any body have any problems with landing on planets latly

I believe there's a PS4 issue currently that they have said they are investigating, but since you have supplied, let me see, zero actual information about your problem we don't know if that's what you are experiencing.

Define the problem. Do you have difficulty landing on planets, crashing your ship etc, or can you technically not access the feature in the game?

Define the problem. Do you have difficulty landing on planets, crashing your ship etc, or can you technically not access the feature in the game?
I trying to land on the planet cause i do trading runs and I enter orbit then it says dropping to close

I believe there's a PS4 issue currently that they have said they are investigating, but since you have supplied, let me see, zero actual information about your problem we don't know if that's what you are experiencing.
Define the problem. Do you have difficulty landing on planets, crashing your ship etc, or can you technically not access the feature in the game?it says entering orbita;
it say entering orbital cruise then it like stops me and says dropping to close and the km to the bottom it is like 450

it say entering orbital cruise then it like stops me and says dropping to close and the km to the bottom it is like 450

The PS4 issue was that you could not land at all. At an altitude of 80km you receive the message "Horizon required to land at planet"
This is not the case here.
"Dropping too close" happens when you are in supercruise passing a planet within the gravity field, it will throw you out of supercruise at once. Especially when you have the wrong target selected. Keep the ground target as the selected target, do not select ships for example.

Try to approach the planet gently until you hear "entering orbit". Or better, use the supercruise assistant to do that for you.
Then keep your artificial horizon indicator levelled at zero until you are maybe the same distance away from your target on the ground as you are at altitude above the surface, then slow down and point your nose downward until the angle indicator says 45 deg.
You will receive "enganging glide" and the controls become sluggish. Do not move them around too much now. That glide will stop at an altitude of about 10km.
Do not dive stepper than 60 deg (a field of red lines will appear in the HUD, this will be your last warning before you are thrown out of the glide). Try also not to be too shallow, at 10 degress or less the glide will also fail.
If you handle this right you can come within 3 km of your target when the glide ends, practically touching the buildings.
Pay attention to the gravity indicator of the HUD.

At 450 km I would point my nose upward again and get off the planet with supercruise, then approach again from space.

I expect that you have a planetary approach suite installed Without it you won't be able to land at all.

I would submit a support ticket, cause something might be up. I been driving around on planets earlier today with no issues. Is your system extremely populated with FC and whatnot? Could just be server lag (don't know how that would be it, just reaching for ideas).

Don't take this the wrong, (don't know if you're new or not), but is the planet you're trying to land on a planet you can actually land on? Also could it be a permit locked planet? I know of a few in the game, maybe you're trying to land on a permit locked planet and it's not letting you

no it is not a permit locked planet I will submit a support ticket i'm thinking the reason it happened is when I turned off my xbox and tried to land on it and it was saying orbital cruise and then it said dropping to close

I would submit a support ticket, cause something might be up. I been driving around on planets earlier today with no issues. Is your system extremely populated with FC and whatnot? Could just be server lag (don't know how that would be it, just reaching for ideas).

Don't take this the wrong, (don't know if you're new or not), but is the planet you're trying to land on a planet you can actually land on? Also could it be a permit locked planet? I know of a few in the game, maybe you're trying to land on a permit locked planet and it's not letting you
last comment

Hmm, before you submit a ticket have you tried landing with a different ship? If you don't have a different ship just buy a stock sidewinder and fly it to the closest planet you can land on and see if that ship will be able to enter orbit, cruise and whatnot. But ya if all else fails just submit a ticket and wait for a reply

ok i am using a type 9 for cargo hauling so i'll try my diamond back and if that doesn't work ill submit
Hmm, before you submit a ticket have you tried landing with a different ship? If you don't have a different ship just buy a stock sidewinder and fly it to the closest planet you can land on and see if that ship will be able to enter orbit, cruise and whatnot. But ya if all else fails just submit a ticket and wait for a reply
I am using a type 9 for cargo hauling but ill try my diamond back and if that doesn't work ill submit a ticket

Just had a similar problem. Been landing on planets all day but just tried to land at JJ's site and got stuck in the drp zone, had to quit out and restart and it was fine after that but first time I've had landing problems in a long time.
There were a metric ton of carriers in system though obviously.

Very similar to the PS4 issues since my alts never actually said anything about Horizons(owning it that is) just always said dropping to close etc.

Is the profile you play on your main account/the one you purchased ED with on the Console or an alternate profile? Since alts are almost always bugged herein PS4 land. Still wish you luck with the ticket!

Only issue I had last night was underestimating the gravitational pull and slammed my T9 into the rock with 10m with of cargo. I was fully vertical, boosting while shouting "oh no, oh no, oh no*". Even taking off after the insurance repurchase was a slog!

*mod edit: SFE

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom