Official Cedar Point Large Sign,
# Official Cedar Point Sign,
# Official Steel Vengeance Sign,
= Belongs to Building > Wall Signs > Ride Signs.

Pirate
g7J5Pl8.png

^
Now this is just sloppy. Anyone sees were these belongs.
# Pirate Wooden Fleur Sign,
# Pirate Wooden Skull Sign,
= Belongs to Building > Wall Signs > Themed Signs.

3.1.6 Misc.

Oh man. This subcategory is an abyss! There is just so much stuff here. 657 of them to be exaclty (DLC included). And at least a quarter doesn't even belong here. Because this browser is so big, I added additional color codes on the frames to make it easier to adress groups. See you down on the other side...

Overview:
EMpJupy.png

^
Comments (Basegame):
I really recommend them to split up this category in separate parts. As in RCT3, Misc. was divided and sorted after small, medium and large objects. In this case, there are a lot of different kinds of vehicles. Includes both the biggest objects in here as the boats, trains and spaceships, but also some smaller wagons with all those spare wheels and all the cars from the DLC's with all their small separate parts that need a better place to be.
- Purple framed objects = I really recommend to create a new subcategory for vehicles called Scenery > Props > Vehicles. [cool]
Then there is a lot of flags in here. Some are really wall flags and should be moved to that already existing subcategory. However, it would fit well with adding a corresponding subcategory for standing flags as well. They are after all quite many by now.
- Green framed. I recommend to add a Scenery > Props > Flags subcategory for standing flags.
- Blue framed. Then we have the fences. A big victory! They are while I'm doing this report officially confirmed to get their own subcategory "Scenery > Props > Fences". [big grin][up]
- Orange framed items in this subcategory are discussed deeper in chapters 1.9 (Potted plants and jars), 1.10 (Chests and dry wells), 1.11 (Pipes) and 1.13 (Planks).

DLC:
- Purple framed. As I mentioned above, all DLC car sets should be included in a new sub-category for vehicles.
- Blue framed; DLC fences from the Spooky theme. I do hope they get moved over the new subcategory for fences.
- Dark red framed. This are actually additional planks and railings that is discussed in chapter 1.13, 1.3 and 1.4. They should all be moves to the building section. Planks to Buildings > Walls > Wall decorations. And the railings would be placed in the same recommended additional category for railings I suggested or just together with other railings in the building section in one place.
# Pumpkin Bunting = Now this one did I mention in chapter 1.8 about the other sets with buntings and lanterns on sticks. This rather belongs to Scenery > Props > Lights.
# Pumpkin Lantern, #Spooky candle = Those as well belongs to Scenery > Props > Lights.
# Spooky Cobweb (1 to 6) = This is wall decorations that belongs to Buildings > Decoration > Misc.
# Spooky Flapping Net Curtains, # Spooky Flapping Tattered Curtains = This are animated and they are for walls. They belongs to Buildings > Decoration > Misc. or in a recommended addition of a building animatronic category.
# Spooky Hanging Flag 1, #Spooky Hanging Flag 2 = I would recommend it to the Building > Decorations > Flag category, or in a recommended additional Flag category for the Scenery section.
# Spooky Picture Frame (1 to 4), #Spooky Picture Frame Small (1 to 4) = These are obviously intended to be attached to a wall. They belongs to Buildings > Decoration > Misc.
# Spooky shelves = This interior furniture is meant for the wall. Belongs to Buildings > Decoration > Misc.
- There are several grayzonens when it comes to internal furniture's and parts here. The set with the open fireplace are better suited to remain a floor placed objects here even tough it is meant to be placed adjacent to a wall. It is good it is together with the fireplace logs.
- The 7 wreaths in the #"Spooky Wreath" set = belongs to Buildings > Decoration > Misc.

- Last, I just have to comment the red markings of the spooky vine set that really upset me while doing this resource. This is a completion of an item set that belongs to the base game and was free. This 10 additional parts should be free as well then! Why split a set and hide it behind a pay wall? This is unfair! [mad]
The additional green ones are not even spooky. I checked them. They are bean stalks as in the concept art of the fantasy theme! Shame.

Generic Planet Coaster
5hv53uu.png

^
# "American Bunting" set,
# "Multicolour Bunting" set,
= Depends of the intension of course. Are they intended to be hanged over paths? Anyways, their behaviour says they are wall flags and should be relocated in Building > Decorations > Flags.
# Hanging Flag,
# Large Customisable Hanging Flag,
# Large Hanging American Flag,
= These are all wall hanged flags and belongs to Building > Decorations > Flags.
# Life ring = This is a wall hanged decoration. Belongs to Building > Decorations > Misc.
# Projector = This one is in a grayzone. It fits here in Misc, but it do lit from the lence and fits aswell in Scenery > Props > Lights.
# Ice Cream Cone,
# Ice Cream Sauce,
# ice Cream Scoop,
= As also been said in PART 1 - Shop Signs, this is a misplaced advertising statue. It belongs to Scenery > Props > Signs and Advertising.
# Champagne,
# Trophy,
= No these two objects would fit the definition of centrepieces. In the official scenarios you can even see the champagne bottle being the decoration piece of a fountain. So I think this two fit right in there in Scenery > Props > Statues and Centrepieces.

Pirate
Vv6Lg3d.png

^
- The yellow tagged planks are discussed in chapter 1.13. They should be moved to Building > Walls > Wall Decorations.
# Pirate Ship Wheel = This could follow along the vehicle category. But if not, this wall decoration really belongs to Building > Decorations > Misc.

Fairy-tale
FDrGzYI.png

UnIEEOn.png

^
On picture one:
- Here are several wall decorations. There is a set of chains, with a chain attachment and a set of ropes. All wall decorations belonging to Building > Decorations > Misc.
However, because there is a lot of this type of chains, ropes and wires (in the sci-fi theme) I would recommend giving them their own subcategory Building > Decorations > Chains, Ropes and Wires.
- Then there is two misplaced archways here:
# Fairytale Palace Archway,
# Fairytale Tree Archway,
= Belongs to Scenery > Props > Archways.

On the second picture we see all fairytale plants. Most of them are wall hanged. Those standing are mentioned aswell in chapter 1.9 in question of the potted plant that is categorised as a Centrepiece instead of being here. But about the hanged potted plants. I have a really hard time finding these while building rustic village houses and want to decorate the windows with them. So, the six #"Windowbox" = belongs to Buildings > Decorations > Misc.

Western
UO5qLvc.png

QrdDOR5.png

^
Sorry, hard to see the wall objects to the left behind all tags on picture 1. Anyways:
# Bison Skull,
# Rope Coil,
= Belongs to Building > Decorations > Misc.
- Then we have #Western Statue - Revolver. The name indicates it should belong to Scenery > Props > Statues and Centrepieces. However, this is oriented to be wall attached. So it should belong to Building > Decorations > Misc.
- There are two standing billboards that mush better fits in the sign and advertising subcategory. These are:
# Notice Board,
# Poster Board,
= Belongs to Scenery > Props > Signs and Advertising.
- On the right side of the image we have a set of Iron Girders. If these belongs to the train, then they should stay. Or follow along in the recommended subcategory for Vehicles. If not, they are building parts and should fit in Building > Walls > Decorations. Or even Framework?
# Water basin = This is a fountain part and belongs to Scenery > Props > Statues and Centrepieces.
- There are aswell two big Rope Spools (in picture 2) which I wonder if they are intended for building fontains by placing upon the water basin as it primarily use? This is what I'm going to do anyways. If this is the case, they should follow along the water basin.
- Then there is these wheels (Back in picture 1). I accept this wall attached ones in this category for being attached primarily on vehicles. However, it is a divider in the question about the two animated ones. It is good to group the family together, but these two would also fit in the animatronic subcategory. Same issue with the #Steam Shovel (Animated) with its #Steam Shovel Base (Not animated) that are grouped together here ( in picture 2). This steam shovel would both fit the animatronic subcategory and my recommended additional one for vehicles.

Sci-fi
Kn1Zrdq.png

^
- Here we have the ventilation pipes discussed in chapter 1.11. They belongs to Building > Decorations > Misc.
Also the metal walkways mentioned in chapter 1.3.
# Metal Walkway 2m Square, #Metal Walkway 4m by 2m and #Metal Walkway Railings 4m. = That these three are not categorised as their western themed siblings just proves that this kind of assets needs its own category in the Building browser for platforms, railings and stairs. [uhh]
- On the far left we have a set of decorative wires #Electrical Cables (1 to 5) that belongs to Building > Decorations > Misc.
As mentioned under the fairy-tale image, this kind of cables, wires, ropes and chains should have their own subcategory; Building > Decorations > Chains, Ropes and Wires.
# Starfield Panel 1,
# Starfield Panel 2,
= As the development of assets are heading with wallpapers from the spooky theme, this two aswell should be categorised to Building > Walls > Wall decorations. And assemble all wallpapers in one place.
# Radioactive Tank = This is in fact the missing sci-fi fountain that belongs to Scenery > Props > Statues and Centrepieces.
# Sci-fi Defence Tower,
# Sci-fi Defence Tower Base,
= This should be categorised as building parts. Out here, no one will find them. It is understandable that they stays by them self though. I have earlier recommended a tower category in Buildings > Walls > Towers were these might fit in. Otherwise in the Building > Decorations > Misc.

Festive
fYuPQQO.png

^
- Last, it is a shame these two are not categorised as centrepieces. Nothing is more centrepiecy than a Christmas tree!
# Christmas Tree Large,
# Christmas Tree Small,
= Belongs to Scenery > Props > Statues and Centrepieces.

4. Summary of all recommended new categories

I did it! I checked trough all themed asset in this game. [big grin][wacky][cry]

Now, a lot of misplacement had no good solution in moving an object from one existing category to the other. If you followed trough my discussions in this report I believe you'll agree with me. New categories are needed. I have mentioned a lot of recommended new categories to solve the sorting system in the existing UI browser. Here, I will summary them for your best overview.

q92vJ3E.png

^
I made these icons in MS Paint. [rolleyes]
- Existing categories in black.
- All new categories in blue.
The category for fences are already confirmed for the 1.4 Update. [up]

NOTE: I update this report to be up-to-date with the latest version of the game.
What have been fixed is stroked over and given a small blue note *Fixed 1.4*

----------------------------------------------
Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
Thanks Gysan for your good and hard work ! Could you be heard by the Devs !!!!!!!! [up][up][up][up][yesnod]

Hi Gysan. Thanks for doing this. A bunch of this stuff has been bugging me too. I recently made a couple images regarding recolorability and was going to post them to the forum but never got around to it. So, I might as well contribute them here in case they help get this started...

Items that should be recolorable but are not. (Many of these items were early items in the game - so maybe that's why recoloring was never added)...
rWWomzU.png

And these are items that have broken recolorability. (Recoloring options are present but don't do anything or only partially work)...
3H2aewS.png

(Note the small snowman's nose in the image.)

Last edited:
Great contribution! Thank you jpennin1! [heart]
I added a 12th tag for "No-color-options at all" and started with the one you listed.

gecaum and KickAir8p; Thanks for your support! [happy]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll work all day today uploading more data to this report.

Last edited:
Thanks for making this! I've noticed some of this misplaced content myself, but just kinda learned to work around it.

I'm sure I'll have more contributions when I'm actually playing the game and see what's there. But off the top of my head, I think the red floral bush and the Planet Coaster sphere centerpiece (sorry, can't think of the actual name) should be recolorable. I also think that the spooky and racing scenery should not be considered part of the generic theme.

Last edited:
Thank you JC_17 and Asteroidcrusher! [happy]

I'm still working on this. Yesterday I made the researching on roofs, tagged all themed objects with no colour options and added the first parts of chapter 1 in this report.
Today I continue to adding parts to chapter 1 and I started to produce pictures of all browser list for the building and scenery categories. It just take so much time. I just want to present this in the best way as possible, so it will be worth the work and time.

Last edited:
I have been working very hard on this today. Finally all images are prepared for me to just keep writing. [happy]
I finished chapter 2.1 today. And added some more groups to the chapter 1. [up]

Had to take a break for today's livestream though. [wink]

Edit: I worked hard this evening after the live-stream and succeeded to finnish chapter 2. the Building Browser. [big grin]

Last edited:
It took me a week but...

Now this report is complete!!

[heart] --- [wacky] --- [yesnod] --- [big grin]

Bo, please please send this to the developers. I have worked really hard and passionate with this. [yesnod]

Last edited:
Fantastic work! You have done what I wanted to do. [heart]

Hopefully this will be a nice reference for the developers to look into. [yesnod]

It took me a week but...

Now this report is complete!!

[heart] --- [wacky] --- [yesnod] --- [big grin]

Bo, please please send this to the developers. I have worked really hard and passionate with this. [yesnod]
Excellent work, the dev's attention is well deserved!

Thank you very much for your listing. I agree with you in all statements. Only in 2.5.3 I think that it would fine to have all the missing ride signs or a tool to create signs. Frontier has created so many, many awesome items and I love them for that but the had still not completed the ride signs. I have written so many, many comments about that fact, but up to this day the missing signs were not part of an update. Since I'm playing planet (now more than 500hours!) I'm waiting for the release in each update. I really, really love this game (for me it is the best game I have ever played) and I also appreciate the awesome creations and ideas of the devs of frontier and also I think the listen to the community, but this issue, sorry to say that, they are ignoring. So may be your great work will help to get their Attention.

Thank you very much for your listing. I agree with you in all statements. Only in 2.5.3 I think that it would fine to have all the missing ride signs or a tool to create signs. Frontier has created so many, many awesome items and I love them for that but the had still not completed the ride signs. I have written so many, many comments about that fact, but up to this day the missing signs were not part of an update. Since I'm playing planet (now more than 500hours!) I'm waiting for the release in each update. I really, really love this game (for me it is the best game I have ever played) and I also appreciate the awesome creations and ideas of the devs of frontier and also I think the listen to the community, but this issue, sorry to say that, they are ignoring. So may be your great work will help to get their Attention.
Thank you for that note Michael77! I fully agree with you about the lack of ride signs. I did comment on it in the text however I missed to give it its own "-" mark. Fully understandable it easy got mixed up with other comments without it.
So I added it in now and updated the text a bit as well. [up]

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you all for the support! [heart]

I will take a break over the weekend now until the next report. This was the heaviest one, so I hope the next one will be lighter and done in only 1-2 days. A lot of preparation work for PART 3 will be useful for the next parts aswell.

Some of the issues on my list is about (Not in any given order):
- Roof set issues.
- Color options. Errors, lack of it and non existing of it.
- Reference point issues and xyz-orientation.
- Misguiding Thumbnails.
- Naming and order of words for alphabetical browser sorting.
- Filter tags missing.

So this series will end up with a minimum of 9 parts or more.

Last edited:
Hey! Update time!

Of course, it is fully understandable none of this report got into the 1.4 update due to the late post.
However, some independent improvement have been done to the Spooky DLC, were several misplaced content have been relocated to their rightfully place. Fully agreeable with this reports recommendations. Every improvement makes me happy! [happy][up]

I have added this into the report by stroke onto the text and noted a *Fixed 1.4* after every listed point that is fixed after the 1.4 update.

Please keep supporting this reports! [happy]

Last edited:
if your expecting everything to be your way you will be waiting a long time.
I'm too post-turkey to remember what fallacy that is. [rolleyes] But is has something to do with the assertion that if you can't get it 100% totally perfect then there's no point in getting maybe 80% or 90% done. Which is sometimes true -- 80% of a jump between roofs and you'll splat! But it clearly doesn't apply here.

Indeed. I don't see what you coming with that comment heatherg23.
Shall I assume you are against the recommendations in this report?

Last edited:
Great work! I'm sure Frontier will take a look and consider what can be done.

Thank you! I have linked the 3 reports so far to the bug forums QA-Mark who have given feedback on that he is looking into them and start logging this issues. [happy][up]

Last edited:
Top Bottom