Ships Anti-grief boat advice

I do all my griefing in a Sidewinder. Well, at least that's what I did on PS4. I haven't unlocked enough engineers on PC to make it viable yet.

So, bottom line: What are the most annoying weapons/tactics I can use. No power or weight to play with, so all weapons have to be lightweight G5. Here's the base build. I could lose the fsd booster for something else, but I don't want the boost going below 850.

Fill yer boots, people.

Cheers.

Think i already posted in a similar thread. Why bother?
The only thing you can do is chain interdict - which when done too much and vs the same player can count as harassment

Also, if the interdicted one is not a noob, he can still kill your speedboat. And more often than not, they fly in wings.
4 LR rails can do 150 dmg per second. How many seconds your shields will last? 5?

I often revert to Griefing the Griefers, and like you OP i use an iCourier with 1x Long Range Rial underneath slot and 2 Mine launchers on the pods with Cascade thingy and i think ION disruptor on t'other. I just use speed as the main defence. They won't interdict you as they know they would never catch an iCourier, but with an Engineered FSDI for extra angle interdictions, you pull them, turn towards them, drop all the mines you can speed on by and turn and snipe them with the LR Rail 'IF' they stay around long enough. if they don't just go back and repeat and repeat. They gets Very Annoyed indeed and will call you all the names under the sun and all the suns in the bubble.

Great Fun it is! ;)

A medium with projectile weapons trying to kill my armored up iEagle can be a 15+ minute venture.

Against beams it took about two minutes for it be to be disabled on one occasion lol.

Plasmas and frags are pretty common gank weapons though, so you might be alright.

I'll second CeeKay's idea... I like mines for the idea of harrassment.
With 3 class 2's, you'll have a fair supply.
I think 1 of them with the drive disruption (a drive reboot will coast them into any other mines in their path), 1 or 2 with the reverb cascade to do damage to their shield generator... might be you actually take it out and score a kill... but either way, any hit will cost them some credits.
..maybe 1 with the FSD reboot.. depends if you might be w/others and/or want that time to continue with the dive bombing.

idk... just for fun... seems like you could lay down a fair amount of havoc in an area.
:) Cheers.. and all the best on your flights.. o7

What engineering do you recommend?
For a Sidewinder? Me personally, I like building a cool-running, fast-moving (advanced thrusters) hull tank. Weapons vary depending on what I'm doing. If I'm trying to scare noobs, then fixed cannons with force shell work nice. If I'm actually trying to do some modest PvP, then focused burst with scrambled spectrum and emissive is a favorite, or the true and trusted seeker missile with drag munitions and thermal whatever-it's-called.

I still need to unlock Selene, which means I guess I gotta go do some mining... Someday I also got to unlock that Fujin Tea monster so I can have my G5 lasers.

Still keeping it at over 800 m/s. Maybe annoying.

If you want, you can do this to drop its heat signature to around 14 degrees so it does not show up in radar before you attack. So you can boost out. Wait a bit and sneak back and then use those torpedos & packhound to create a brief scare moment. Then boost out again or continue and try to finish the kill if the shields drop. The silent build could work also with mines nicely perhaps.

It drops your speed also a bit. If you want you can optimize it a bit to get some of that speed back. EDIT. Ok. this is a bit optimized:
You lose your life support when you pull out your weapons, but I upgraded the LS to 25 mins lightweight so it does not matter and it gives a bit of ambient atmosphere to the attack.

Last edited:
You know, all this effort being put into a meep ship could also be applied to a serious Vulture build. You could take that route instead, and maybe even cause some real trouble.

There’s expert PvPers out there who gank, yes. But you don’t have to be an expert PvPer to gank, see? You’d be surprised how many gankin’ types are total garbage once faced with real opposition. Hell, you might even beat ‘em.

This whole thing is pretty much how I got my start in PvP. If you’re willing to go this far, you’re closer to becoming a competent combat pilot than you might think.

You know, all this effort being put into a meep ship could also be applied to a serious Vulture build. You could take that route instead, and maybe even cause some real trouble.

There’s expert PvPers out there who gank, yes. But you don’t have to be an expert PvPer to gank, see? You’d be surprised how many gankin’ types are total garbage once faced with real opposition. Hell, you might even beat ‘em.

This whole thing is pretty much how I got my start in PvP. If you’re willing to go this far, you’re closer to becoming a competent combat pilot than you might think.
Agree with this. Though I'm not the OP, personally I also enjoy thinking about "fun" builds and how to make them as effective as possible.

Still keeping it at over 800 m/s. Maybe annoying.

If you want, you can do this to drop its heat signature to around 14 degrees so it does not show up in radar before you attack. So you can boost out. Wait a bit and sneak back and then use those torpedos & packhound to create a brief scare moment. Then boost out again or continue and try to finish the kill if the shields drop. The silent build could work also with mines nicely perhaps.

It drops your speed also a bit. If you want you can optimize it a bit to get some of that speed back. EDIT. Ok. this is a bit optimized:
You lose your life support when you pull out your weapons, but I upgraded the LS to 25 mins lightweight so it does not matter and it gives a bit of ambient atmosphere to the attack.
How do you see which temperature you run at? I think I got an understanding about power and distributor, but I've yet to get a good understanding for heat, the importance and how to minimise it. Any good resource around?

It does sound very atmospheric to sneak up with life support of to the sound of your breath...

Someday I'm building a pirate Type-7, I swear! Once I get enough credits and engineering to make it how I want it. And I WILL get cargo this way, if by shear audacity alone.

I won't, however, be interdicting Vultures in this ship :p

Someday I'm building a pirate Type-7, I swear! Once I get enough credits and engineering to make it how I want it. And I WILL get cargo this way, if by shear audacity alone.

I won't, however, be interdicting Vultures in this ship :p

The T7 is totally a viable pirate ship, in all honesty. It lacks firepower, but it has plenty of cargo space, and is reasonably quick. Spam hatchbreakers, collect, and bail out lol.

The T7 is totally a viable pirate ship, in all honesty. It lacks firepower, but it has plenty of cargo space, and is reasonably quick. Spam hatchbreakers, collect, and bail out lol.
Could you, theoretically speaking, engage someone with your collector limpets out, chase them around with your hatch open and spam hatch breakers without trying to disable the target, and get a decent haul? Call it the pasivist pirate.

I’ve hassled people with an ultra fast unarmed T6 and hatchbreakers before and snagged a fair amount. I don’t bother with comms much (totally charmed a couple tons out of people in my sidey before, though.)

Even then, you can only be so successful with PVP piracy. Many people either wake before you can do much, or if you disable them, combat log, unfortunately. Piracy in Elite is a rich man’s game, more for sport than anything else, I think.

NPCs might actually pay these days, though. Carrying all those opals and diamonds around.

Top Bottom