Another beautiful, wonderful, totally enjoyable and absolutely spectacular day with no hint of stress or frustration whilst playing Elite: Dangerous..

Why they haven't implemented out-fitting templates is beyond me (outfit ship for a specific role, save template, load/switch outfitting template).

Why they haven't implemented out-fitting templates is beyond me (outfit ship for a specific role, save template, load/switch outfitting template).
Probably due to the issues that could easily arise from parts not being available, not at the current location, being on other ships, etc.

I accomplish this exact effect by just keeping those parts on a ship for specific roles.

Probably due to the issues that could easily arise from parts not being available, not at the current location, being on other ships, etc.

I accomplish this exact effect by just keeping those parts on a ship for specific roles.
Not a particularly difficult thing to resolve I wouldn't have thought - a list of modules, with missing modules highlighted in red with two buttons providing the options of transferring in (if stored at another station) or purchasing an equivalent (if available). Yeah, you can achieve the same thing with multiple ships, but having a pre-saved load-out with missing items highlighted would prevent issues like the OP's, as well as being a general convenience. Practically speaking, I don't see it as being a particularly difficult problem to solve. Fewer cosmetics sold under that model though. ;)

Fewer cosmetics sold under that model though. ;)
How does that track?

As for "missing modules" you would need to be able to handle instances of it removing these modules from other ships they could be equipped on, and for Core parts, it could cause issues - you can't just swap them out, because you could be taking a C4 Power Plant to replace a C5, from a ship that can't equip a C5. You can't just buy an equivalent part for ships you're taking from, because that would assume every station has a part to replace them, too, which is not always the case.

Even for just template-equipping modules, what would the default behavior for what's being removed be? Sold? Stored? Would it be bound to a specific module, or any module of that type, class, and rating? There's a ton of factors that would need to be involved in even the simplest interpretation.

Just on the surface, the background would involve one-shot equipping a lot of parts all at once and a new interface to manage the templates.

During the beta I took out my Python miner to a body in my home system that has a couple of VO hotspots, only 40KLs away (I think), got there then remembered I'd taken the DSS out to put in my Phantom...
I jumped out, then back to base, refit, then SC back to the body - a half hour 'expedition' to check prices ended up over an hour :)

During the beta I took out my Python miner to a body in my home system that has a couple of VO hotspots, only 40KLs away (I think), got there then remembered I'd taken the DSS out to put in my Phantom...
I jumped out, then back to base, refit, then SC back to the body - a half hour 'expedition' to check prices ended up over an hour :)
Can't you check prices without them in your cargo anyway?

Top Bottom