[INDEPENDENT] [AOD] Angels of Death | Multi-Game Clan with Over 3000 Members | PvE, BGS (In-Game Faction), PvP (No Murder / Griefing)

Hehe.. I'm guessing the spam join us replys are the requisite 1 post per mth thing?
And teamspeak not discord?
I've never heard of your wing/guild/clan etc.
Have to logon ?
Have to post to forums?
Seems like bgs right here??!
U scare me.
Us independents await your expansion... with eagerness. Yay unrest is afoot again.
What actually are you trying to say? There are lots of question marks but your questions are not clear. If you would like answers could you please consider rewriting your questions so that they make sense to everyone that may read this!

Hehe.. I'm guessing the spam join us replys are the requisite 1 post per mth thing?
And teamspeak not discord?
I've never heard of your wing/guild/clan etc.
Have to logon ?
Have to post to forums?
Seems like bgs right here??!
U scare me.
Us independents await your expansion... with eagerness. Yay unrest is afoot again.

Hi CMDR Dragsham,

I'd be happy to address your questions!

1. There is no requirement for anyone in AOD to post on these forums. The people who do, are doing so because they enjoy recruiting new members -- not because they're required to.
  2. AOD is too large for a Discord community, we average between 200 and 400 people online at any time (in voice channels). Discord has issues once you start getting past ~100 active in voice chat, therefore it is an unacceptable solution for our needs. We do have a Discord that our members can use for text chat only, but there's no requirement to be in Discord while playing a game and nobody in AOD uses it for voice coms.
  3. Glad you found us here then! Happy to tell you more about us if you have any questions. Start with this page to get some history of AOD: https://www.clanaod.net/history/
  4. I assume you're referring to the requirement to be in TS while playing. We have that requirement for a couple reasons. The first is we're an online community, if you're playing as part of that community and not online, then are you really a part of it? Second, we use TS member activity for metrics around which of our ~20 active gaming divisions are active and of-interest to our members. We've been around for 20 years and we have divisions come and go over that time -- we don't want to keep dead games around. Our Elite Dangerous division is very active and in a growth state, come check us out! :)
  5. As previously stated, we're a large community. We currently have ~3000 active members. Unlike other groups, we only count people active in the last month as current members. If you go a month with no activity, then you're removed as an active member (no worries, members can rejoin at-will if they've been removed for inactivity). The forums are how we track our ~3000 members for activity. Due to our community size and cross-game scope, we need both a unified and straightforward way of tracking member activity -- the forums are how we chose to do that.
  6. We might seem intimidating, but I assure you that we're a very relaxed group who likes to game and have fun. Many times, members will pop into our channels just to chat with their buddies after a long day while other times we'll organize fun events with dozens of participants.
  7. AOD is also an independent faction. We have a corporate government type and are mostly located in LYR space... though we're not a powerplay group.

I hope this answers your questions and hope you fly safe!
o7 CMDR

AOD is always on the lookout for new members. Just had 3 join yesterday of varying experience, but we need more!
Our plans are big, so all help is welcome!

We have had a massive influx of members! Our next division meeting was just organized yesterday for June 6th and now F’Dev have announced Fleet Carriers to be released June 9th. We plan on having a couple of big events to happen after the meeting! Now is the time to join! Let the shenanigans commence!

Now this seems like a good group to join, at least they do stuff. Unlike other groups who say they do and don't.
You would be correct in that. We always have stuff going on. They range from small wing activities to big functions that most of the member participate in. Its a fun place to be honestly.

To give people an idea of what we have going on, this Saturday we have our monthly squadron meeting where we discuss upcoming events and other useful clan things. Following that we are having a squadron wide mining event as a final push for cash prior to Fleet Carriers dropping. We already have a few members that intend on buying them when the first come out. If you are looking to find a group that is active and busy, we are the group for you.

We've got about a dozen within our group and we're making billions off profitable trade routes! Come get in on the fun and make your own riches!

Events coming out of our ears right now!!
The FC update has brought many new faces to us, and also old faces returning. Our activity levels have not been so high in a very long time.
Come join the fun!

Hi CMDR Dragsham,

I'd be happy to address your questions!

1. There is no requirement for anyone in AOD to post on these forums. The people who do, are doing so because they enjoy recruiting new members -- not because they're required to.
  2. AOD is too large for a Discord community, we average between 200 and 400 people online at any time (in voice channels). Discord has issues once you start getting past ~100 active in voice chat, therefore it is an unacceptable solution for our needs. We do have a Discord that our members can use for text chat only, but there's no requirement to be in Discord while playing a game and nobody in AOD uses it for voice coms.
  3. Glad you found us here then! Happy to tell you more about us if you have any questions. Start with this page to get some history of AOD: https://www.clanaod.net/history/
  4. I assume you're referring to the requirement to be in TS while playing. We have that requirement for a couple reasons. The first is we're an online community, if you're playing as part of that community and not online, then are you really a part of it? Second, we use TS member activity for metrics around which of our ~20 active gaming divisions are active and of-interest to our members. We've been around for 20 years and we have divisions come and go over that time -- we don't want to keep dead games around. Our Elite Dangerous division is very active and in a growth state, come check us out! :)
  5. As previously stated, we're a large community. We currently have ~3000 active members. Unlike other groups, we only count people active in the last month as current members. If you go a month with no activity, then you're removed as an active member (no worries, members can rejoin at-will if they've been removed for inactivity). The forums are how we track our ~3000 members for activity. Due to our community size and cross-game scope, we need both a unified and straightforward way of tracking member activity -- the forums are how we chose to do that.
  6. We might seem intimidating, but I assure you that we're a very relaxed group who likes to game and have fun. Many times, members will pop into our channels just to chat with their buddies after a long day while other times we'll organize fun events with dozens of participants.
  7. AOD is also an independent faction. We have a corporate government type and are mostly located in LYR space... though we're not a powerplay group.

I hope this answers your questions and hope you fly safe!
o7 CMDR
WHat's the main kind of activity that you organise? Is it PVP or PVE based?
Are the goals weekly/monthly or something else.
Sorry, not been involved in this kind of think before so don't know what is expected of a member.

WHat's the main kind of activity that you organise? Is it PVP or PVE based?
Are the goals weekly/monthly or something else.
Sorry, not been involved in this kind of think before so don't know what is expected of a member.

Hey Bionic Bytes!

1. The majority of our organized activities and events are PvE based but we do also organize PvP events.
2. We have daily/weekly goals for our in-game faction.
3. What is expected of our members? Any participation in any organized events or activities is NOT mandatory, we want you to play the game the way you want to. We ask that members get involved in our forums, at bare minimum once every 2 weeks, also to be on our TS while in-game (even if that is to be in our force muted quiet room). These 2 things are used by our division to track how active the division is as a whole within our wider clan, to prove our viability as a worthy division within the greater community.

Any other queries, feel free to ask!

To add to Furyans post above, here are some of the things you could expect:
  • Racing events (Ship and SRV races, as well as an SRV Derby
  • Guardian module events (experienced players take out anyone who needs to unlock guardian equipment and shows them the ropes
  • Thargoid hunts
  • Background Simulation activities (targeted mission running and trade routes, conflict zones etc)
  • PvP activities (hunting gankers, duels and other PvP training)

All of these events, and more, are held on a recurring basis, with BGS being an ever-ongoing activity for members to participate in.

Top Bottom