(Another) ED Mystery: Station Antenna Hidden Transmissions - Children of Raxxla are asking for help

Calling all scientists and mystery seekers!

The Children of Raxxla would like to bring another mystery to the attention of the general public. To solve it, we might need the support of as many CMDRs as possible: the Station Antenna Hidden Transmissions.

By analysing the audio recorded close to any orbital station antenna, you see spectrograms like this one:

AUQJZMn.png

What have the Children of Raxxla found out so far?
- you can get these recordings in large stations as well as outposts
- recording outpost audio is easier, because you don't have to land
- approx. 9 letters are sent per minute (one every 6.7 secs)
- so far, we have put together the following draft alphabet (pdf) . This covers all symbols found, but it's next to impossible to identify the differences between I/L/J/T or E/F
- the cipher stream does not have any obvious breaks, nor repeats (within 60 mins max recording time so far)
- a transcoded cipher stream from Walz Dock in Bunda (random pick) seems to have a random letter distribution
- optimized spectrogram settings:
ctVw4CY.png

Where we are asking for help:
- we need better spectrograms to identify all letters clearly
- we need more recordings / transcodings to find repeats and non random data
- we need more recordings from different systems: some may contain actual non random data

We couldn't find any previous work on this mystery, so we apologize in advance to anyone who can claim earlier findings. Please share them!

signed
The Children of Raxxla
February 3303
QkGlT7U.jpg

Last edited:
I saw this being investigated on the Canonn thread many months ago, and in their discord. It was during a lull between the UA frenzy and the UP frenzy I think. May be worth scanning some older posts, see what that pass unearthed.

This whole messages in audio crap that requires outside software to solve needs to GO! Assuming you actually found something with this other than nonsense gibberish.

Fdev needs to stop making content like this. I don't care what silly secrets it reveals. Players should not be forced to use a separate program than the game to solve anything. And don't start with that "optional" crap. My point is that they should care enough to convey whatever info they are trying to inside the actual game. I'm sure they could come up with a minigame to compile the data together if they cared to. But I guess if this keeps the Ubernerds occupied and happy.

It's created this weird fractured community that sort of just grows off the side of ED separately. There is this awesome game. And then there is this weird disjointed real world analysis group working harder than the Brit intelligence in WW2. Now to be fair running audio through a program is not that hard. But all this detective nonsense is several steps above what should be involved for a video game.

I would like to get in on the whole finding secrets thing. But I can't be ****ed to go outside the game and install who knows what programs and time outside the game to achieve these goals.

This whole messages in audio crap that requires outside software to solve needs to GO! Assuming you actually found something with this other than nonsense gibberish.

Fdev needs to stop making content like this. I don't care what silly secrets it reveals. Players should not be forced to use a separate program than the game to solve anything. And don't start with that "optional" crap. My point is that they should care enough to convey whatever info they are trying to inside the actual game. I'm sure they could come up with a minigame to compile the data together if they cared to. But I guess if this keeps the Ubernerds occupied and happy.

It's created this weird fractured community that sort of just grows off the side of ED separately. There is this awesome game. And then there is this weird disjointed real world analysis group working harder than the Brit intelligence in WW2. Now to be fair running audio through a program is not that hard. But all this detective nonsense is several steps above what should be involved for a video game.

I would like to get in on the whole finding secrets thing. But I can't be ****ed to go outside the game and install who knows what programs and time outside the game to achieve these goals.

Wow lol the OP only asked for help not a lecture. Another thread maybe?? Although you are right

Could not agree more.

I'm no longer sure FDev know how to make actual game play. I mean no insult, but...The SRV was the last thing they did that was actually interactive, and even that isn't especially fun or engaging. And they basically had to be told how to making mining even tolerable.

So yeah...Their delivery of fun, engaging game at has become something I would like to see but very much doubt I ever will.

By analysing the audio recorded close to any orbital station antenna...

Can you be more specific about what you mean by antenna? perhaps include a screenshot to illustrate.

And i assume they're not just spelling out the local station? So you're not yet certain if they are either random (nonsense) or a cypher?

Last edited:
Wow.. I started doing this exact same thing middle of last year. There was a long discussion in the megathread, I came to a similar conclusion about the symbols, but neither me, nor Canonn who was working with me in Discord, could find anything useful or able to confirm anything. I don't have any of the work I did now (I think it got deleted when I eventually gave up), but I did find there were repeated patterns in the audio stream which correlated to symbols.

Good luck with it, if you find anything, I'll be interested to find out!

Panticus

Banned
It's just FD being lazy.

They can't think of a story - so throw out some meaningless micro-memes for obsessives to find meaning in.

Top Bottom