Anti Xeno Combat Initiative and Ship Outfit Suggestions for All

Somwhere on you-tube there are some pilots using pack-hounds against the Thargon Swarm. I just tried it, and I think this is a myth. Seems not to work at all.

you are correct. The ONLY effective weapon against the swarm is the remote release flak launcher.

Ok, since I am on it, I'll ask away.

I am getting the hang on nuking swarms now, but, to me it seems the Cyclops will always spawn anohter swarm after I destroyed one. Do Cyclops really have unlimited swarm spawn?

If so, the strategy is clear to just decimate the swarm and not to try to destroy it entirely. But if the Cyclops had a limit on swarms per heart, that would be great to know.

Last edited:
Is there a website "war-room" with a prioritized system defense objectives?

I dipped my toe in last night killing scouts in a Crusader with a Guardian trident fighter and AX weapons. It was a ton of fun, killed a bunch of scouts - but I may be defending a system that the larger community wants to let fall.

Thanks!

I dipped my toe in last night killing scouts in a Crusader with a Guardian trident fighter and AX weapons. It was a ton of fun, killed a bunch of scouts - but I may be defending a system that the larger community wants to let fall.

Thanks!

Where were you?

I am getting the hang on nuking swarms now, but, to me it seems the Cyclops will always spawn anohter swarm after I destroyed one. Do Cyclops really have unlimited swarm spawn?

If so, the strategy is clear to just decimate the swarm and not to try to destroy it entirely. But if the Cyclops had a limit on swarms per heart, that would be great to know.

All the Interceptors essentially have One Swarm per heart...If (as you usually do with a Cyclops) you exert and destroy the first Heart BEFORE you deal with the first swarm...it will have ANOTHER Swarm "banked" so after exerting destroying the first Heart you will have One Swarm...then ANOTHER Swarm to deal with (but only one swarm per heart after)
Usually with the bigger Interceptors you'll deal with the First Swarm BEFORE you exert/destroy the First Heart so you don't notice that extra "banked" Swarm

For cyclops -normal behavior is one swarm at the start and one after killing each heart. It "banks" one swarm if you kill a heart without killing the swarm but only 1 swarm is banked so if you kill a heart at the start you have two swarms to fight (one after another), if you kill two or 3 hearts without killing the swarm you still have two swarms to fight.

enraged behavior- If you go 7 minutes without killing a heart, the interceptor becomes "enraged" enraged= infinite swarms. The only way to "cure the enraged state is kill a heart. If you do that it goes back to normal behavior.

The 3rd possibility is a "bugged goid" excuse the pun. This happens sometimes but not often. when it does you will get a goid that is in an enraged state prior to the 7 minutes passing without a heart kill and usually killing a heart doesn't fix it. With bugged goids or enraged ones its usually best to just jump out and try another one.

edit to add: kill all the swarm. A swarm that has been partially killed can and does refill to max strength.

Last edited:

Thanks!

https://canonn.science/lab-69-xia/

metrics and data
current targets

this will get you to the current targeted systems and give you a list of the recorded kills in that system (recorded kills using canonn's plug in)

This will likely change in 3.3 but right now- 3 systems are attacked each week. One system is what we call the "hydra system" because it is full of hydras and its very hard to find anything but threat 8 and 9. This system ALWAYS burns so defense is not currently possible but if you want to kill hydras, this is the place. the two other systems spawn scouts and interceptors with scouts depending on the threat level you choose. Threat 4 or less has no chance of an interceptor. As of the pas few weeks, only the system most defended of the two "scout systems" will survived unharmed. the other will burn. again, it seems Fdev is changing how this works in 3.3 but have given no details. They just said they will be defendable and the amount of kills required will vary system to system. Nothing on how thats calculated or if we will know that number or not.

https://canonn.science/lab-69-xia/

metrics and data
current targets

this will get you to the current targeted systems and give you a list of the recorded kills in that system (recorded kills using canonn's plug in)

This will likely change in 3.3 but right now- 3 systems are attacked each week. One system is what we call the "hydra system" because it is full of hydras and its very hard to find anything but threat 8 and 9. This system ALWAYS burns so defense is not currently possible but if you want to kill hydras, this is the place. the two other systems spawn scouts and interceptors with scouts depending on the threat level you choose. Threat 4 or less has no chance of an interceptor. As of the pas few weeks, only the system most defended of the two "scout systems" will survived unharmed. the other will burn. again, it seems Fdev is changing how this works in 3.3 but have given no details. They just said they will be defendable and the amount of kills required will vary system to system. Nothing on how thats calculated or if we will know that number or not.

Perfect. Thank you. :)

For cyclops -normal behavior is one swarm at the start and one after killing each heart. It "banks" one swarm if you kill a heart without killing the swarm but only 1 swarm is banked so if you kill a heart at the start you have two swarms to fight (one after another), if you kill two or 3 hearts without killing the swarm you still have two swarms to fight.

enraged behavior- If you go 7 minutes without killing a heart, the interceptor becomes "enraged" enraged= infinite swarms. The only way to "cure the enraged state is kill a heart. If you do that it goes back to normal behavior.

The 3rd possibility is a "bugged goid" excuse the pun. This happens sometimes but not often. when it does you will get a goid that is in an enraged state prior to the 7 minutes passing without a heart kill and usually killing a heart doesn't fix it. With bugged goids or enraged ones its usually best to just jump out and try another one.

edit to add: kill all the swarm. A swarm that has been partially killed can and does refill to max strength.

So I guess what happend to me is that I left the first swarm for later, then tried to finish the first and the second swarm, took too much time and got my cylops enraged. Thank you for clearing things up! [up]

Last edited:
Hi Cmdrs,
you can count me in. I will join the war when the patch is released and the thargoids get relly salty. until now i just outfitted one of my Anacondas for the new chapter...ok, i think i just found a corresponding paintjob that does fit with this obsoletely green slime they‘ll spit on me.
Pimped the shields to 4000+ the hull to 6000+ and got the guardian stuff....but i am still concerned about the bloody paintjob...

Maybe I am dumb? I can't seem to find any ship fittings on Cannon or Inara... Anyway how do these look?
https://s.orbis.zone/1501 - Corvette for the bigger guys
https://s.orbis.zone/1502 - FDL to learn how the game is played :) I already have both ships fully engineered just need the Guardian tech items...

You have to unlock them at a Guardian tech Broker.
Unlocking will require various items from Guardian sites.
I would recommend nipping in to Ray Gateway in Diaguandri and check out the tech broker there.

Many thanks to the help of Czertigre from the AXI for your advice and feedback on my approach to fighting Cyclops in my Krait Mk2 today, that finally led to my first Cyclops kill! o7
This is a very different kind of flying to anything I have ever done before, so I'm going to go and tweak my Krait Mk2 (sticking with it for the SLF) to try and get more out of it. I had been getting much too close in order to use the Shard Cannons (something I do against Scouts and I use frags a lot against human NPCs) so I'll try all-Gauss and either get the hang of the flak launcher or staying cold and letting the SLF draw fire. Some re-engineering required (already have the mats for it, I think, maybe even two spare high-cap heatsinks in storage), so I'll be back in the fray in a day or two. I also will try using relative mouse for both aiming and FA-off control. It's going to take some practice but, having got over the first hurdle, I can see more clearly how to improve. Thanks again!

I saw mention on the 1st page of a ship build list, but I see no link for it in the op, where is it?

Also, this is my AX ship, the Raza, that ok? I'll be swapping the scoop for an AFMU when I've a wing & CZ to go to.
Ah, just realised I don't have a flak launcher! Oh god I hate that poxy weapon, do I really need it? I plan to do winged CZs seeing as solo is impossible for any length of time.

[edit] Found this AXI build for the Python, isn't 4 gauss cannons going to cook it?? That's why I went with 3....

Last edited:
The link for the ship builds is on the OP. It is the Canon link. Click on that and it will take you to the Canon page. Then click on Science in the upper right of that page and choose the Lab69 XIA. Scroll down that page and you will see a ship build link in the center.

Right now I can't see the link for your Raza. But follow the pattern of the ship builds in the Canon link. It is always nice to have a flak launcher because it is the only effective weapon to deal with the swarm. I use 4 Gauss cannons on my Krait MkII. I put two in one fire group and two in another, because as you said firing off 4 at a time is going to cook your ship. It is the best weapon against the interceptors and I put four on for the increase ammo while only using 2 at a time. When I run out of ammo in that pair I just switch to the other pair.

Thanks for the reply :).

I don't know if you've got a browser issue, but the part of the sentence that says 'AX ship, the Raza' is itself linked.
Re the Canonn link, as I mentioned, I did look in the op, but no wonder I couldn't find it, it ought to be clearer........ actually, I just did as you said, & clicked 'load more' a few times & there are no ship builds listed there. Did you have a look yourself just before posting? I'm wondering if they've been removed, or I have a browser problem! ;) (using Mozilla).
Re Flak launcher, ok.
Good point about the Gauss's ammo [up], I was thinking the ammo limit looked on the low side!

Thanks for the reply :).

I don't know if you've got a browser issue, but the part of the sentence that says 'AX ship, the Raza' is itself linked.
Re the Canonn link, as I mentioned, I did look in the op, but no wonder I couldn't find it, it ought to be clearer........ actually, I just did as you said, & clicked 'load more' a few times & there are no ship builds listed there. Did you have a look yourself just before posting? I'm wondering if they've been removed, or I have a browser problem! ;) (using Mozilla).
Re Flak launcher, ok.
Good point about the Gauss's ammo [up], I was thinking the ammo limit looked on the low side!

It is a browser issue from my work that I cannot see build. Yes I did check the Canonn link in the OP and went right to the ship builds. But the ship builds on Canonn are not on the page the comes up after you click the link. In the upper right of that screen you will see the word science. You have to click on that and choose the Lab69 from the drop down menu. When you get to that page scroll down and you will see the words Ship Builds in the center of the screen. Click on that link and it will take you to the ship builds. You can see the base builds there but you cannot see the engineering. For that I would join the AXI discord were they have complete builds with engineering under some of the pinned items. Just remember in your builds for your ship or ships that Thargoid weapons ignore all resistances. So you just want to pack on all the armor and HRP's with heavy duty/deep plate. Also you may want to put a small cargo rack for limpets and get a decontamination limpet controller to remove the caustic contamination off, or you can cook it off by getting your ship up to 180 degrees heat. Also useful is if you have a Guardian MRP unlocked to help protect your modules. They use a little power but it is like having one grade higher MRP. Lots more information on the AXI discord.

Top Bottom