Any idea why Polaris is permit locked?

Spotted it on my way elsewhere and figured it's a famous star, why not drop in. But it's locked and surrounding systems are all empty. What's going on there I wonder?

Feel free for some tinfoil hattery in reply...how about a lost Guardian colony? Or INRA in exile?

Theres something thargoid related in there.... just like that system near the pleiades that locked (HIP 22758 is'nt it?)

If we find 2 more isolated systems that are permit locked, we can only assume they are keeping the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse in them....;)

Bill

Spotted it on my way elsewhere and figured it's a famous star, why not drop in. But it's locked and surrounding systems are all empty. What's going on there I wonder?

Feel free for some tinfoil hattery in reply...how about a lost Guardian colony? Or INRA in exile?

Who knows where the North wind blows.

In FFE Polaris was "The Second Thargoid Forward Staging Area" (the Pleiades was the first) and contained a Thargoid transporter device and guarded by INRA military satellites.

I doubt that's still the case now.

In FFE Polaris was "The Second Thargoid Forward Staging Area" (the Pleiades was the first) and contained a Thargoid transporter device and guarded by INRA military satellites.

It might still be there. Though I doubt it's still fully active... or is it?

Theres something thargoid related in there.... just like that system near the pleiades that locked (HIP 22758 is'nt it?)

If we find 2 more isolated systems that are permit locked, we can only assume they are keeping the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse in them....;)

Bill

dont be silly - they are gathered in col 70

And to think I thought the first bloke (Bob McBobblehead, cheers dude)who suggested this was being tinfoil! Told you my lore knowledge sucked...:S
Thanks

Last edited:
There can be little doubt that Polaris is permit-locked because of the prior association of this system with the Thargoids from the earlier FFE game. Whether there is anything Thargoid-related still in the system in ED, is anyone's guess. "All the permits are there for a reason", including the Polaris one.

Jenner

I wish I was English like my hero Tj.
Interesting! I wasn't aware of Polaris' association with the Thargoids in FFE. I only ever played Frontier. I feel all enlightened. Lol.

I guess you must be allied with the Thargoid to get the permit.

(Going to a close by star, point to polaris in supercruise and just wait for signal sources to show)

Top Bottom