Any teamwork driven CMDRs in Valheim?

More puzzling was how quickly I died. It was like 1-hit kill by wolf and I really dont think I had my food run out (though that happened before). It was just a stroll out to clear the skelingtons from a nearby ruin and look at the camp if there was some Moder location stone. I have wolf stuff armour, sometimes I think armour just doesn't cut it. I did however cheap out on the 3rd food because I'm such a cheapskate and the onions aren't ripe yet.
It depends on the tier of the wolf, some of them are brutal, and gawd help you if two or three corner you.

I was in a similar situation to you a while back, and died at sea when a serpent sank my raft.

I was so fed up, and not having fun any more, that I opted for the cheat codes.

I was in a similar situation to you a while back, and died at sea when a serpent sank my raft.

I was so fed up, and not having fun any more, that I opted for the cheat codes.
I rafted once over to the next island. I was in bronze age doing my chores and it drove me nuts had to do it really often, every time degrading a bit more. Mooks had trashed my parked karve and night fell and it went all downhill in the kohutabohu. But getting remote place without portal was worst. This is similar but with the initial stone ring respawn it should be kinda breeze. But yeah at sea - that really sucks.

I also feel creeped out a lot more by the sounds. Ihave yet to dare go to mountain at night.
There are more wolves out at night, or so it seems to me. Great when hunting and ready for a fight, not so much at other times.

What impresses me are the atmopherics, they've done an amazingly good job with the weather. My particular 'faveorite' being a thick mist coming up just as you approach a Fuling camp... 'oh goody' I always mumble, just before backing away slowly and quietly.

Two things that really irks are the inability to open a door or chest when using a tool (a mod fixed this), and the inability to take refined metal through the portals that do allowed implements made from refined metal. I just cheat-spawn* as frankly I want to have fun when playing a game.

* On every map I do things properly the first time, eg finding, mining, transporting silver and black metal. After that tbh 'life's too short', and besides, that new camp/farm/castle/cabin won't build itself.

There are more wolves out at night, or so it seems to me. Great when hunting and ready for a fight, not so much at other times.

What impresses me are the atmopherics, they've done an amazingly good job with the weather. My particular 'faveorite' being a thick mist coming up just as you approach a Fuling camp... 'oh goody' I always mumble, just before backing away slowly and quietly.

Two things that really irks are the inability to open a door or chest when using a tool (a mod fixed this), and the inability to take refined metal through the portals that do allowed implements made from refined metal. I just cheat-spawn* as frankly I want to have fun when playing a game.

* On every map I do things properly the first time, eg finding, mining, transporting silver and black metal. After that tbh 'life's too short', and besides, that new camp/farm/castle/cabin won't build itself.
Yeah, I do the world transportation service, too. Life IS too short for that indeed. But I never use any "creative modes" in these games. I did use it in Space Engineers, but for prototyping a blueprint and proofing it. Then I would spawn them in the live game and build them with "bare hands". I overall rate the game very high, it is just with the visuals I feel they went over the top with fogs and mists and obscuring sight in general. It's a pain to navigate on water and see clearly most of the time. A clear day is very rare. I love the storms though and it's a blast to ride the waves in a nightly storm.

Yeah, I do the world transportation service, too. Life IS too short for that indeed. But I never use any "creative modes" in these games. I did use it in Space Engineers, but for prototyping a blueprint and proofing it. Then I would spawn them in the live game and build them with "bare hands". I overall rate the game very high, it is just with the visuals I feel they went over the top with fogs and mists and obscuring sight in general. It's a pain to navigate on water and see clearly most of the time. A clear day is very rare. I love the storms though and it's a blast to ride the waves in a nightly storm.

Are you playing with a HD texture pack? The game looks actually decent then. I just love to watch a big storm crashing against my walls, while sitting cozy and warm in front of my camp fire.

Are you playing with a HD texture pack? The game looks actually decent then. I just love to watch a big storm crashing against my walls, while sitting cozy and warm in front of my camp fire.
I've not tried but wondered about getting one, although I quiet like the simple style visuals they have. Did you see a hit in performance?

One of the pleasures I get is building on and around a ruin, without fixing too much of it. Similarly building in the terrain can lead to some quite nice designs. Both helps reduce the 'boring box' syndrome, although some of them have ended up as monstrosities.... so......

Last edited:
I've not tried but wondered about getting one, although I quiet like the simple style visuals they have. Did you see a hit in performance?

One of the pleasures I get is building on and around a ruin, without fixing too much of it. Similarly building in the terrain can lead to some quite nice designs. Both helps reduce the 'boring box' syndrome, although some of them have ended up as monstrosities.... so......

No, I did not see any hit in performance, but that would probably depend on the hardware anyway.

The explored map so far (we're three players)
Q2FtYQM.jpg

Front view of the main building
UyN7niW.jpg

Backyard with Beehives and smelting
YzLMa2d.jpg

Gate to the Pier
n9YfXOJ.jpg

Downstairs
zL7fzK7.jpg

Upstairs
AqiOeTr.jpg

Solved. Destroyed the bed and got back to base. It was really just the bed, lol. I actually did set the portal right. Could see the point of shame frome the camp ruin and kill one of the buggers with a bow. Used old gear for the run. Thx for the hint with the bed.
Was ten's mountain too, nithing there.

No, I did not see any hit in performance, but that would probably depend on the hardware anyway.

The explored map so far (we're three players)
Q2FtYQM.jpg

I've opted for short-hand for my maps. BC burial chamber, FE Iron, CU copper, etc, else my maps become even mopre hellish to read than they already are. I wish that there was a broader selection of icons to place. On maps where I mark 'more than four' bushes with a spot, the maps become an absolute mess especially when zoomed out!

Has anyone tried the new fishing bait recipes? I can't be bothered and seem like grind for the sake of grind.

Last edited:
Top Bottom