Anti Xeno Combat Initiative and Ship Outfit Suggestions for All

I like the original idea of supporting those Cmdrs who may not be so experienced either with Combat or the Thargoid, having been in Clans for exactly that reason in other games. but looking through the posts there probably aren’t that many newer players around. I did notice in the latest CG that while at the station people really only want to know “how many kills” you have and “why don’t you have a bigger ship” etc.

I Found everyone on the discord to be eager to have any experience level and ship

Newsletter had this to show for outcome of CGs
Looks like the Combat CG unlocks the Large AX Mulitcannon

6yl78y0i3

w603_1188960_cg202.jpg

Ok, it's time to get into the fight. Two years of trading and killing NPC's.

I read the Ship builds, joined the Discord. And am watching all 17 of the Videos.

The short of it all is What ship should I use? I have an Annaconda and a Cutter. I have the ranking and credits for any ship and buildout (3 Billion). Have some engineers opened to level 5 for FSD and Power Plants.

So commanders if credits were not a problem what ship would you use?

CMDR STRATOS D!

MEGA WARS III EMPEROR. The first MMO from the 80"s On CompuServe.

Ok, it's time to get into the fight. Two years of trading and killing NPC's.

I read the Ship builds, joined the Discord. And am watching all 17 of the Videos.

The short of it all is What ship should I use? I have an Annaconda and a Cutter. I have the ranking and credits for any ship and buildout (3 Billion). Have some engineers opened to level 5 for FSD and Power Plants.

So commanders if credits were not a problem what ship would you use?

CMDR STRATOS D!

MEGA WARS III EMPEROR. The first MMO from the 80"s On CompuServe.

Depending on your playstyle and skill.

It sounds like you want to use large ships.

Are you willing to sacrifice maneuverability for tankiness and speed? Go with a Cutter.

Do you need good maneuverability to line up shots? Go with a Corvette.

Go down the middle? Conda.

Thanks. I knew it wasn't a simple answer. Since I am obsessive compulsive I think I'll build out all three of the big ships.

I am partial to the Cutter for it's speed. The only ship I haven't flown is the Corvette.

I have one friend I fly with but it seems the more the merrier.

I will still have 2 billion left over for insurance claims.

Been reading all the forums and watching your videos.

Now it's time for the one the job training.

Thank you for your contributions.

Do you accept donations to support the cause?It's the least I can do.

STRATOS D!

Interesting to see how the Large AX weapons will change ship choice/options

Last night had a wing with two Vultures, they will greatly benefit from the Class 3s, when combined with their ability to bring guns on target to bleed the hearts

Just to add some more cents of knowledge, here you have a video of me and my wingmates killing a Thargoid. Some things to keep in mind:

-This video was recorded during the first week of alien presence. So, no multicannons or advanced modules. Also the Thargoids were far less lethal than nowadays.
-Despite the voices are in Spanish (and I will NOT make subtitles for them) I can summarize our talk to "Oh, man, that did hurt", "Not the shutdown again!", "Those damned thargons are kicking me butt", "Heart exerted!", "Shield up, use beams", "going to rearm" and "moving back for repairs".

Specially when fighing the tharg in close range you will see how we kept doing "boom and zoom" maneuvers around it; on of us would hold its fire for a few seconds, then boost to its back and another one would distract the alien. That way we could very effectively reduce the ammount of damage to any single ship.

Also, back then there were not flak cannons. Our tactic was to organized coordinated retreats if needed to get away from the swarm, and we did that always towards the system star. Nowadays this tactic is no longer valid, as the swarms became very fast and stay close to the mother ship.

With that said, hope you learn something from our past battles that will help you in your future ones :)

[video=youtube;86P7ehVKuhk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86P7ehVKuhk[/video]

Is the hull / skill of Thargoids adjusted based on players combat rank and / or wing / no wing situation? Somehow engaging in a wing is as challenging as fighting alone. Probably just a "feeling" but maybe worth asking.

Is the hull / skill of Thargoids adjusted based on players combat rank and / or wing / no wing situation? Somehow engaging in a wing is as challenging as fighting alone. Probably just a "feeling" but maybe worth asking.

No, I don't think the hull or skill changes. However, there can be several things that can make wing fights harder. The first one is a good old instancing bug where direct hits to an exposed heart with the multicannons do zero damage. Always fun. The other changes seem to be that the Thargoid can re-deploy its shields later on in the fight as well as use the special attacks (Caustic missile, emp and deploy thargons) each time it brings shields back up. No idea if this is a bug report or intended but the response to my bug report was to post video of it happening. The final challenge when in wing combat is that the Thargoid hearts will be harder to hit if ship isn't flying at you like it does all the time in a solo fight.

I tried running two flak launchers with the option of both barrels athe same time very effective on the swarm
I really want to use the flak launchers, but I'm already running 2x AX missles, 2x AX MCs,and a class 4 PA with class 3 beam for taking out shields, so I have no more room for them on my Anaconda. It sucks that they don't come in class 1.

Hello and thanks for your cooperation yesterday! IMO the Thargoid is just the same but focus is the key - when you are alone it is easier to get a clear shot as Thargoid focuses on you alone. Which is obviously both a blessing and a curse. I managed to destroy three hearts in solo before I was left without missiles but yesterday I had a hard time doing anything...

Most of all it was this instancing issue. You get a clear line, Thargoid stops for a few seconds and you empty the clip on target. Doing nothing. Swearing, jumping out and in. Happened twice yesterday with most of the clip, which can deal huge damage to the heart if it is not simply discarded.

Anyway, good game yesterday.

Put up a video near the bottom of the OP just for the chuckles, I almost forgot about the video. We do have our share of silly fun in this Discord, for sure.

My mic wasn't recorded in the video, but man do I come up with silly ideas...

Just popped in to say a huge public "THANK YOU" to Gluttony Fang for organising this.

I've had 3 great evenings - even in spite of the occasional 'technical issues' - of hunting, learning & making loadza new friends.

...and looking forward to another 2 sessions :)

On ships/builds, have to give an 'up' to the much-maligned Beluga. Mine is shieldless & hull-tanked to just over 5K and has held its' own extremely well.

I only have 2 "why oh why's" about the whole thing-

1 is the number of Commanders at Cav who have no idea about the AXI discord.

2 is the odd 'Thargoids are my friends, so I'll kill anyone with AX load-outs' griefers - Seal-Clubbers, really.

I'm confident that *WHEN* the 'goids start tearing the bubble apart, I'll have 'enuff of the right stuff' to organise my PF to defend our territory.

Did somebody try to fly the fighter and get really close to shoot out the hearts? In a wing situation with one ships kitting the swarm, one ship focusing on hull with missiles and one ship sitting outside engagement zone with low heat signature and launching human-controlled fighters? AI doesn't seem to target modules, but a human pilot should be able to combine the speed / maneuverability of the fighter to shoot the damn hearts out. Any track record?

Here's a question for the group regarding Multicrew play.

I have a FDL setup with 2 AX cannons, 2 AX Missiles and the Flack Cannon. Now I know that a Multicrew gunner can't sub-target the hearts but if I have the ship set up so that the gunner has access to the AX missiles and EMP blocker and the pilot retains control of the AX cannons and Flack Cannon. Will that give the Mulitcrew a chance if they go after a Cyclopes?

Top Bottom