Any ideas about the timing of the next CG?

My nephew and I love running these together, but it's been awhile since there's been any update. Anyone have any idea when we might see them return?

Thanks to all the commanders who joined in the beta back in November, we're happy to announce that the January Update will be launching on the 14 January! As we mentioned back in October, the first half of this year's updates will be focused almost exclusively on Fleet Carriers and fixing as many high priority bugs and issues as possible, ensuring that the game runs as smooth as a freshly-purchased Cobra MkIII. To be clear, this means that Interstellar Initiatives/Community Goals will be on hold while we focus on the subsequent series of updates and betas that will be coming over the following months.

My nephew and I love running these together, but it's been awhile since there's been any update. Anyone have any idea when we might see them return?

As you saw in the previous posts there will be no CGs for a while, but if you like the hauling CGs then try to help to Operation IDA (www.operationida.com), or if you like the combat ones just pick a faction you prefer, and help in CZs.

Or Hutton Truckers could always use a few more truckers:

This is turning into abit of a joke now with the no CGs or interstellar initiatives.
Whats the point in releasing a new era of Elite Dangerous when you are not even on top of your own community events or needs?
Are Interstellar Initiatives going the same way as the Dangerous Games?
Why are you spending time making lets play streams when we are all sat here twiddling are thumbs waiting for something to get involved with?
And no roleplaying delivering mugs to every station in the galaxy is not a substitute for interstellar initiatives, dangerous games or any other frontier led community event.

#freeinterstellarinitiative

And no roleplaying delivering mugs to every station in the galaxy is not a substitute for interstellar initiatives, dangerous games or any other frontier led community event.
#freeinterstellarinitiative

They were only trying to help and offer a suggestion.

in my less happy moments and with my sense of humour I do wonder why they don't just do a half CG just to rub it in even more - 'Suzy has fallen down a well or something, deliver some goods to your local station or mine or kill some pirates or just explore, whatever you feel like will probably help, or don't, its up to you. Brought to you by Meh Faction somewhere or other, probably.' To last for, well we'll close it when we've had enough or the server tickover if we forget to renew it.

Not that long ago CGs were coming week by week on regular basis. Why it is so hard for them to spark a typical cargo delivery CG? I must say that recent months in Elite are REALLY boring. We're in 2020 and besides that occasional Thargoid action there absolutely nothing going on, almost like the game is in terminal state :|

Not that long ago CGs were coming week by week on regular basis. Why it is so hard for them to spark a typical cargo delivery CG? I must say that recent months in Elite are REALLY boring. We're in 2020 and besides that occasional Thargoid action there absolutely nothing going on, almost like the game is in terminal state :|
The whiners Told them "Not too bother with CGs"... Each week it was" Not another ?? CG again do some thing else" ... So they got some thing else and then they shut them down as well...
PC users wanted beta tests so they got one single beta in 3 months and every one else got "nothing" and have to keep getting nothing till the PFC release... (It has not even been confirmed that PC user will even get a second beta at all )

yes.....it's embarrassing. How many people are working on this game now ?....not more then 5

yes.....it's embarrassing. How many people are working on this game now ?....not more then 5
In my opinion Elite is no longer Frontiers number 1 and September patch is confirmation. In my opinion it was pulled off by a skeleton crew of junior coders hence the terrible result, all skilled programmers were diverted to work on other more income-perspective projects rather than constantly fixing the old game. There are not enough people to carry on and we're seeing results of it - nothing going on. Also Frontier Dev isn't a small ten person studio, something like SCS Software or Egosoft with single title that is constantly improved with one or two paid dlcs released every year to keepo the game fresh and supplied with new content. Frontier owners realized if ED has a steady number of players and die hard fans who would never abandon Elite then it is ok to serve cosmetics only to deliver steady income to fund other profitable projects.

iu

Or Hutton Truckers could always use a few more truckers:

Hey, Ida needs more! :p

I agree it's a sorry state of affairs. So bored atm I pimped my old Cobra and engineered her to the max. (Pretty pleased with the result though … loving the old Cobra again ;)

I don't really understand FDs motives. No real news since January 20 patch.

Back in the day (two years ago) there were legions of us CMDRs just dying to help FD plug the game with more content, but we all got told 'No thanks.'

I assumed it was because they had their own masterplan. But now?

Hard to tell really.

Top Bottom