Apex Legends. FtP battle royale

Not exactly my kind of game, but when I hear "Creators of Titanfall" I have an urge to try it. I love Titanfall and something different from the same universe could be fun, too.
Though I know I won't last long (I generally don't enjoy PvP games and BR games in particular) But if the shooting is as fun as TF2 and it's free, why not. :)

It's very good. Had a few games tonight. Very polished indeed and fun. These aren't usually my sort of games, I tried PUBG and it annoyed me but this has a lot of "fun" in it and some nice features that other BR games don't have.

As you say, it's free so it's well worth trying out

It looks like it is team-based, which is an issue for me just wanting to take a look. But this strategy of advertising it to your friends (or finding some online) and then motivating one another to keep playing (especially if money has been spent) will probably work.

The ping mechanic in APEX is one of the best innovations in BR in the last 2 years. Im impressed.

I tried in on Xbox1 and its really good how your teammates communicate to situational pings. The voiced over everything important like "important item found", ""enemy over there" etc etc.. Felt like I didnt even need VOIP at all to have fun at this.

Last edited:
Yes it's a good addition. I also like the 3 player squads as it really makes a difference what class of operator you choose to complement the team

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
Bloody heck, been really a pain to get the game installed/downloaded. All kinds of errors to install ref MS C++ redistributable nonsense in the Origin launcher.

Last edited:
Bloody heck, been really a pain to get the game installed/downloaded. All kinds of errors to install ref MS C++ redistributable nonsense in the Origin launcher.

Recently there has been a flood of problems with updating C++ redist, dot net, etc. on Windows 10.
Microsoft really suck at cummulative updates and at the same time they can't get incremental updates right either. It's embarrassing.

I've run into this about two weeks ago and in the end I had to download the latest ISO and reinstall the whole system, because if you have an installation from older ISO, there is always something that goes wrong while getting the system up to date, afterwards.
Windows Mixed Reality in particular hates incrementally updated system.

Last edited:
It's really funny how Microsoft insists on updates being mandatory, going as far as forcing users to update often without asking them. And yet, they just blow so hard at making it a smooth and reliable process.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
Played my first games yesterday. Managed one kill but have no idea what’s going on :D it’s hella slick and polished though, now I need to learn what to do and how :D

Last edited:
Played my first games yesterday. Managed one kill but have no idea what’s going on :D it’s hella slick and polished though, now I need to learn what to do and how :D

From what I understand the best strategy is pointing the centre of the screen on an enemy player and managing to press the left mouse button in sufficiently timely manner.

Not giving a zipf for BR but what I saw seemed quite innovative and thought-out well. Especially the travelling and team-based abilities. Looks like a strong entry to me. Might do well.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
I still am completely unable to differentiate wapons and add ons, but at least I got an understanding on how to heal myself and others, reviving them at spawn points etc :p sticking to the Lifeline character for now, getting there :D

Last edited:
Lifeline character is always a good crowd pleaser. It's a decent one to choose when getting the idea of the game. Drop your ultimate as often as you can as soon as you can outside of combat, it gives you high level defensive bits.

I've won a few rounds now and it's gradually starting to come together about how it works. Managing inventory is important.

This game is not bad. 3rd run & I am the champ even though I barely did anything.

[video=youtube;AqbIajs9In8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqbIajs9In8[/video]

Finally got around to downloading it. FUmbled around in the menu, looked at the chars and weapons. I'm going to try it tomorrow (It's almost 4am. :D)

Is there any character that is kind of noob-friendly? As I understand it, there is kind of a DPS/Tank/Healer mechanic so what I'm asking, I think, is - is there a character which, when played badly, won't ruin it too much for the whole team? :D :D

Top Bottom