Anyone want to go thargoid hunting?

Add xela-12 on PS4
I will be playing in my private group from 9pm U.K. Time today and I have a mic.

I'll be doing ax combat zones and most likely running away during the first interceptor wave unless they're both the 4 heart variant.

For now I'm using an all large ax multicannon hull brick anaconda to kill scouts but if anyone joins I'll switch to 2 gauss 2 multicannon 2 flak with a lance fighter.

DeletedUser191218

D
Hey. I missed your call on friday but will drop a friend request for future Thargoid hunting expeditions.

Thanks, I added you but all the systems that were under incursion this week have been cleared of thargoids and the combat zones have disappeared. I'll be doing it again from Thursday.

DeletedUser191218

D
Thanks, I added you but all the systems that were under incursion this week have been cleared of thargoids and the combat zones have disappeared. I'll be doing it again from Thursday.

Yeah I noticed. I'll catch you when there's Thargoid stuff going on.

Thargoid hunting does not end when the AX zones end..
There are 5-6 systems under Infested each week... this allows you to hunt thargoids all week long...
The Eagle eye warning system generates upto 6 systems that are going to have thargoids in them...

DeletedUser191218

D
Thargoid hunting does not end when the AX zones end..
There are 5-6 systems under Infested each week... this allows you to hunt thargoids all week long...
The Eagle eye warning system generates upto 6 systems that are going to have thargoids in them...

Not seeing any infested systems just now. They've all gone on summer holiday.

you been to all 6 then
EE1: HIP 12155
EE2: Rasaste
EE3: Medzist
EE4: Carpaka
EE5: Hoff
EE6: Wakandiini
@Rambojambo is correct. ATM you'll only find Thargoids via NHSS in the incurred systems. Infestation has only been lasting one to two days recently. FDev won't add extra Thargoids despite repeated requests, guess there're too many AX CMDRs now.

DeletedUser191218

D
Probably a silly question - i only returned recently, but weren't infested systems in galnet once upon a time? Do they show there or do you have to use Eagle Eye yourself (or third party source such as AXI/Canonn)?

Probably a silly question - i only returned recently, but weren't infested systems in galnet once upon a time? Do they show there or do you have to use Eagle Eye yourself (or third party source such as AXI/Canonn)?
Factabulous has an ongoing thread that lists them, updated every Thursday.

Not any more infested are only decoded via eagle eye users now and are not displayed in game... this allows those users who want to learn to use eagle eye to avoid spoilers...
Incursions system that happen due to failure to stop infested from being over run by thargoid are displayed each week and updated daily in galnet..
Infested are displayed by eagle eye turn in to incursion systems a week later and then the stations in system die..
if the infested system don't even spawn enough thargoids to allow defenders to stop the status change then there is no point doing infested then and they will auto fail..
But that makes the topic run by Factabulous pointless then as infested will auto convert to incursion...

Last edited:
So far all of my attempts at Thargoid Massacre missions have led to a crash and the CE-34878-0 error message on PS4. I've mostly given up on AX stuff, it's insane how bugged it all is.

So far all of my attempts at Thargoid Massacre missions have led to a crash and the CE-34878-0 error message on PS4. I've mostly given up on AX stuff, it's insane how bugged it all is.
NHSS were working last week I jumped around 3 infested systems on wednesday killing scouts in NHSS... but the 3 systems still fell to thargoids any way...

Im out doing mega ship protection detail this week so can't check today... that standard 878 error is standard game crash code never tellls you what from.. bad packet data.. to lag... to fed server crashing all gen the single error code as they all cause game crashes...
Edit = Tested and the instance loaded with no issues jumped by the large thargoid and the explorer phantom was destroyed in less 30 seconds so yep its working fine here...

Last edited:
If you want to fight thargoids but don't want to go all the way out the bubble completely head to ...
EE1 location for NHSS interceptor and scouts in level 6 NHSS...
D98hJVxWsAAGNdQ

Last edited:
NHSS were working last week I jumped around 3 infested systems on wednesday killing scouts in NHSS... but the 3 systems still fell to thargoids any way...

Im out doing mega ship protection detail this week so can't check today... that standard 878 error is standard game crash code never tellls you what from.. bad packet data.. to lag... to fed server crashing all gen the single error code as they all cause game crashes...
Edit = Tested and the instance loaded with no issues jumped by the large thargoid and the explorer phantom was destroyed in less 30 seconds so yep its working fine here...
NHSS work just fine for me too, like I said it's the massacre missions for Interceptors that crash.

Top Bottom