Anyone else preping a Ship for the Thargoid's?

I'm fiddling with modifications for my warships - Vulture and Anaconda. Don't enjoy PvP but I do hope to fight for Humanity. Python and AspX are also being heavily modded but not in a strictly warship manner.

I'm not preparing a special ship for the Thargoids. And how could I, without the actual availability of dedicated anti-Thargoid-weapons?

What I did, however, was pre-engineering and storing an A-rated grade 5 'dirty' thruster for my future Corvette.
Who knows, what will happen to poor Prof. Palin? He dwells right where the poo will hit the fan, after all ...
And I'll hurry to do the same for my already bought ships that aren't engineered accordingly so far (my new FdL and soon a second Vulture).

I have three ship's staged in Merope.Sidewinder, Viper MK111, Viper MK1V. Because I'm not sure what ship will be best. Plus I'm working on getting parts for Palin. Grade 5 drives the Sidewinder boosts 530 and she ain't done yet.The Viper 111 boosts 512 I think. I'm currently trying to finish Fed rank to get the Corvette. Also I'm PC.

Last edited:
I have three ship's staged in Merope.Sidewinder, Viper MK111, Viper MK1V. Because I'm not sure what ship will be best. Plus I'm working on getting parts for Palin. Grade 5 drives the Sidewinder boosts 530 and she ain't done yet.The Viper 111 boosts 512 I think. I'm currently trying to finish Fed rank to get the Corvette. Also I'm PC.

well if they can catch me in my courier (the Impotent Rage) at 740 then they deserve the kill.

Last edited:
I'm waiting for more info, before I outfit a ship to fight Thargoids. I just don't see a need to do that yet.

I'm waiting for more info, before I outfit a ship to fight Thargoids. I just don't see a need to do that yet.

Pretty much this ... weve already been told that our equipment is basically useless against them and they can shut down our systems at will (not sure on range). Speed is king till we know more ;)

• Like (+1)
Reactions: NW3
Pretty much this ... weve already been told that our equipment is basically useless against them and they can shut down our systems at will (not sure on range). Speed is king till we know more ;)

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise.... I'll come in again."

In this next version we won't build our new ship, we'll grow it on a planet. The big grind will come when we have to literally grind the new ship out of the ground with a small spoon attachment Frontier will give us for our SRVs. ;)

Last edited:
At this point I would be willing to give the entire Thargoid fleet a friendly reach-around just to get my hands on the Clipper.

I am too busy grind rep to care about them at the moment lol

I have not bothered even preparing to spend time and credits on changing stuff on my ships for the cut scenes. Having searched for, and never found a single Thargoid, I doubt they actually exist for my instance, wherever that may be, so I won't bother until I ACTUALLY see them for myself. When/If I see one, I will BSR to the nearest Engineer hencewith!

I put together an engineered explorer fitted with specialized equipment for light shields, armor, and weapons, all waiting for something like this. Kitted to explore deep space yet beat any current NPC with ease, with minimal FSD loss yet excellent protection and reusable attack power for what it is.

It's complete overkill for now since exploration as it stands is the opposite of dangerous, but if Thargoids or some other form of content gets added that makes deep space interesting it will be ready.

Remember when we were warned not to go exploring while weaponless? That was what, 9 months ago? Whatever became of that?

OP, i've been prepping for Thargoids since i got the game, but we all know it's a largely pointless endeavour until 2.4 is released. Even then, prepare to wait a couple months for anti Thargoid weaponry to be produced.

Remember when we were warned not to go exploring while weaponless? That was what, 9 months ago? Whatever became of that?

OP, i've been prepping for Thargoids since i got the game, but we all know it's a largely pointless endeavour until 2.4 is released. Even then, prepare to wait a couple months for anti Thargoid weaponry to be produced.

As it seems, 10 more engineers are already in preparation (check eddb.io | Factions | Government = 'Engineer'), I'm fairly sure these will play a role, too.

O7,
[noob]

Well I also built it because I don't like the idea of being weaponless ever. Haven't really used it though since exploration currently lacks gameplay, but once/if additional content is added it will be ready. (After I brush off the cobwebs anyway)

Top Bottom