Anti Xeno Combat Initiative and Ship Outfit Suggestions for All

Our in-game Squadron has been established as: [AXIN], Anti Xeno Initiative, please enter our Discord server to learn how to become a part of our Squadron.

[We've established a partnership with Canonn Research Group's L69 Division to further advance the Anti-thargoid Effort]

>>>Canonn Research Group L69 Web Page<<<

>>>Discord Group Link<<<

Hello,

This is the Anti Xeno Initiative, home to learning how to combat the xeno threat and eliminating them.

Guidelines are simple:

1. You do not need the best ship in the world to engage the xeno threat, as long as you have a medium hardpoint on your ship, you can contribute and learn.

2. We aim to protect ourselves and also take the offense on eliminating the xeno, only join if you can identify with that.

3. This is meant to be a learning environment as well as a place to stage highly coordinated strikes.

4. Do not be an annoyance to others, member disputes are to be settled privately. Do not hesitate to contact me.

5. Have fun taking down the xeno.

Sincerely,

Cmdr Gluttony Fang

> Guide to combating Thargoids HERE <

The Things We've Seen...
[video=youtube_share;c3bTEFsFvco]
]Source: https://youtu.be/c3bTEFsFvco[/video]

20180206004058_1.jpg

20180114214032_1.jpg

[video=youtube_share;sR-E_ykdXdA]
]Source: https://youtu.be/sR-E_ykdXdA[/video]
Some fun footage:
[You get to see me sacrifice myself for the glory of the initiative... Chuckles in the background]
[video=youtube_share;8uU1-1h1_Lc]
]Source: https://youtu.be/8uU1-1h1_Lc[/video]

Some fun screenshots:
unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

(Strong language)
[video=youtube_share;VrICpfpX61s]
]Source: https://youtu.be/VrICpfpX61s[/video]

[video=youtube_share;IQ6FatPaT1s]
]Source: https://youtu.be/IQ6FatPaT1s[/video]

[video=youtube;hlDJ5bj0iFk]
]Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlDJ5bj0iFk[/video]

[video=youtube_share;9ept5J0LrB8]
]Source: https://youtu.be/9ept5J0LrB8[/video]
Strange wake after Basilisk Destruction (credit to Cmdr bagofholding):
[video=youtube_share;vIhkpaZ7NCw]
]Source: https://youtu.be/vIhkpaZ7NCw[/video]

Last edited:
Sounds good....
have two ships built now, the FAS and FGS but have the funds / rank to build others...
Normally on nightly 21:00 CET.

What about the dropship? Where do you reckon it'd fall in your hierarchy?

It all depends on player skill. I might be considered a skilled pilot but I know there are so many in Elite that haven't made themselves known to the community who can fly much better than me.

The Dropship falls into the Strike category, just like the FAS.

FAS is capable of soloing.

Wow, I would be very impressed, I would think eventually it will succumb to module damage due to bad shielding. For now I will keep it where it is since it sounds like a pretty difficult feat to accomplish.

Just got my hands on the Ax1 taipan (haven't tried it out though) so this might be as good a time as any to start fighting the goids, so I might join in.
I'm just a bit weary about fighting them atm, since they are not that hostile yet, but on the other hand, I wanna be prepared

Thank you for this post. In particular, the ship builds.

I've read your other thread/watched your videos and was hoping you might share your build advice.

I currently have an AX Gunship (with AX Taipans) on standby, but it needs to be engineered. I have the cash to build a second Cutter for pure AX purposes, and really wanted build advice on that. I'm not sure if I want to commit that much though. I have a little over a billion credits in cash, which could easily buy that Cutter... but may need to save the money for the upcoming Type 10 (I'm betting the Chieftain is far enough off that I can make the money back by then).

Currently outfitting an anti-thargroid FGS build in the bubble and running through the engineering cycle on key modules. Example of the target build (all ENG rolls maxed, for illustrative purposes, dumbfire and MC stand for the AX variants, two utility slots empty for the AX scanner and anti-neutralizer, flak cannon in the L module):

https://eddp.co/u/zFnv9ngt

Would appreciate some feedback before I move this to Pleiades with limited ability to exchange engineered modules. Target is to be able to solo a cyclops variant.

Thanks!

My FGS is quite similar - dropped the flak cannon as I found it just wasted time I could've been shooting the main ship - I still find the swarm on cyclops can be left wandering off by itself a lot of the time. I actually found I had to watch the fighter as he would bring them back into play if I wasn't carefull.
I have less armour as I like to carry a corrosive rack to pick up anything interesting - dropped a Thargoid probe I had found at one point to distract a cyclops from an escape pod I was rescuing :)
Knowing when to get out of Dodge is the best tactic to master- worst I've had is 28% hull before having to cut and run solo.
The AI has got better - but, my best solo attempt has still been in my Python the first week they appeared - I got one to 8% on last heart and ran out of ammo - so Python still seems very viable to me.
For groups taking on the Basilisks I would think a small ship could make a good dedicated "flak" boat to take out the Tharglets - least till\if we get a flak fighter.
I also have a heavily armoured Anaconda designed to ship passengers - fitted with ax fighters, flak , regular weapons and anti pulse - figure it might come in handy once stations start to get hit - with luck we might get a lot of refugees needing shipped out.

Last edited:
Currently outfitting an anti-thargroid FGS build in the bubble and running through the engineering cycle on key modules. Example of the target build (all ENG rolls maxed, for illustrative purposes, dumbfire and MC stand for the AX variants, two utility slots empty for the AX scanner and anti-neutralizer, flak cannon in the L module):

https://eddp.co/u/zFnv9ngt

Would appreciate some feedback before I move this to Pleiades with limited ability to exchange engineered modules. Target is to be able to solo a cyclops variant.

Thanks!

That's a very similar build to what I'm using. I haven't been killed by a cyclops yet in that ship, however I'm not good enough to take one solo at this point. Had to rearm twice last night in a wing.

Basilisk at Electra 6 - Hogan class ship - went totally berzerk on me - that's my first death to an AI since beta - scooped a pod out from his tractor beam and he went of his nut :D

My two pence:

1) I disagree with the "don't bother with the repair limpets". When you fight in a wing you will eventually get hull damage against the goid. Having the repair limpets permits you to disengage, repair and join back to the battle.
2) In my experience a wing of light and medium ships (cobra, DBscout, DBex, Viper, etc) can use speed, maneuverability and tactical coordination to take down a goid in a very effective way (and a very satisfying one, if you ask me).
3) The real key is to coordinate the attacks. Someone in the squadron must give orders on what weapon to use and what heart to target (ie: "Everyone, use missiles" -> "Heart exerted, change for multicannon, second heart"). As well it can be very useful to order the squadron to engage the swarm if needed (ie: "Someone, take down that swarm!").
4) In long engagements, an AFM may be very useful. That is specially true when you get hit by the yellow ray of death when you fly a light ship like a cobra. Half of your modules will get fried and very likely your power distributor will be heavily damaged. Once again: "Squadron, going back for repairs, hold him off".
5) If able, bring some common weaponry, especially if you have size 1 hardpoints. It will be very useful to destroy the alien shields.
6) The ECM module actually does affect the Thargon drones. It may save your life from a certain alien-missile-propelled death.
7) Regarding shields, the best combo I found for my Python is the 6c Biweave shield with Hardened modification + 1 shield booster with explosive enhanced resistance. The fast recharge rate allows me to not use any shield bank cells and focus on hull resistance, while the explosive resistances ensures that I can hold of a Thargon Swarm suiciding against my ship.

Here are my builds for xeno hunting:

1) The Radiance, a fast and sturdy Cobra MK3. In this case I have a ax missil and a ax multi to hit the Thargoid at any moment of the battle. The speed of 500mps ensures that I can disengage if needed.
2) The Star Dwealler, previously a pure scientific ship, now repurposed for the Thargoid threat. This python has been built to hold off the thargoid attacks for my squadron. It is very satisfying to be hit by the yellow ray of death... and simply shoot the goid back. The turreted multicannons help to hit the exerted hearts with ease.

My two pence:

1) I disagree with the "don't bother with the repair limpets". When you fight in a wing you will eventually get hull damage against the goid. Having the repair limpets permits you to disengage, repair and join back to the battle.
2) In my experience a wing of light and medium ships (cobra, DBscout, DBex, Viper, etc) can use speed, maneuverability and tactical coordination to take down a goid in a very effective way (and a very satisfying one, if you ask me).
3) The real key is to coordinate the attacks. Someone in the squadron must give orders on what weapon to use and what heart to target (ie: "Everyone, use missiles" -> "Heart exerted, change for multicannon, second heart"). As well it can be very useful to order the squadron to engage the swarm if needed (ie: "Someone, take down that swarm!").
4) In long engagements, an AFM may be very useful. That is specially true when you get hit by the yellow ray of death when you fly a light ship like a cobra. Half of your modules will get fried and very likely your power distributor will be heavily damaged. Once again: "Squadron, going back for repairs, hold him off".
5) If able, bring some common weaponry, especially if you have size 1 hardpoints. It will be very useful to destroy the alien shields.
6) The ECM module actually does affect the Thargon drones. It may save your life from a certain alien-missile-propelled death.
7) Regarding shields, the best combo I found for my Python is the 6c Biweave shield with Hardened modification + 1 shield booster with explosive enhanced resistance. The fast recharge rate allows me to not use any shield bank cells and focus on hull resistance, while the explosive resistances ensures that I can hold of a Thargon Swarm suiciding against my ship.

Here are my builds for xeno hunting:

1) The Radiance, a fast and sturdy Cobra MK3. In this case I have a ax missil and a ax multi to hit the Thargoid at any moment of the battle. The speed of 500mps ensures that I can disengage if needed.
2) The Star Dwealler, previously a pure scientific ship, now repurposed for the Thargoid threat. This python has been built to hold off the thargoid attacks for my squadron. It is very satisfying to be hit by the yellow ray of death... and simply shoot the goid back. The turreted multicannons help to hit the exerted hearts with ease.

Great contribution.

The reason why I don't put repair limpets on the ships with less speed and internals is that the need to disengage and rely on allies to distract the Interceptor, plus the need of a minimum of two internal slots for the repair limpet controller and a cargo rack.

It's ultimately personal taste, but I assume that the average pilot do not want to deal with several fire groups and having to worry about the more advanced tactics. The builds I offer are fundamentally foundations to be built on and customized to suit personal and situational needs.

AFMU is another luxury item which smaller ships do not have the space for, not to mention that high shield value ships can almost maintain their shields throughout the fight. The Federal line of ships might want to consider AFMU and module protection, besides the Corvette.

Ok. So went out with FGS build (see previous posts) and did some test runs solo against Thargoid Cyclops. Never died, so far so good, but my best run ended with only his second heart down to c. 30%. Main challenge is really hitting with AX MC. I think I have a good grip on managing the swarm, taking shields down and avoiding the worst of the lighting / disable field, but I struggle to efficiently hit the hearts. Is it the hardpoint placements? I have both MC in the front class 2 points of the FGS? What is the best distance? Somehow I think getting close doesn't help much as then only one MC hits. Micro-locking of fixed weapons really works only if the thargoid doesn't move, with every evasive action, even If I lead and shoot as per indicator, the % of hits seems to be low. Does it make sense to swap for turreted MCs? How can these be managed to only shoot at hearts and not at the hull? I know that probably my aim is not the best so grateful for any pointers on how to get better specifically with thargoids...

Last edited:
Top Bottom