Any News on Broken horizons for accounts on PS4

The point of the analogy came across though, regardless of whether it was a good one (I'd just woken up, sue me). And it's not devoid of relevance. You're not being denied access to Horizons. They aren't saying you can't ever have it back. They are saying that atm, there's a problem they've not had to deal with before. And unfortunately, you have to wait until the problem is sorted until you can have it again. Stuff happens sometimes, and unfortunately we just have to deal with it atm. You still have access to the base product, you still have access to some of the Horizons content. You can still play the game.

They're also not saying they aren't accountable for fixing it. Quite the opposite has been said.
All this is, is you stamping your feet because you want the cake now. Not later

The point of the analogy came across though, regardless of whether it was a good one (I'd just woken up, sue me). And it's not devoid of relevance. You're not being denied access to Horizons. They aren't saying you can't ever have it back. They are saying that atm, there's a problem they've not had to deal with before. And unfortunately, you have to wait until the problem is sorted until you can have it again. Stuff happens sometimes, and unfortunately we just have to deal with it atm. You still have access to the base product, you still have access to some of the Horizons content. You can still play the game.
I'd like to see the post where "they" have said all this. The only person that has responded is a forum moderator - who, openly admits, they are not a developer and cannot speak for them. THIS is the very issue we have. The lack of acknowledgment and transparency is the very thing that's most frustrating.

You'll know yourself that once you get to a certain point in this game, engineering and material farming become the end game grind. Can't get guardian stuff, can't engineer jump ranges etc on ships - and so what reason is there to play if I have enough credits that I don't need to be just aimlessly flying around for no reason??

And YES, your analogy was completely devoid of relevance. I stand by that fact. You tried to compare it to covid and the government. Let me tell why it's different...

1) Covid-19 was not created by the government you said you were blaming
2) Restaurants being accessible to you are not a consumer right - it's not something you've paid for.
3) Boris Johnson (or a member of his Govt) are on TV every single day giving an update on progress (we've had zero information from FDev on this)

The only similarity is you can call them both a "bug"... so, it's devoid of relevance as far as analogies go. You're more than welcome now you're awake to try come up with a better one :)

They're also not saying they aren't accountable for fixing it. Quite the opposite has been said.
All this is, is you stamping your feet because you want the cake now. Not later

Show me where they've said they are working on a fix? I think I recall only a single post saying there were aware and were looking into it. Want an analogy? I'm aware my toilet doesn't flush properly at because I have water pressure issues in my home - and I'm looking into it. Am I promising a fix?? Nope. If it's too expensive I'll just live with it. How do we know FDev aren't on that same wave length? We don't... because they haven't said a single other thing about it. THAT is how you do analogies, my guy.

Well I would, but someone has already done this. I also doubt that even if Luna wasn't, that she's unlikely to be here lying about what is being said / done. But by all means, keep throwing those toys out the pram.
I'm aware of those being the "end game", yet my point still remains valid. You can still play the game. You can still fly around, do missions, mine in asteroid fields, bounty hunt, etc. You're just crying because you can't play the game that specific way at the moment.
1) Where's your proof the government didn't create it? (No. I'm not getting all conspiracy theorist on you). There's no one, definitive answer as to where it started, so prove it wasn't the government 🤷🏻‍♂️ You can't. Just like you can't prove the potential that this isn't FDevs fault. Could be an outside source causing it (though highly unlikely)
2) I know plenty of people in various industries, and they've already paid for certain services up front. But due to reasons, they can't get those services. Nor can they get their money back. They just have to wait until the ability to provide those services is available again (contracts and such are fun 🙄)
3) Boris and his friends are out every day spouting the same nonsense over and over. And frankly I wish they wouldn't. Because every day I tune in to hearing the same pointless things, in the hope something different is said. And they don't. Only rarely. And I'm actually kinda grateful now that this is how FDev have been doing it. I don't need to be constantly told the same thing, update me as and when new information is available.
And regardless of anything, you got the exact point my crud analogy was making. Beyond both being a bug. So no, not entirely devoid of relevance.
Already been said as to where, but you can also head over to reddit where they've had devs and such posting (though I'll admit, those ones should also really be doing so here. Not just reddit. But, 🤷🏻‍♂️) As for your analogy, these particular plumbers HAVE said that they are working on the problem. It hasn't been said they aren't working on it. And until such a time as they say they're just leaving it and sweeping it under the rug (where the opposite was literally posted by Luna), you have little to no ground to stand on. Which makes your toilet analogy fitting, because that's where your argument belongs

Last edited:
There's no sources from FDev posting on Reddit. You are frankly wasitng my time reading through your conspiracy nonsense and unsupported fake information.

We've had no update on this for 2 months. you talk about unavailable services etc... but you are also talking about contractual obligations - and you'll therefore be aware (though unlikely since none of your other information is supported) that when you purchase something as a consumer, you enter into an agreement, as does the vendor, and as such we call these "trading standards" and they are covered in the Conumsers Rights Act of 2015.

But I'm done replying to your nonsense for now.

I suggest you go and look on there yourself to find it, since you're apparently so good at finding and sourcing information. I went to look for them responding for you, but I'm not cycling through the many topics about this bug there just for you.
https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/lcks8i Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/lcks8i/horizons_not_working/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=&utm_content=comments_view_all

It's not specifically the one I was referring too. But it'll work as a point to show Frontier Support posting on there.

Oh? Where's your concrete proof that this is FDevs fault? Guess you're just giving conspiracy nonsense and unsupported fake information too then I guess 🤷🏻‍♂️

We have been kept in the loop over the past couple of months. They are still providing that service. You can still play the game. But I assume you want the top brass to come speak to you directly and magically fix it immediately just for you though.

Please do stop replying. We can do without baby throwing his toys out the pram.

Support Luna

Customer Support
Frontier
Hey everyone.

I see things got a little heated :(

I'm not going to get drawn into an argument if I can possibly avoid it (and let's try to keep the COVID stuff out of here please... there's plenty of other places for contentious subjects of that nature).

All I'll say is to confirm that yes, as a CS team member, whilst I can't speak for the dev team, per se, I can absolutely assure you that I have a direct line of contact, and that this absolutely IS being looked into. I'm assisting with the investigation the very best I can, from my personal position.

I really appreciate the tip re. this affecting newly purchased accounts. I'd be interested to know if these too are alts, or if they're 'first time/only purchase' mains. As with the accounts that found themselves in this state as of mid Jan, I suspect that it's not ALL brand new accounts affected. So I guess we're still looking for some commonality in these cases that's so far eluded us :(

I have no update for you today, unfortunately. If anything crops up when all the other departments are 'back in the office' tomorrow, I'll be sure to let you know.

-Luna

Hey everyone.

I'm not going to get drawn into an argument if I can possibly avoid it (and let's try to keep the COVID stuff out of here please... there's plenty of other places for contentious subjects of that nature).

All I'll say is to confirm that yes, as a CS team member, whilst I can't speak for the dev team, per se, I can absolutely assure you that I have a direct line of contact, and that this absolutely IS being looked into. I'm assisting with the investigation the very best I can, from my personal position.

I really appreciate the tip re. this affecting newly purchased accounts. I'd be interested to know if these too are alts, or if they're 'first time/only purchase' mains. As with the accounts that found themselves in this state as of mid Jan, I suspect that it's not ALL brand new accounts affected. So I guess we're still looking for some commonality in these cases that's so far eluded us :(

I have no update for you today, unfortunately. If anything crops up when all the other departments are 'back in the office' tomorrow, I'll be sure to let you know.

-Luna
Sorry for my part in the heated discussion - but hopefully you can sense our frustration. Especially those of us who, whilst technically are playing "alts", they are actually our main accounts due to the nature of how and where we made the purchase of the game originally. This means for 2 months I've not been able to play properly on my account, and have zero interest of putting any more time, money or effort into it until some kind of timeline and/or reassurances are made. I really am making a plea here that why not give us a code for PSN to be able to make a digital purchase of a game we already purchased, but through no fault of our own had to do so on a different account?? This would at least be a small relief and fix a lot of issues with valuable customers that have stayed loyal to this game for many years now.

When it was on sale last week I nearly broke down and re-purchased it - but through fear that it might not work I didn't want to throw good money after bad. And certainly would not pay full price for a second time... I think that would be grossly unfair to ask.

The fact remains though. The developers themselves are silent on the matter. They are more than happy to throw up social media advertising the game and other stuff every single day of the week - but they can't take a minute out of their days to offer us some tidbit of an update??? This is what really frustrates us the most.

Hey everyone.

-Luna

For the PlayStation Elite Dangerous Player Community to have someone "on the inside", who's evidently personally invested in driving the resolution of this issue from an internal position, is something so important that it cannot be understated. Thanks for your support, endeavour and communication @Support Luna . We can reward you with our patience, but also if there's a way to commend you more formally, please let us know as I for one would be willing to do so.

Because they're trying to work on a fix. Because currently there's no guarantee that purchasing the game on the Alt account sorts the problem. Because they're not gonna give into you and give you a free copy because you try "bully" them with threats of how you stomped your feet and went crying to Watchdog 🙄
No, they haven't been silent on the matter. They're essentially using a mediator to convey things to us, and have information passed onto them so that they can focus on trying to sort the problem. Not deal with the likes of angry boys like you.
And no. It's not what frustrates "us" the most. It's what frustrates you the most. Doesn't frustrate me, nor the other level headed people here. We get it

Sorry for my part in the heated discussion - but hopefully you can sense our frustration. Especially those of us who, whilst technically are playing "alts", they are actually our main accounts due to the nature of how and where we made the purchase of the game originally. This means for 2 months I've not been able to play properly on my account, and have zero interest of putting any more time, money or effort into it until some kind of timeline and/or reassurances are made. I really am making a plea here that why not give us a code for PSN to be able to make a digital purchase of a game we already purchased, but through no fault of our own had to do so on a different account?? This would at least be a small relief and fix a lot of issues with valuable customers that have stayed loyal to this game for many years now.

When it was on sale last week I nearly broke down and re-purchased it - but through fear that it might not work I didn't want to throw good money after bad. And certainly would not pay full price for a second time... I think that would be grossly unfair to ask.

The fact remains though. The developers themselves are silent on the matter. They are more than happy to throw up social media advertising the game and other stuff every single day of the week - but they can't take a minute out of their days to offer us some tidbit of an update??? This is what really frustrates us the most.
Agree with this. I find it increasingly offensive that Frontier Support is trivializing this by calling it a "bug" or an "issue". This is far more serious, we have been blocked from accessing content we paid for and it has been MORE THAN A MONTH. So yes, absolutely give impacted players a code for PSN to purchase a new copy if you cannot find a solution after such an exorbitant amount of time. And you know what? Also offer impacted players a bunch of ARX and do whatever it takes to compensate for this outrage. I've never had an experience like this with a video game. Or really any kind of product I have ever purchased and I'm sorry but a few smiley faces via DM and the occasional soothing words on a forum mean nothing after weeks of silence and lack of support. This is extraordinarily bad service and only real, tangible compensation can put things right. So I suggest that you utilize your CS team membership, take your direct line of contact and start talking the specifics with them.

Also. A thousand apologies to you Luna. Didn't mean to get into a "heated argument" with someone. Nor get into Covid talks, though those were more being used as comparisons. Still, shouldn't have gone there though really.
And I can only mimic the sentiment posted by boppa_

Damn. Either ZEldin is just Rittings on his main / alt. Or we got 2 entitled babies here.
Seriously. Cry about wanting some form of actual compensation or a brand new copy of the game when it gets to a point of them saying that they can't fix it. Otherwise, learn some patience. Play another game. Go get some exercise

Damn. Either ZEldin is just Rittings on his main / alt. Or we got 2 entitled babies here.
Seriously. Cry about wanting some form of actual compensation or a brand new copy of the game when it gets to a point of them saying that they can't fix it. Otherwise, learn some patience. Play another game. Go get some exercise
I hope you are getting paid for brown nosing the developers, because if you are doing this for free, no one can save you. When you run out of rational arguments, the name calling begins. Try to think of an equivalent situation in virtually any other area of business and see what consequences the seller would have to face there. It shouldn't take long to see how serious this is when making that comparison, but for you of course it will take longer than forever. I cannot begin to fathom why a fellow member of the community would want to defend the developers instead of supporting the people who would like to play the game but cannot. I'm trying to imagine what it would be like if I actually took time to go on a forum and attack the people who have been trying to reach some kind of support for five weeks with no success.
But there is some humor here nevertheless: it took you just over an hour after your "thousand apologies to you Luna" to go even lower than before. So I guess your next comment is "a million apologies to you Luna". Keep your head up and your nose brown my friend.

Last edited:
Ah yes. Must be that I'm just out of rational arguments, and not just that your self entitlement is showing. But, you know. By your own logic you're out of rational arguments since I'm an unpaid brown noser...🙄
This "fellow member of the community", is being understanding of the fact they are dealing with something they haven't done so before. And not just scream and cry about wanting free stuff. Also. You can play the game.
On the last point, I honestly don't know what happened there. Because that message was posted straight after my first one. Hence why it seems so "out of place" being suddenly after yours. So, you're welcome to your misplaced humour there. Keep on swinging though champ

Ah yes. Must be that I'm just out of rational arguments, and not just that your self entitlement is showing. But, you know. By your own logic you're out of rational arguments since I'm an unpaid brown noser...🙄
This "fellow member of the community", is being understanding of the fact they are dealing with something they haven't done so before. And not just scream and cry about wanting free stuff. Also. You can play the game.
On the last point, I honestly don't know what happened there. Because that message was posted straight after my first one. Hence why it seems so "out of place" being suddenly after yours. So, you're welcome to your misplaced humour there. Keep on swinging though champ
I was very understanding in week one, two, three and four, it's week number five that kinda rubs me the wrong way. Also. No, I can't play the game.
I do have some clarity though, your comments a couple of weeks back seem much more.. what's the word... human. I think we have a case of Stockholm syndrome here, you started liking the abuse inflicted on you and you are now defending your captors.

Last edited:
Well, I'm sure they're veeery sorry that they can't work to your specific time frame.
Oh? You can't? You can't take off and fly? You can't accept missions? You can't asteroid mine? You can't go collect bounties? You literally can't load up and do anything in the game? Well..this is certainly new information sir.
No. My comments a couple of weeks and so ago were more from initial annoyance at the problem. The sort of thing done without properly thinking about it all at first. The fact it's an unknown problem they've not had to deal with before. The ONLY time I've ever had a problem with the game in all the time I've spent with the game. Not Stockholm Syndrome. Taking a moment to gain a better perspective on it all, and being more reasonable about it. Not jumping to demand free things.
But hey, still out of reasonable arguments again I see with the end of your message. Keep on swinging though buddy

"Oh? You can't? You can't take off and fly? You can't accept missions? You can't asteroid mine? You can't go collect bounties? You literally can't load up and do anything in the game? Well..this is certainly new information sir."

you forgot...You can't access content that was given for FREE after having access prior? That your game has been basically cut in half, that we've removed your mid to end game content after giving it to you for FREE.

We are not wanting more free , we want the content that we previously had, returned. This language is inflammatory and mischaracterizes the problem. In fact the case of the physical copy I purchased says "Legendary Edition includes Horizons season pass".

It is my opinion that code in the game meant to prevent piracy (sharing) is working as intended. That each purchase of ED is allowed one account to access Horizons, all alts will have to purchase Horizons separately. That if you purchased a pre-owned physical copy say from game stop, amazon, ebay etc, you are not the original owner, and when you registered it with Frontier they know this. Why we were giving access to Horizons in the first place was probably caused when the dlc was rolled into the game.

It is very frustrating, because I love this game and want to continue playing as before. It has been six weeks for me since losing access to Horizons content (that was originally given to me for FREE) and honestly, cuts the legs out from under this game, as I have reached mid to end game content. I am trying to stay with the game, but I fear there will not be a fix, as this is intended.

customer feedback, PS console player.
Will I pay additional money to regain access, no. Would I recommend this game to my gamer group, no. Would I consider purchasing Odyssey...no

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom