Anti Xeno Combat Initiative and Ship Outfit Suggestions for All

Here's a question for the group regarding Multicrew play.

I have a FDL setup with 2 AX cannons, 2 AX Missiles and the Flack Cannon. Now I know that a Multicrew gunner can't sub-target the hearts but if I have the ship set up so that the gunner has access to the AX missiles and EMP blocker and the pilot retains control of the AX cannons and Flack Cannon. Will that give the Mulitcrew a chance if they go after a Cyclopes?

To be perfectly honest, multicrew isn't worth it right now for Thargoid. Everything that's turreted are not really "controlled" by the multicrew member, but have preset aiming where you only click one button and it aims for you, then miss 90% of the time. If you stay close with you FDL, missiles probably won't miss, but then you're risking scramble lasers after the first heart.

Fighters are really the only reason why you would want to use multicrew.

Finally took out a Basilisk, glad to see so many promising pira--pilots emerging from this initiative!

Video
[FONT=&quot](Strong language)[/FONT] in OP at bottom.

Can you buy the C3 in Pleiades? Anybody tried the new load out with FGS? I would hope one C3 MC brings some advantage...

Great video on how to solo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0vfrCIfjhY

o7 to the cmdr

Isn't it.

Thanks to you bagofholding two xeno's died today against a solo python, one done with only class 2 weapons just because. Was psyched.
I wouldn't have stood a chance without seeing the rhythm you had to the fight and the neat trick with the afmu and double module protection.

And thanks Gluttony for the thread, discord and info. Even though I didn't wing up with many folk it got me engaged with the game again, much appreciated.

has anyone noticed anything different since the update today? there was no changelog, which always makes me suspicious that something got nerfed or changed and the devs don't want to talk about it.

Hi All,

Lokking to be able to Solo some Cycolop's so have created a fully Engineered Conda with 3K shilelds 7K Hull, AX figter etc.

Wanted to advice on weapons - currently have two large AX missiles, two large AX multicannons and two flak on the mediums (and two Cytoscramblers on the smalls just for giggles).

My Question - which is better?

2 x Missiles + 2 x Multicannons

1 x Missiles + 3 x Multicannons

4 x Multicannons

Or another combination?

If you only fight Cycolops I would try to go with 4x C3 MC. With a sustained burst you can take down enough health to expose the heart rather quickly and it takes less and less effort every round. Plus you have a fighter, which helps. MC have much better ballistics compared to missiles and you don't need to switch weapons as soon as the heart is out. Otherwise a 2 & 2 combination is a safe bet. Manage your fire groups, there is a good video on how to do it earlier in the thread. Good luck, cmdr.

BTW. Thanks to all cmdrs for this great thread. After C3 weapons arrived I refitted by FGS and was able to solo 4 cyclops in quick succession. 3x C2 AX missiles and 1x C3 AX MC combo works best to quickly expose the hearts and rip them out with canon fire. Always kill the swarm asap, use the fighter to distract the thargoid between hearts to repair modules, recharge shields. Usually don’t go below 80% hull during the encounter. Any ideas what we can do with the thargoid hearts?

Would second that this thread has been extremely useful in providing good information on how to combat the thargoid menace ;). I took down my first thargoid today - using an anaconda with 4 large AX MCs (and 2 flak launchers). I found having 2 AX fighters worked quite well - to distract the swarm - although they would only last 1-2 minutes before being destroyed (hence 2 fighters bays was useful). Would strongly recommend max engineering for shields/hull/armour.

Oh and it was a load of fun... ;)

Top Bottom