Anti Xeno Combat Initiative and Ship Outfit Suggestions for All

What's your ship?

Personally I think the best build as a couple of Guardian Gauss cannons backed up by AX multicannon turrets. A decontamination limpet controller is great, and I find bi-weaves are great as you don't have to wait for your shields to recharge between fights.

I thought about using only turreted ax mcs but I dont know which ship is best for it regarding hardpoint placement, hull and speed. Money is abdundant.

I use an FDL, but I see most people taking out Kraits, thanks to the fighter hanger and large number of size 2 and 3 hardpoints. Additionally the Cutter is supposed to be good and I'm gonna outfit mine when I get the chance. To be honest most people seem to just use their favorite combat ship as scouts aren't that difficult by themselves.

For engineering, don't worry about resistances, just boost raw values.

I'm currently in Gertrud, killing scouts mostly.

Anyone about nearby with an AX ship? I'm pretty crap at AX fighting and I can't keep my SLF alive more than 1 minute and my un-armoured Anaconda isn't doing so well. Lol

Tempted to summon my FDL, but I can't hit anything with rails. Maybe I just need AX MC Turrets all over it ... Lol

^
Watched video - respect, crazy stuff!

Sorry if I missed if someone mentioned in the topic, but how good are guardian fighters in actually dealing some damage and not only as a swarm food?
I've managed to collect some materials to unlock one of them, so I was thinking about Lance for heart sniping... but if they are useless (even with high trained crew), I would go Trident just for fun.

As I've managed to finally solo Cyclops after few unsucessfull tries - I've joined Discord channel for some future Big Bug hunting in team.
I needed some time to figure out what to do and when, so I left the fight with like 78% hull and half shield in that fight.

Build I can recommend to anyone wanting to try solo Cyclops hunting:
Krait: https://s.orbis.zone/pkv

Last edited:
I'm currently in Gertrud, killing scouts mostly.

Anyone about nearby with an AX ship? I'm pretty crap at AX fighting and I can't keep my SLF alive more than 1 minute and my un-armoured Anaconda isn't doing so well. Lol

Tempted to summon my FDL, but I can't hit anything with rails. Maybe I just need AX MC Turrets all over it ... Lol

I'll be around tonight if you want some fun?

Oh no... I just unlocked the Remote Release Flechette Launcher and not the Flak Launcher, which is recommended in most builds... Is the flechette launcher similar useful against Thargoids or should I unlock the Flak Launcher as well and use that one?

Ok, thanks. Just grinded without reason for the flechette launcher. Next time I'll read the weapon names more carefully ;)

Ok, thanks. Just grinded without reason for the flechette launcher. Next time I'll read the weapon names more carefully ;)

Same mistake happened to me.

Now I fly my AX fitted Chieftain "Sassy Susi". I am still looking for a single cyclops instance to prove it's worth. But it can handle scouts easily.

My AXi Chief

Lately Ive been thinking of a build that could fight both scouts and interceptors at the same time. On a few occations I've jumped into a threat 6 to find scouts and a cyclops and had to run as I could'nt fight the swarm and was unable to effectivily hit the hearts. Currently i have a conda for scouts and a vette for interceptors. The conda has 4 large AX turreted multi's and 2 medium and small shock cannons. Im thinking of dripping a turret for a guass cannon and swap the med shock cannons for flak but what anout the smalls? Anybody have a ship that can do both and how do you have it setup?

Lately Ive been thinking of a build that could fight both scouts and interceptors at the same time. On a few occations I've jumped into a threat 6 to find scouts and a cyclops and had to run as I could'nt fight the swarm and was unable to effectivily hit the hearts. Currently i have a conda for scouts and a vette for interceptors. The conda has 4 large AX turreted multi's and 2 medium and small shock cannons. Im thinking of dripping a turret for a guass cannon and swap the med shock cannons for flak but what anout the smalls? Anybody have a ship that can do both and how do you have it setup?

My AXi Chief (see post above yours) was designed with versatility in mind. It can deal with scouts up to threat 5 pretty well on it's own. I still have to test it against the Interceptor. I haven't found any instance below Threat 8 with cyclops yet in Brib.

I doubt I will manage to take down an Interceptor on my own with this, but I think in a dedicated wing of two this Chief should be of good value.

I can recommand a mix of gauss and shard cannons. For a mix of sniping and close range combat. Also the shard cannons are useful against human targets too.

If you exchange the Medium Flak with a Medium Rail gun you even have a halfway decent pvp ship that can deal with the Far God's Cult if necessary.

Last edited:

Well, there is a solution but it requires you be good with fixed weapons and preferably FA off flying as well. Turreted weapons are perfect for scouts but they are no good against interceptors. For interceptors you need high DPS and that's fixed weapons. Quad fixed Gauss will melt scouts and take down interceptors very well. The challenge with the scouts will be hitting them with the fixed gauss. It may seem impossible at first but it will dramatically increase your pilot skills.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info folks. I did have a cheiftain for scouts originally but was having to return for repairs after every second battle so went for a heavier ship. The reason for the AX turrets is to rip through the scouts quicker and move on, however we've all jumped into that NHSS with an interceptor plus scouts. Im fairly good at fighting a cyclops and been trying my hand with basilisks (no joy yet) but this is with fixed gauss on a vette. I've equiped a gauss cannon on my conda and added flak just in case so I'll continue patrolling Ngaiawang and see how i get on.

I have two Gausses and two AX large turrets, also one flak on my Krait. I can take on scouts and Cyclops with ease, but tougher interceptors are out of my reach.

Does anyone have a strategy for detecting and countering the shut down pulse using the neutraliser at close range? In the noise of battle I almost always miss the COVAS warning that the pulse is coming.
I have to get in close to the bug because I use Guardian shard cannons. The "space shotgun."
Having said that I don't see the shut down as such a big deal. I seldom come out of it much worse than I went in.
But I would like to keep fighting through the shutdown pulse so any advice would be welcome.

Top Bottom