Anyone ever played a boring game?

Or even a silly game. I'm in China and it seems like all the video games people like to play are these cheap looking 2D flash games. Today I saw my wife's nephew staring at the computer and it looked like he was just pushing the same button on the keyboard over and over as fast as he could. He was doing it for hours... What's the worst game you have ever played?

Also, what is this "candy crush" that I get like 5 invites on FB a day to play?

Candy Crush - avoid like plague. Its a reasonable game to pass a few boring moment in office but its very much a Pay to Play model after you get certain distance in it.

I don't tend to play games that I'm not interested in beforehand there are very few that i've bought on a complete whim so its unlikely I wont enjoy or be bored by any particular game. One that does spring to mind would probably be the Titanfall Multiplayer, just didn't grip me at all.

God yeah. I gave up on CoD after playing modern warfare years ago. Spawn run run run shoot die spawn run run run die.

Rubbish single player too.

At a friend's house on xbox he tried to get me to play some CoD type thing. I spawned, died. Spawned, died. Spawned, died. Couldn't see the point after that.

Then we went to the pub.

I tried the latest one whilst round a friends house recently, it was so boring compared to the old shooters, this was instant gratification at its worst.

What I couldnt understand is that you spent the first five minutes being told about this amazing armour you were going to be wearing and then you proceed into the game only to be killed in one or two shots, I'd rather of been naked!

It will be a odd one but Dragon Age Inquisition - I couldn't get in to the story at all, I didn't care about any of the characters, UI gave me a headache... so I wandered around aimlessly looking at pretty graphics and I finally quit.

The most boring game I've played recently was Diablo 3, can't really think of anything else that failed to excite me as much in the last few years.

I was in a weird place when I played through Wizardry 8. I was obsessed with min/maxing and just focused on that while ignoring the story. Probably some psycho-babble about grasping for control or whatever. Trying to play it again and just find myself completely bored with the game.

Minonian

Banned
I did! Once... Deleted the game jumped up and down for some its diskette, and after that i drunk enough for blackout. So sorry! But i forgot what was that? :D

Gears of War 2 and 3. Rail shooters at its best. So incredibly boring I couldn't even sit still.
Loved the first game though.

Minonian

Banned
Ok... be a more serious about it?

There was The last Episode of Tiberian series, that was an entire hour of my life i never get back! To waste a second more to that?! Even those hour was too much time spent.

In the other hand, i don't understand why No man sky is threated so badly! I played with it for some week, and i think it's a good game, with some great ideas, altrough i must admit after a while the exploration routine turns out to be dull. This is the only real weakness and problem i found in it. You get the stuff too easily, and just to keep going is a little monotone.

What i found good about it? Graphics, and the you must learn the aliens language and culture idea?

Last edited:
I once played Birthright: The Gorgon's Alliance. I'm pretty sure that qualified as boring and to this day I still don't understand some of it. That and Descent to Undermountain.

The only truly rubbish & boring games I've played are on the phone.

The best phone game wasn't originally a phone game, X-Com: blah, it's awesome and runs amazingly on the iPhone/iPad.

Boring is obviously an opinion. I'd happily sit for hours playing the computer at Risk, I'd spend hours running the same challenge on some sport (snowboard/skate) game to get gold & the record...

Most boring game I ever played, well that would be football, the real version, you know when you have to go out in the cold in shorts and T-Shirt and run about like an idiot.

Recently i think the worst game i have played is that cryengine game whi h launched with xbox 1 erm...... Ryse

So little playability. I picked up on pc for maybe 2 quid.

It wasnt even that bad. In all honesty we dont get bad games any more like ghostbusters on the spectrum or ET on the atari 2600

Top Bottom