General Anti Xeno weapons need some adjustments for more variety in Anti Xeno combat

My english is not good enough to type this, but i want to give some suggestions about AX weapons after 1.5 and in some cases even 2-3 years since everything mentioned here existed.

AX Multicannons - Need 4 class AX multi for more variety.
If you don't want to introduce 4 class AX multi, then you can just introduce 3 or 4 class advanced multicannon which will be even better for AX combat variety.
At the moment there is no reason for this to not be in game. But so many reasons to be. Both from story and balance pespectives. Or is AEGIS dead this days? When are the funerales? Are we invited?
A wasted opportunity.

Remote Release Flak Launcher - they are fine, but the reason for them to be mentioned is ammo count (need about 15 to 30 more ammo per one flak, since synthesis is not a fun mechanic to use unlike your believes) and the fact that they are NOT AVAILABLE ON FLEET CARRIERS ANTI-XENO OUTFIT LOADOUT - like seriously?

Advanced Multi Cannons - it would be much smarter decision to change it's mechanic entirely, so the damage could be manually changed from normal to AX and back, from rearming menu (on station) instead of synthesis, which no one finds as fun as you think. Everyone hate sythesis. By forcing players to use it, you simply cut them of from using such weapon entirely. Which is exactly why no one use it.

Advanced Missile racks - it would be much smarter decision to change it's mechanic entirely, so the damage could be manually changed from normal to AX and back, from rearming menu (on station) instead of synthesis, which no one finds as fun as you think. Everyone hate sythesis. By forcing players to use it, you simply cut them of from using such weapon entirely. Which is exactly why no one use it.

Guardian Weapons:

Guardian Shard Cannons - They was balanced around Thargoid Interceptor Cyclope variant. They only work effectively against Thargoid Interceptor Cyclope variant and nothing else, which is a wasted opportunity. You can change it for better by lowering their jitter from 5 to 2.5 which is more than what you did with powerplay module Pacifier Frag Cannon (1.7) for obvious balance reasons. They also need to increase their Armor Piercing stat. No need in increasing it's damage, just make it more reliable to use. So far it was a wasted opportunity since day one.

Guardian Plasma Chargers - They was balanced around Thargoid Interceptor Cyclope variant. They only work effectively against Cyclopes and nothing else, which is a wasted opportunity. You can change it for better by increasing their Damage FALLOFF Start from 1000m to 1500m for it to be more reliable as a long range weapon, by increasing their Armor Piercing rating and by lowering it's distributor draw. No need in increasing it's gamage. Just make it more reliable to use. So far it's been a wasted opportunity since day one.

Guardian Gauss Cannons - Apparently they work as intended, no need to change it. It's just everything else is that bad.

Please, no need for FD bashing here, only constructive comments and thoughts from AX players are welcome.

Advanced Multicannon needs more module sizes and mounts. Would also be great if we could have a variant of point defenses that work against the swarm, even if they are less effective than a flack battery.

The 4 experimental weapon limit needs to go. It makes the large ships impractical, and renders a substantial amount of your DPS irrelevant since only experimentals do damage to AX ships.

I agree with your balance and QOL improvements for AX and Guardian weapons. As much as I would like some changes to happen based on recent changes we likely just get a lazy balance pass. Now I am only dreaming as Frontier don't seem interested in delivering things with the wow factors they used but I would like to see a new powerplay faction more interested in Thargoid defense. Some community goals driven by this faction with missions to hunt thargoids or "artifacts"(Some exploration style missions finally to aid in progress to wards the changes) and decent payouts for the effort put in would be nice and this could also be the avenue to drive new antixeno discoveries and engineering as a possibility.

In general I'd like to see the Risk/Reward model flipped as currently it seems the less risk/skill an activity has the more it pays. Fundamental design flaw there somewhere.

Last edited:
Engineering for AX weapons, especially in the way FDev does it, will completely ruin whatever is left of AX balance and trivialize AX combat to the level of NPC-hunting. Trust me, we need less engineering, not more.
Engineering for ammo capacity or armor pen could be how they make the weapons more viable, and make the synthesis less of a requirement for longer engagements.

I agree that AX combat should not become trivial. I don't want the fun ruined.

Also, increase AX vouchers at least 5 fold to 0ffset the risk involved.

Top Bottom