Any way to use my PC game rank/ship on my new x-box one account please?

:S I was hoping that I would be able to use my ship and rank ive earned on my PC version of the game on my X-box one. I did link accounts but ive still had to start again on the X-box one. Will this change in the future? Thanks.

:S I was hoping that I would be able to use my ship and rank ive earned on my PC version of the game on my X-box one. I did link accounts but ive still had to start again on the X-box one. Will this change in the future? Thanks.

The hope is that once it goes "live" and we are in the same shared galaxy, they will let us use our saves across platforms. They really, really need to do this

Agreed wholeheartedly with this request.

How would this work with the friends list though? As there is no crossplay they'd need to implement two seperate friends lists in game, as well as possible two group lists.

The hope is that once it goes "live" and we are in the same shared galaxy, they will let us use our saves across platforms. They really, really need to do this

Based on all the info I have gathered on this game ahead of joining the beta test for XB1, there are NO PLANS for cross-play. There has often been talk of such things with other games such as GTA5 for example, but there was far too many obstacles to overcome to be a viable option. MS tends to avoid such complications with Xbox Live as does SONY with PSN, not to mention the vast differences between the console controls and the various PC controls available. The latter which would give a definite advantage to PC gamers over console gamers. But the biggest stumbling block is the different gaming networks involved. None are designed to work with each other, but are instead "Closed" systems dedicated and optimized for their own console hardware.

There are also likely going to be enough differences between the XB1 version and the PC/Mac versions by release that the game mechanics will no longer sync well if mashed up.

While it might be fun, the chances are far greater that it would be a major train wreck, and I don't think anyone is willing to risk that kind of bad press and ill will these days. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

That said...The galaxy state WILL BE a shared experience with ALL platforms contributing to the political stability of various factions, and the overall state of everything in the game. That is much more easily shared cross platform since it involves much simpler systems. Primarily data bases.

Last edited:
Based on all the info I have gathered on this game ahead of joining the beta test for XB1, there are NO PLANS for cross-play. There has often been talk of such things with other games such as GTA5 for example. MS tends to avoid such complications with Xbox Live as does SONY with PSN, not to mention the vast differences between the console controls and the various PC controls available. The latter which would give a definite advantage to PC gamers over console gamers. But the biggest stumbling block is the different gaming networks involved. None are designed to work with each other, but are instead "Closed" systems dedicated and optimized for their own console hardware.

There are also likely going to be enough differences between the XB1 version and the PC/Mac versions by release that the game mechanics will no longer sync well if mashed up.

While it might be fun, the chances are far greater that it would be a major train wreck, and I don't think anyone is willing to risk that kind of bad press and ill will these days. ;)
I don't know about others but I haven't seen a manuver yet on PC vid's on YT that I can't perform on my Xbox(and I have been testing the controll inequality accusation myself for most of Friday), except for flying with just FA-Off on(which doesn't seem to give an advantage on PC anyway).

Not sure if you are aware or not, but since the XB1 version is considered a PRE release, there is a very strong possibility that any progress you make in the Preview release will be WIPED ahead of the full release. I've been told that Frontier is still undecided about this particular point, but speaking as someone who has beta tested dozens of games over the last two decades, it is far more common to see all progress in the beta program wiped clean ahead of public release, than to be allowed to retain that progress. In fact, I can count them on one hand. Not all fingers needed. ;)

Something to think about for all those who are playing 12 hours a day for the soul purpose to getting as far in the game as possible. My advice would be to slow down and smell the roses. Cause whatever you are working on in the beta, you are more than likely going to get a chance to do those things all over again in a few months. ;)

Last edited:
I don't know about others but I haven't seen a manuver yet on PC vid's on YT that I can't perform on my Xbox(and I have been testing the controll inequality accusation myself for most of Friday), except for flying with just FA-Off on(which doesn't seem to give an advantage on PC anyway).

I would tend to agree with you at the present moment in the game's development. The controls have been nicely mapped to the XB1 controller. Better than I actually expected in this first build. But the incredibly laggy rendering engine was something I was not expecting. Especially from a game that if you count Alpha has been around for well over 4 years. Over one year of that time as a public retail release on PC and later Mac. Not sure how much worse the XB1 frame rates are than a powerful PC, but that would certainly tilt the advantage to the PC side.

Hopefully all moot, cause I certainly hope that Frontier understands that releasing ED with anything remotely approaching a bad frame rate is basically akin to putting a shotgun in the console version's mouth and pulling the trigger. ED would never survive the low review scores, and it would more than likely take the entire fragile genre along with it.

But aside from concerns over why the game continues to struggle rendering about 30% of the graphical content GTA5 can do 100% of on the exact same hardware and locked at 30fps, I think the primary reason we are never going to see cross-play comes down to network incompatibility issues. Makes my head hurt even trying to think of how things like voice chat and messaging could ever be made to work together across the various gaming services.

Last edited:
Using a ship/rank from the PC version is very different to cross play. I can't see why it couldn't be done.

Must have misread one of the previous posts... Could have sworn there was a request to play with other platforms, but now I don't see that text. ??

I agree with your comment on just a save file migration. Just migrating your save file's progress to another platform isn't that big a deal. Not sure if the file formats between the two are vastly different. I would expect them to be rather similar these days considering how close to a PC the XB1 is becoming.

I played on the PC beta and saved games were wiped more than once. We are all basically testing the game out to help FD get ready for release. On the last wipe they did warn us it would be the last one. It was the best they could do.

Last edited:
Top Bottom