Any News on Broken horizons for accounts on PS4

It is my opinion that code in the game meant to prevent piracy (sharing) is working as intended. That each purchase of ED is allowed one account to access Horizons, all alts will have to purchase Horizons separately. That if you purchased a pre-owned physical copy say from game stop, amazon, ebay etc, you are not the original owner, and when you registered it with Frontier they know this. Why we were giving access to Horizons in the first place was probably caused when the dlc was rolled into the game.
According to
https://customersupport.frontier.co...te-Dangerous-and-Horizons-season-pass-on-PS4-

Both Elite Dangerous and the Horizons expansion can be shared between all PSN accounts on the console that you've set as your Primary PlayStation®4.

According to
https://customersupport.frontier.co...te-Dangerous-and-Horizons-season-pass-on-PS4-

Both Elite Dangerous and the Horizons expansion can be shared between all PSN accounts on the console that you've set as your Primary PlayStation®4.

I hope this to still be true, but until this issue is resolved, I don't see it. I am the only user of my PS4, it is my primary, I have lost access to Horizons content. I did purchase this game "used", which is why I have these opinions. I would gladly eat my words if this is fixed.

I hope this to still be true, but until this issue is resolved, I don't see it. I am the only user of my PS4, it is my primary, I have lost access to Horizons content. I did purchase this game "used", which is why I have these opinions. I would gladly eat my words if this is fixed.
I think there is a conflict between what fdev wants (everyone to have horizons content free now) and what sony wants (moar money).

They'll come around once they realize FDev isn't Disney and this tactic doesn't always work

It is my opinion that code in the game meant to prevent piracy (sharing) is working as intended. That each purchase of ED is allowed one account to access Horizons, all alts will have to purchase Horizons separately. That if you purchased a pre-owned physical copy say from game stop, amazon, ebay etc, you are not the original owner, and when you registered it with Frontier they know this. Why we were giving access to Horizons in the first place was probably caused when the dlc was rolled into the game.

Seems like a reasonable thought. However, my son had a used disc version and thought he would use the recently discounted game opportunity to move to a digital version and solve the issue. Downloaded a few days ago and it hasn't fixed it for him.

I mention it bcs if anyone else is thinking of switching from disc to download, and paying fresh money, it may not solve it. Although for most it seems to

"Oh? You can't? You can't take off and fly? You can't accept missions? You can't asteroid mine? You can't go collect bounties? You literally can't load up and do anything in the game? Well..this is certainly new information sir."

you forgot...You can't access content that was given for FREE after having access prior? That your game has been basically cut in half, that we've removed your mid to end game content after giving it to you for FREE.

We are not wanting more free poopoo, we want the content that we previously had, returned. This language is inflammatory and mischaracterizes the problem. In fact the case of the physical copy I purchased says "Legendary Edition includes Horizons season pass".

It is very frustrating, because I love this game and want to continue playing as before. It has been six weeks for me since losing access to Horizons content (that was originally given to me for FREE) and honestly, cuts the legs out from under this game, as I have reached mid to end game content. I am trying to stay with the game, but I fear there will not be a fix, as this is intended.

customer feedback, PS console player.
Will I pay additional money to regain access, no. Would I recommend this game to my gamer group, no. Would I consider purchasing Odyssey...no
I agree with this... kinda. Only I wasn't given access to Horizons for free. I paid for it when I purchased the physical copy of the game in the United States (where I was living at the time) and had to use the code on a newly created US account so that my UK account could have access to Horizons. All of this information was given to me at the time when I asked if this was possible since I only had a UK account, and Sony do not migrate them. At the time you got 1500 frontier points included in the pass, which I understood I would not receive since the code was for the US Store front and not the UK one. I was good with that... even though I'd paid for that version with that offer included.

Fast forward to this point... many years later and many many grinds later for credits, mats and engineer upgrades. Now understand why we are complaining. I have limited options here... purchase the game again via the UK store.... start playing my US account and forego the several years of grinding to begin all over again... accept that this is the end for Elite Dangerous (and believe me, it would be the end of my relationship with Frontier completely.... I had the original game, Elite 2 (which sucked, but it still didn't stop me investing further with Final Frontier ... heck I even purchased an £1,800 PC to play to Final Frontier.... lol. But honestly, it's not the extra £20 I'd have to pay to get access back, it's the complete lack of communication and disregard by the development team that's grinding on my gears. Why should I continue to invest in someone that has nothing but contempt for it's customer base? Nah... hard pass.

I am still not sure whether these issues do not also involve Sony.
If you recall I had both purchased another digital ED copy via PS store for my alternative account. Which - most time - solved the issue for me with Horizons features (predominantly planetary landings and SLF launch).
However I had also bought Playstation Plus for one month for that account. Which expired today.

So where in the past I could play both accounts with all features (Horizon features) in all play modes (open to solo) without a second ED copy and without another PS+ abo for alternative accounts today I am constrained to solo only. Open - wanna buy a PS+ abo?

So even if Horizons features and game mode seem not to be interlinked at first glance I am still asking myself what impact Sony had/has on the issues.
Cause enabling open only for PS+ purchased for every account must be a Sony thing and not Frontier.
o7

Please allow me a momentary bout of whinging, wailing, and gnashing of teeth.....

Aside from hampering the exploration of bio sites & guardian sites, etc, and the ability to deal with the engineers (all of whom have bases on planets), this issue is putting a serious crimp in my ability to milk...er.... take advantage of.... er.... enjoy the fruits of the latest community goal. The offered double-engineered FSD can only be had by exchanging "materials" for it.... some of which are darn difficult to obtain without being able to land on planets.

Thanks. I feel better now. ;)

For the PlayStation Elite Dangerous Player Community to have someone "on the inside", who's evidently personally invested in driving the resolution of this issue from an internal position, is something so important that it cannot be understated. Thanks for your support, endeavour and communication @Support Luna . We can reward you with our patience, but also if there's a way to commend you more formally, please let us know as I for one would be willing to do so.
I think its safe to say (after the last lot of posts in this thread) that rather than 07 cmdr to Luna, it should be 07 Admiral to Luna for her perseverance and tenacity to put updates on the forum for us.

Yes it's annoying, even intensely frustrating in relation to the "bug" (coding problem) especially for Players its now affected for over a month or so, but unless they pulled back all the patches and updates to a prior time before this "bug" occurred and reset the game, the you'd probably have to wait longer for Odyssey to get released for consoles at the Fdev approximated timescale. That doesn't say that they will be problem free with Odyssey, but they are trying to lay the groundwork so that Odyssey will be an eventuality (I guess)...

Boppa has been on here longer, and is quite right in emphasizing what positive action Luna is providing to us console gamers presently, as compared to any previous times where issues have occurred. Bravo Luna, and held breath for the Devs (who I'd rather have working on the problem, rather than exchanging what ifs, maybes and character defense on a fruitless forum exchange.

I think its safe to say (after the last lot of posts in this thread) that rather than 07 cmdr to Luna, it should be 07 Admiral to Luna for her perseverance and tenacity to put updates on the forum for us.

Yes it's annoying, even intensely frustrating in relation to the "bug" (coding problem) especially for Players its now affected for over a month or so, but unless they pulled back all the patches and updates to a prior time before this "bug" occurred and reset the game, the you'd probably have to wait longer for Odyssey to get released for consoles at the Fdev approximated timescale. That doesn't say that they will be problem free with Odyssey, but they are trying to lay the groundwork so that Odyssey will be an eventuality (I guess)...

Boppa has been on here longer, and is quite right in emphasizing what positive action Luna is providing to us console gamers presently, as compared to any previous times where issues have occurred. Bravo Luna, and held breath for the Devs (who I'd rather have working on the problem, rather than exchanging what ifs, maybes and character defense on a fruitless forum exchange.
Another recurring theme lately from a number of people is to dangle Odyssey in an attempt normalize the prolonged lack of access to paid content. I couldn't care less about Odyssey right now, I'm much more interested in the game I paid for last April and have not seen for over a month. I've heard this numerous times by now; they are working on Odyssey therefore this is all OK considering the circumstances. This is the worst excuse ever. Odyssey can come out in 2030 for all I care, I'll worry about that when I can finally play the game I already paid for.

Another recurring theme lately from a number of people is to dangle Odyssey in an attempt normalize the prolonged lack of access to paid content. I couldn't care less about Odyssey right now, I'm much more interested in the game I paid for last April and have not seen for over a month. I've heard this numerous times by now; they are working on Odyssey therefore this is all OK considering the circumstances. This is the worst excuse ever. Odyssey can come out in 2030 for all I care, I'll worry about that when I can finally play the game I already paid for.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but that's the fact of the matter. Odyssey is probably Frontier's priority at the moment (and not even on consoles), so bear with me when I am patient with them. I get it that you are angry (as I was when it happened to me - thats what made me join the forum in the first place!). But I see the problem from the other side too. Odyssey is a cross platform product and not just a Playstation addition.

So if you are an advocate of roll back the patches & upgrades on consoles, that's going to be a major Senior level business decision that would have to be made by Frontier. I would guess that unless all Playstation players were locked out and affected, then a rollback is highly unlikely to occur. So what remains is whenever the fault code is identified, then we can expect the problem to be resolved. It has probably been caused by the requirement to have some form of preparatory requirements for Odyssey to be able to be merged onto the console. You may not be bothered about Odyssey ( and that is your opinion that you are entitled to), but it doesn't happen to coincide with Frontier's aims and road-map, and after all they are the ones who own and manage the game environment. [example-If your car breaks down, you have to wait until the mechanic has located the problem to fix it, you don't have much in the way of recourse until then, you don't drive it out of the garage with a half-/half guessed repair...]

Personally, I feel that they should surgically remove the code that queries whether a user has the Horizons update and just add a default yes inserted into the code for Horizons, both on the Frontier PS console server and in your local held profile on your console. since it is now merged with the game anyhow. Whether this is a possibility, I don't know as I am not a computer programmer. But if the FDev Sony programmers are working on Odyssey full time, then this is just an additional headache for them. Who knows what whips are being cracked to resolve the console delay debacle?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but that's the fact of the matter. Odyssey is probably Frontier's priority at the moment (and not even on consoles), so bear with me when I am patient with them. I get it that you are angry (as I was when it happened to me - thats what made me join the forum in the first place!). But I see the problem from the other side too. Odyssey is a cross platform product and not just a Playstation addition.

So if you are an advocate of roll back the patches & upgrades on consoles, that's going to be a major Senior level business decision that would have to be made by Frontier. I would guess that unless all Playstation players were locked out and affected, then a rollback is highly unlikely to occur. So what remains is whenever the fault code is identified, then we can expect the problem to be resolved. It has probably been caused by the requirement to have some form of preparatory requirements for Odyssey to be able to be merged onto the console. You may not be bothered about Odyssey ( and that is your opinion that you are entitled to), but it doesn't happen to coincide with Frontier's aims and road-map, and after all they are the ones who own and manage the game environment. [example-If your car breaks down, you have to wait until the mechanic has located the problem to fix it, you don't have much in the way of recourse until then, you don't drive it out of the garage with a half-/half guessed repair...]

Personally, I feel that they should surgically remove the code that queries whether a user has the Horizons update and just add a default yes inserted into the code for Horizons, both on the Frontier PS console server and in your local held profile on your console. since it is now merged with the game anyhow. Whether this is a possibility, I don't know as I am not a computer programmer. But if the FDev Sony programmers are working on Odyssey full time, then this is just an additional headache for them. Who knows what whips are being cracked to resolve the console delay debacle?
I was already aware that this is "the fact of the matter", it is quite evident since if this issue was actually important to FDev they would have resolved the problem weeks ago. I was referring to the absurdity of this actually being used as an excuse. The car breaking down is an interesting example on your part, because you are basically saying that it is OK for the mechanic to not prioritizing the faulty car in the garage because he is too busy sitting in the office working out a blueprint for a whole new car. After all, the faulty car has already been paid for by some sucker, so the priority is developing a new car that we can sell to many more suckers out there and make a shed load of money. As far as I know, successful and reputable businesses always prioritize existing customers over future ones. That's not only ethical, but also good for business. What we have here is as corrupt as anything I have seen.

Frontier Support dealing with PS4 players who have been blocked from accessing Horizons content over the past five weeks. The service is excellent, I really feel like they care deeply.
FrontierDM.png

Yeah, if they can't figure this crap out... Odyssey will be a complete and utter mess. You don't build upon poor foundations - you simply don't do it. Crumbling infrastructure is no place to lay extra levels of glitz and glamour... People claiming they are excited about Odyssey is one thing, but honestly you'll be the same people berating FDev in these forums when you've shelled out your money and the game is such a hot mess that it makes Cyberpunk look like a piece of bugless genius.

I'll be first in the queue to say "WE TOLD YOU SO!!"... because I'll have the same amount of cares, as you do for us right now.

It's weird that my horizons only went down for a day and has been working since. You guys have to be doing something wrong. Also, wing trade is incredibly profitable right now and doesn't involve srvs or planet surfaces. It might be a better use of your time than a mighty adult tantrum over a video game. That never seems to come off well to others. Just saying.

It's weird that my horizons only went down for a day and has been working since. You guys have to be doing something wrong. Also, wing trade is incredibly profitable right now and doesn't involve srvs or planet surfaces. It might be a better use of your time than a mighty adult tantrum over a video game. That never seems to come off well to others. Just saying.
And that would be your main account right ? If you have alt, is that working as well ?

In UK, main account = PS+ and the account you used to purchase ED.

Outside of UK, say Asian, we need to create an account (of a UK region) to activate Horizon (physical version previously) or to purchase a digital download. In my case, this 'UK' account is working well, but this account does not have much game play, it's for sharing the Horizon add-on for my main PS+ [Edit:Asian] account.

That main PS+ account which used to work, stops working since mid Jan.

That doing something wrong would be our other account used to activate/purchase ED that is working, but not much gameplay in it.

Last edited:
In absence of real info on the matter, this ranting is entertaining enough, I guess.

On topic: Alt still not working.

Kinda loosing interest for it also, had a RP plan for it, preparations would be probably over by now, but as it is, lost my idea and motivation.

Also lately I don't know what to with my main cmdr sometimes, hence the alt, so I can do different things on different locations, galaxy is big...
So I go play Gta V.
That never has issues like Elite.
I always know what to expect there.

Frontier, you're losing us 😱

Rant over 😁

"Sometimes you can do everything correct and still lose"
My Main still functions fine(aside for that 1 day hiccup) but the alt/partner's? Still borked even after the uninstall/reinstall license update-restore etc thus we are not 'doing it wrong' we are just unlucky is all.

Still that is the wonderful world of computing gaming eh? 1 line of code goes "hrghzt" and all sorts of weirdness starts happening! It'll be fixed I am sure, just going to take time.

Do agree that threating lawsuits or contacting 'the authorities' over THIS? Yeah no doesn't look good or help the situation be resolved any faster, being angry/frustrated is fine, expressing it is fine, just know that staying in that mindset is not healthy for you in the long run.

Top Bottom