Any teamwork driven CMDRs in Valheim?

Forgive if this post is inappropriate for whatever reasons; do as seen fit. (edit- thanks for moving to the proper forum 👍) But I could really use some Elite Dangerous awesomesauce in another game I'm playing, Valheim. It's a viking crafty survival thing that I think really really really needs teamwork, similar to ED IMO. I've seen good teamwork happen several times at recent CGs and I was hoping to connect with northmen CMDRs and experience the same thing elsewhere. If you think ED has a ganker problem, check out one of the public servers for this game lol

o7 and skål

Last edited:
Been messing around in Valheim with a couple of mates...as much I despise survival games as a whole, Valheim has taken all the completely rubbish stuff out and kept all the good bits. A very, very good game...even better that you can set a private server up for co-op with yer mates.

I thought about a server, then realized I would have it all to myself hmm lol All my mates are attached to console games. Bah. I guess it just feels like I'm playing ED solo when there is a bigger/better way to play.

I hauled so much food for the Marlinists, I can do the same for you! Let me know if you have room for one more :D

edit-

I also wanted to agree with the lack of rubbish and the typical grind that seems the norm in these survival games. They broke the mold, and for at least now in the early stages, it is marvelously simplified and so playable.

I read that the designers were inspired by The Legend of Zelda and I think that shines through elegantly.

Last edited:
Found a good video about Valheim...I seriously do recommend this game. I'm having a blast with a couple of mates in shared servers...we each have one as a personal solo base but the ability to jump in either server with friends along to help. It really is very, very good.

Last edited:
Been playing this for a few days, testing it out for a group of us who tend to play co-op PvE dungeon crawlers/FPS - not much choice in this area for groups of 5+. I think that it might be too complicated for some of us, but it is good fun.

Recently a troll decided to attack my base every day... so the last couple of days have been repairing the base only to have the troll re-appear and smush it again :( Think I need to git gud ;)

Found a good video about Valheim...I seriously do recommend this game. I'm having a blast with a couple of mates in shared servers...we each have one as a personal solo base but the ability to jump in either server with friends along to help. It really is very, very good.

Ah, i see YouTube now allows you to search for videos in the Scottish language! :D

Been keeping an eye on it, quite tempted to get it for me and the kids.

Been playing this for a few days, testing it out for a group of us who tend to play co-op PvE dungeon crawlers/FPS - not much choice in this area for groups of 5+. I think that it might be too complicated for some of us, but it is good fun.

Recently a troll decided to attack my base every day... so the last couple of days have been repairing the base only to have the troll re-appear and smush it again :( Think I need to git gud ;)
I empathize. I went through the same build up/smash down until I scouted around and found there was a troll cave very close to my camp on the border of the meadows and his black forest. I swear, that damn troll would wait till I was done rebuilding and when I went out to crush boar families... Anyway I just moved my base out of his sight and he left me alone. Eventually he became my casual source for light armor :)

Alright, against my better judgment I've made a "public" server for CMDRs to come and hopefully get some stuff done.

Please, the only trolls I want are the big blue bastages that are already in-game.

It's not on the community server list as it is not 24/7 dedicated yet. I tend to leave the game running so it should be relatively available. Feel free to drop in at 162.254.195.71:27036

Currently restarting a character but I just lost all my items during a showdown with a troll in his cave to a game bug that seems prevalent. Strangely I am undaunted and am going to take it out on that metal elk ASAP.

:beats axe on shield over and over again:

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm toying with the idea of trying it out. How does it work? Do I have to join a server?
Without setting up a dedicated server, it works fine peer to peer with some mates, set up a server from the menu, give it a name and password for your mates to easily find it and off you go. It's also drop in, drop out and all your personal gear you craft or earn stays with you no matter where you play. Solo mode is just that.

If I start a solo session - can I open it up later to MP?
Yup, all done through the start menu.

I'm trying...and failing miserably...to tame some wild boar so I can put them in a pen near my house. I managed to cultivate some carrots, turnips and barley, got some beehives for the honey...got the pen built for the piggies but they're not very cooperative at all. I think I'd have better luck taming one of the trolls...need a much bigger pen though :rolleyes:

The game has been out merely a fortnight and already some industrious chaps are making my smallish hut with a fence look like some tramps hovel...you can get to disliking the design and building talents of some people :D

Last edited:
Some design choices I actually like...if you have a fire or hearth in your house, you need to add a chimney or you'll choke to death...if you don't add a covering for the chimney, the rain will keep putting the fire out...I got passed the info from one of my mates after whining on the server that my fire kept going out ..

Yup, all done through the start menu.

I'm trying...and failing miserably...to tame some wild boar so I can put them in a pen near my house. I managed to cultivate some carrots, turnips and barley, got some beehives for the honey...got the pen built for the piggies but they're not very cooperative at all. I think I'd have better luck taming one of the trolls...need a much bigger pen though :rolleyes:

The game has been out merely a fortnight and already some industrious chaps are making my smallish hut with a fence look like some tramps hovel...you can get to disliking the design and building talents of some people :D

I was waiting for a troll to come along half way through and smash it to bits :D

(now I'll feel double-bad as I log back in to the half-a-hovel that I'm living in as I prepare for the next troll attack ;) )

Top Bottom