Any change on Frontier's stance on VR?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Just a simplez question - since frontier's CM's are getting all touchy feely and hanging out with us in the forum, has anyone said anything more on VR? Or have they still only got 24 letters in their alphabet?

The response is filed in the same category as:
  • Cobra MkIV for Playstation commanders / everyone
  • Ship Interiors
  • New SRVs
  • New ships - e.g. Panther Clipper
  • Voice comms that dont bug out every 30 seconds
  • Console release of Odyssey
  • The ability to hot-swap controllers on console
  • 4k resolution for Playstation
  • Cross-play
  • Cross-save
  • Being able to purchase from Blackmarket

"we will also be able to explore and add additional features, content and improvements into the game"
make of that what you will

I think if Frontier feel there is something that can be done as a quick win we might see something next year but to be clear that is my interpretation we basically only have a commitment to bug fix (selective by Frontier), performance optimisation and console release.

What is VORPX?
It's a program you can buy that will force VR in games that don't natively support it. Mileage varies - some games work great with it (Alien Isolation) and others don't or require a lot of tweaking.

It can be very worth it though, like for Alien: Isolation which will make you have to change your pants. As I understand it you still get the full 3D effect. Saw someone having a lot of fun in FO: New Vegas and Dark Souls 3 with it.

a'ight - cheers for the replys, guess I'm going back to other games then. BTW Star Citizen in VORPX is the game that Odyssey would want to be when it grows up, like maybe if it's good and eats all it's vegetables and says its prayers, and asks santa nicely, it might grow up to be something like star citizen. See ya in da verse o7
I'm genuinely happy you've found a game you can enjoy in VR, albeit having to jump through a bunch of hoops to still not get a full VR on foot experience. I can't get behind the second part of your post as there just isn't enough of anything in Star Citizen to grab my interests and it's not a business model I feel comfortable supporting.

It's a program you can buy that will force VR in games that don't natively support it. Mileage varies - some games work great with it (Alien Isolation) and others don't or require a lot of tweaking.

It can be very worth it though, like for Alien: Isolation which will make you have to change your pants. As I understand it you still get the full 3D effect. Saw someone having a lot of fun in FO: New Vegas and Dark Souls 3 with it.
I haven't tried Vorpx, but is there any reason to use it over the MotherVR mod for Alien Isolation? (I would have thought that MotherVR would be the better option in fact).

"we will also be able to explore and add additional features, content and improvements into the game"
make of that what you will

I think if Frontier feel there is something that can be done as a quick win we might see something next year but to be clear that is my interpretation we basically only have a commitment to bug fix (selective by Frontier), performance optimisation and console release.
years ago that sort of comment from frontier would have excited me... But now? It strikes me as another one of their vagaries intentionally worded to keep us hyped by our misplaced hope.

a'ight - cheers for the replys, guess I'm going back to other games then. BTW Star Citizen in VORPX is the game that Odyssey would want to be when it grows up, like maybe if it's good and eats all it's vegetables and says its prayers, and asks santa nicely, it might grow up to be something like star citizen. See ya in da verse o7
VorpX? You aren't fooling anyone.

I haven't tried Vorpx, but is there any reason to use it over the MotherVR mod for Alien Isolation? (I would have thought that MotherVR would be the better option in fact).
Likely not - I'm not sure if MotherVR mod was around when I heard about Vorpx back in the day. Not an expert in using either.

MotherVR is far superior.

VorpX cannot create VR depth from non-existent data, so it emulates it as best as it can from the original "flat" image. Some games/engines that have full/partial stereoscopic 3D support (e.g. for 3D goggles) will work better in VorpX than those without.

Alien? You just made my day.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom