Anyone got an Alt to scan the new station in Stuemeae FG-Y d7561 ?

Sounds like it's already there, but not in EDSM yet ;)

https://community.elitedangerous.com/galnet/uid/5c49df243ae87a3c8b359a08

"Success for Distant Worlds Initiative
24 JAN 3305

A request for mined materials from the Omega Mining Corporation has concluded.

Independent pilots delivered large quantities of Indite, Gallite, Praseodymium and Cobalt which will be used to build an Orbis starport in the Stuemeae FG-Y d7561 system. The starport will serve as a centre for scientific research, gathering data on the supermassive black hole at the galaxy’s centre.

Erimus Kamzel, the Distant Worlds project leader, commented:

“It is with great pride that we announce the successful conclusion to this resource-extraction initiative. The fleet will now continue its journey, and is scheduled to reach the galactic core in several weeks’ time.”

Contributors to the campaign can now collect their rewards from Omega Mining Operation in the Omega Sector VE-Q b5-15 system."

Oh wow. I don't have an alt out there, but I'm not averse to the idea of just flying a quick round trip over the weekend or something. I'm sure someone can beat me to it though.

Oh wow. I don't have an alt out there, but I'm not averse to the idea of just flying a quick round trip over the weekend or something. I'm sure someone can beat me to it though.

There's nothing to see there yet, and won't be for quite a while. The first stage station core doesn't get placed until after we've left WP6 :)

There's nothing to see there yet, and won't be for quite a while. The first stage station core doesn't get placed until after we've left WP6 :)

Good to know. And I'm assuming everything's tagged already too. :)

2019-01-24%2019-09-37%20Omega%20Sector%20VE-Q%20b5-15.jpg

:S :( :O :eek: [where is it] (You two are very, very naughty !!!)

Mind blown! :eek: :D

The story behind it is the system is ideal for a science station due to its proximity to Sag-A* (you can actually see Sag A* from there!), and the fact it has a WW and ELW (both great for future content maybe), but its not a very good system for a basecamp/waypoint as there is a poor choice of landables, and they're quite far from the jump-in point. So WP7 is somewhere else in the core, but not too far away :)

Last edited:
I'm sure none of the waypoints were chosen randomly, so I don't expect to make any first discoveries there. Station can't be blindly thrown into a non-discovered system either, right? Waypoints are about the voyage and community, I'll do my exploration off route.

And when someone lands at the station then it will have that too, which was the point of the thread ;) I guess we should trust Erimus over Galnet though!
Galnet says "which will be used to build" - future tense - so is also perfectly consistent with the station not being there yet.

Galnet says "which will be used to build" - future tense - so is also perfectly consistent with the station not being there yet.

Yeah, and I realised I was being dense - the galmap tells you the population even if you have no map data, so you can see that the station is not there yet.

I think I skipped that sentence and just read: "The starport will serve as a centre for scientific research, gathering data on the supermassive black hole at the galaxy’s centre." - which reads differently, but not correctly :)

Top Bottom