Any new news on Xbox/PC cross platform play?

That would be awesome - don't think it will ever happen but I wish it would since I now mostly play on PC but have tons of old CMDR friends on XBOX

That would be awesome - don't think it will ever happen but I wish it would since I now mostly play on PC but have tons of old CMDR friends on XBOX
I know that Forza Horizon 4 we can play cross platform. Me on PC and another friend on Xbox. They seemed to have figured it out.

Sony have removed any barriers so it's up to the developers, would love it myself (not with PC as the lack of third party aps and cheats would be a complete imbalance for us console peasants).

After all this time it will probably never happen, yes it would be great to play with pc/ ps friends but not so great when the pc players wipe the floor with console players as they have many more key bindings, mouse flight control and some allegedly even cheat, personally ive put alot of hours into building my xbox fleet, i wouldnt want to loose it to a pc ganker wing with infinite shields, hull and ammo. Would you?

After all this time it will probably never happen, yes it would be great to play with pc/ ps friends but not so great when the pc players wipe the floor with console players as they have many more key bindings, mouse flight control and some allegedly even cheat, personally ive put alot of hours into building my xbox fleet, i wouldnt want to loose it to a pc ganker wing with infinite shields, hull and ammo. Would you?
Didn't realize there was such an inequity between the 2 platforms. I have never played ED on Xbox.

My 2 pennies worth; if we were given the opportunity to play with our fellow console and PC brethren, the perception of inequality wouldn't be realised. Yes, there are many more 3rd party add on's etc but we would be in the same position as many PC cmdrs now. I read on these forums that many play on PC using console controllers without voice attack or mouse dinglebat.
I have been on the sharp end of a few very talented xbox cmdrs and can only compare them with video of PC cmdrs, and I believe that the skill disparity won't be as wide as it's being made out. Of course all the extra bells and whistles the PC combat pilot have at their disposal will help those at the lower end of the skill spectrum but true skill doesn't need such embellishments.

I am against crossplay for one particular reason: lack of balance between PC and Xbox. If Devs introduced keyboard as bindable for Xbox One, that would basically kill the idea of sitting with a pad on the couch and minding you own business in game. We already have PVP vs PVE loadout differences in-game. Why to further the gap between these people with hardware itself? I prefer to play my ED with a pad only, thank you.

I mean, guy with pad alone will always lose to the guy who has around over 100 bindable buttons on the keyboard. And it's not really comfortable to use keyboard on the couch. One of the reasons why I picked Xbox version of ED over the PC one was not being forced to use keyboard for anything else but chat, at best.

Last edited:
pretty sure a very old post suggested or maybe even confirmed no that wasn't the direction they were looking to take.

Obviously a lot have changed but IMO, it brings up things like...can I transfer X to my Y account now.
Unless this becomes an Xbox PlayAnywhere title for PC I'm not sure I'd want it.

ALSO the larger concern...PS$ was released YEARS later and it just wont work for the future content that seems to be learning towards player groups etc. (Meaning PS4 cant share the social aspects across to Xbox One, they only see one another and would be very limited socially otherwise). Kinda makes this game more of a chore.

Just my thoughts having just started back on PC and playing less and less on xbox one.

I know that Forza Horizon 4 we can play cross platform. Me on PC and another friend on Xbox. They seemed to have figured it out.

Yes, Microsoft has absolutely been supporting cross platform play (PC & Xbox) with most of their new titles - I just haven't seen many older games get that kind of support added in after launch.

Doesn't mean it won't happen, but I don't hold out much hope :-(

No and it’s not going to happen.
they’ve actually posted over a year ago saying that isn’t a plan and no work is going on to make it possible.

Top Bottom