[INDEPENDENT] [AOD] Angels of Death | Multi-Game Clan with Over 3000 Members | PvE, BGS (In-Game Faction), PvP (No Murder / Griefing)

I don’t see any application on our forum sammy3. Did you verify the email you used for registering?
This was a long time ago. I had moved on from Elite then and am now coming back for the carriers. I was looking at recruitment ads when i saw AOD on top. You have to go a while back to find my app. Im pretty sure if i applied again, I would be rejected with no explanation this time too.

This was a long time ago. I had moved on from Elite then and am now coming back for the carriers. I was looking at recruitment ads when i saw AOD on top. You have to go a while back to find my app. Im pretty sure if i applied again, I would be rejected with no explanation this time too.

Well considering I am one of the officers in the squadron I can guarantee that will not happen. At the very least we would give you an explanation!

Thanks, But i really don't want to go be denied again. I used to be in AOD back when Janirus was Division head. I probably still have some ships with AOD tags around. I am just here to give potential recruits another perspective. AOD is a very large organization with a ton of rules. There is mandatory participation requirements across three platforms including their own forums, Teamspeak, and in game. This is a organization with a lot of structure and rules. Its not just a group of ppl who want to play games. It really is different from all the other squadrons here and i want people to understand that.

Don't get me wrong, everyone I met in AOD is great but the bureaucracy behind the large gaming organization was frustrating. As an example: if you are taking a break from the game. You will have to fill out a leave request form like a real job. You are expected to state reasons why you are requesting leave and dates when you can come back. It is nuts but also the baggage that comes with being a division of such a large organization.

Overall i think there are some players that will enjoy AOD. But I want everyone to understand that this "squadron" is very different from all the other Elite dangerous squadrons. They are much more than just Elite dangerous. If that sounds like what you are looking for and you don't mind the participation requirements, then you will love AOD.

I just wanted to post this in a neutral place where it cannot be deleted or locked by the whims of certain Officers.

Well I for one would not deny you your opinion. You never mentioned initially you were a former AOD member that was denied upon reapplying, but it is not important to the message you were trying to get across.
Your description of the clan and division is fairly accurate, a couple of discrepancies, but requirements likely changed since you were with us. LOA’s are not a form to fill in anymore, just a little chat with an officer with your reasons and expected date of return. Also there is no obligation to play the game to remain a member, forum activity and being on TS when playing are the only 2 requirements.

Like I said though a rather accurate description of our clan. As you say, it is not for everyone. Here on these forums though readers will find lots of opportunities for finding the right squadron for them. Lots of great people here that I have come to know and if a member came to me about leaving AOD I would gladly recommend at least a half dozen other Squadrons based on those individuals I have met through this awesome community.
I hope you find a great home o7

Thanks, But i really don't want to go be denied again. I used to be in AOD back when Janirus was Division head. I probably still have some ships with AOD tags around. I am just here to give potential recruits another perspective. AOD is a very large organization with a ton of rules. There is mandatory participation requirements across three platforms including their own forums, Teamspeak, and in game. This is a organization with a lot of structure and rules. Its not just a group of ppl who want to play games. It really is different from all the other squadrons here and i want people to understand that.

Don't get me wrong, everyone I met in AOD is great but the bureaucracy behind the large gaming organization was frustrating. As an example: if you are taking a break from the game. You will have to fill out a leave request form like a real job. You are expected to state reasons why you are requesting leave and dates when you can come back. It is nuts but also the baggage that comes with being a division of such a large organization.

Overall i think there are some players that will enjoy AOD. But I want everyone to understand that this "squadron" is very different from all the other Elite dangerous squadrons. They are much more than just Elite dangerous. If that sounds like what you are looking for and you don't mind the participation requirements, then you will love AOD.

I just wanted to post this in a neutral place where it cannot be deleted or locked by the whims of certain Officers.

Hi Sammy,

I don't know why you would have been rejected when applying and not given a reason -- we always will discuss issues on the application with potential recruits. The only way I'd decline an application and not give a reason would be if you used extremely inappropriate language in your application or made threats against someone. If you have a link to the application or your exact username, I can take a look for you. I looked for a user called "sammy3" in our forums and our backend and didn't find an account.

We have active 3000 members across all of AOD, so we do have some requirements for people to maintain active membership status. If we kept everyone as an active member regardless of if they're playing, then we'd have close to 39,000 members -- so we need to prune inactive people to keep the organization manageable for our officers. The requirements to maintain an active membership are simply to make a post in the forums every 30 days -- so it's fine to take a break from the game as long as you let us know you still want to be a member by making a post anywhere you want on the forums. The LOA feature is most commonly used by our members who are serving in the military and on deployment with zero access to the internet -- though we do see other uses for it from time to time.

We're different from other ED squadrons in that we're a multi-game clan with over 2 decades of history and close to 3000 weekly active members. We offer all our members the option to play in events for any of our supported games, so in that way we're different. If you're looking for a gaming community, then we're what you're looking for -- but we do need people to participate at least 12 times a year in that community for us to know they still want to be a part of it.

I'm happy to work with you to get you playing with us if you're interested. Again, I have no idea what happened to your application last time and the division is run by completely different people now.

Cheers and fly safe!
o7 CMDR

Hi Sammy,

I don't know why you would have been rejected when applying and not given a reason -- we always will discuss issues on the application with potential recruits. The only way I'd decline an application and not give a reason would be if you used extremely inappropriate language in your application or made threats against someone. If you have a link to the application or your exact username, I can take a look for you. I looked for a user called "sammy3" in our forums and our backend and didn't find an account.

We have active 3000 members across all of AOD, so we do have some requirements for people to maintain active membership status. If we kept everyone as an active member regardless of if they're playing, then we'd have close to 39,000 members -- so we need to prune inactive people to keep the organization manageable for our officers. The requirements to maintain an active membership are simply to make a post in the forums every 30 days -- so it's fine to take a break from the game as long as you let us know you still want to be a member by making a post anywhere you want on the forums. The LOA feature is most commonly used by our members who are serving in the military and on deployment with zero access to the internet -- though we do see other uses for it from time to time.

We're different from other ED squadrons in that we're a multi-game clan with over 2 decades of history and close to 3000 weekly active members. We offer all our members the option to play in events for any of our supported games, so in that way we're different. If you're looking for a gaming community, then we're what you're looking for -- but we do need people to participate at least 12 times a year in that community for us to know they still want to be a part of it.

I'm happy to work with you to get you playing with us if you're interested. Again, I have no idea what happened to your application last time and the division is run by completely different people now.

Cheers and fly safe!
o7 CMDR

Hey thanks for reaching out. The application was sent on 05/14/2019. Don't have permissions to access the archives. I don't want to start too much drama. But for some reason I could not start a conversation. We can continue this on discord. Actually you were the recruiter I talked to during the application process. I still have the discord conversation open.

Last edited:
Are you a new player stuck in the stater bubble of systems and looking for some help and advice? Are you a veteran CMDR looking for a direction, some depth to focus on? Are you either of the above, or somewhere in between just looking for some company?

If so, than look no further! I won’t list off all the things we do as I have done previously, let’s just say, if you have thought about doing it, than we have done it.

Come check us out!

Looking for some people to take over space with? Look no further! Angels of Death is a 3000+ member clan spread over multiple divisions, over 115+ now that play Elite Dangerous as their main game, that are always looking for new people to play games with and chat with. If you are looking for some chill people to talk to and literally help take control of our own little bubble of space then you have definitely come to the right thread! Check us out at ClanAOD.net now and come conquer the galaxy with us!

AOD is now the controlling faction of its 25th system with the purchase of Cooper City in LHS 1228. The influence of Angels of Death Corporation is spreading once more, where will it take us next? With AOD space inhabited by 20,346,426,097 people, come help spread the word to other systems of the benefits and fortunes to be made with our glorious Corporation.

Interested in dominating your enemies? Trying to grind out that fat cash for a fleet carrier but getting tired of mindlessly mining by yourself? Well look no further because Angels of Death is always looking for new members to fly with! We are a decently sized player group with members that are active daily, come check us out at ClanAOD.net today!

We now control 25 star systems and have over 120 weekly active members!
Come check us out and never worry about having to play alone again!

Had a very successful Guardian Site visit event last night. 4 members, 2 less than a month into the game were able to gain the necessary materials to craft the Guardian FSD Booster. 3 more of us gained enough blueprints and other components to craft 2-3 more Guardian modules of our choice. Unfortunately my poor driving and lack of foresight to bring a back up SRV meant I was unable to join the 2 members that moved onto another Guardian site to obtain Guardian Weapon blueprints.

All in all we had good fun, we all learned something, including the veteran members. I think we should do it again soon.

Our in-game faction is on the move again. As always we are looking for more pilots to come support our Corporation in its never ending maintenance of our current systems and attempts at expanding it. If your interested or would like to learn, drop us a comment here or apply to our division on our forums.

Our in-game minor faction is now controlling 26 systems and in the process of expanding to another! Where will this one take us?!

We are constantly recruiting here at AOD. Every week we gain new CMDR’s, regardless if you have just picked up this game or are a seasoned veteran, AOD needs you!

Hehe.. I'm guessing the spam join us replys are the requisite 1 post per mth thing?
And teamspeak not discord?
I've never heard of your wing/guild/clan etc.
Have to logon ?
Have to post to forums?
Seems like bgs right here??!
U scare me.
Us independents await your expansion... with eagerness. Yay unrest is afoot again.

Top Bottom