Apex Legends. FtP battle royale

I think you will have a good time with your son playing this as a team. The best way to enjoying Apex is to have a buddies and good communication during the match. Also the only micro - transactions are purely cosmetic, so biggest downside is to have to deal with awful Origin launcher. [haha]

Ugh, yeah, the last thing i really want is another launcher on my system. I disable all of them from auto launching after installation because its just so annoying.

Anyway, if we can rope my daughter into playing we can have a full squad.

Like any Multiplayer team game being in proper comms transforms the experience. You'll enjoy it mate. Have a look at some of the links I posted which might help.

Ugh, yeah, the last thing i really want is another launcher on my system. I disable all of them from auto launching after installation because its just so annoying.

Anyway, if we can rope my daughter into playing we can have a full squad.

If I would name the one advantage Origin has over Steam and Battlenet, it's that the auto-lauch on startup is off by default. ;)
I consider it a really friendly move.

Also to your previous point - I don't think it's wise to not play a good game just because it's published by a company you dislike. Vote with your wallet. (not in this case, obviously) If we play only good games and ignore the bad ones, they're gonna stop making the bad ones, eventually. :)
That's what I believe, at least.

Cant get it to start..

The latest update informs me my cpu is incompatible. Good to know.

Last edited:
HZg5vRZ.gif

I've tried it. Even though I've said I won't. Just to be honest with my criticism. My original points stand - no titans, no advanced movement, it's another battle royale. BUT. It does feel like a solid well designed game, can't take that away. It feels very polished, and quite reasonably balanced right out the box so to speak. I can see how it appeals to the fans of a genre, but it's not for me. Whole BR formula just feels too randomized for me. Skill matters, but finding best weapon for the situation by accident often matters more. At least they focus heavily on team coordination, which I like.

Yep fair comments there mate. It's not your thing but at least you've tried it and come away being informed.

For me I'm absolutely loving it. It's one of those "just one more round" games for me. It really transforms the game being in a trio that are on comms. Lots of close games tonight wanted to quit at 9pm but ended up having a great laugh so was playing till 11.30.

Yep fair comments there mate. It's not your thing but at least you've tried it and come away being informed.

For me I'm absolutely loving it. It's one of those "just one more round" games for me. It really transforms the game being in a trio that are on comms. Lots of close games tonight wanted to quit at 9pm but ended up having a great laugh so was playing till 11.30.

Unfortunately I have yet to experience a fully communicating and cooperating team. Must be great.
Like I said previously, BR games aren't really muh jam. But it's a good game and it'll stay on my hard drive for a forseeable future to play a round or two occasionally when I don't have anything better to do. The rounds are fashionably short so it doesn't take much time and is great as a sort of casual drop in/drop out bit of fun.

Unfortunately I have yet to experience a fully communicating and cooperating team. Must be great.
Like I said previously, BR games aren't really muh jam. But it's a good game and it'll stay on my hard drive for a forseeable future to play a round or two occasionally when I don't have anything better to do. The rounds are fashionably short so it doesn't take much time and is great as a sort of casual drop in/drop out bit of fun.

Have you got a few mates that play this and a discord server to use at all? :)

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
Have you got a few mates that play this and a discord server to use at all? :)

I actually don’t have any mates that play Apex :( . Been trying to convince a few but not easy to get old gronards into BR shooters :D

Happy to join others though ! :p

Last edited:
I actually don’t have any mates that play Apex :p

When your out, why do people ask where your mates are? Where ever they are they obviously have something better to do than hang out in whatever dive I'm presently in that results in being asked that question.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
For those of us looking for team mates, I have created a discord channel: https://discord.gg/YAzcvVt

I think I am ready to play a bit more coordinated, playing randoms is fun but it is very hard to survive for long unless you have a pro on your side...

...it is very hard to survive for long unless you have a pro on your side...

That is true. But playing with randoms you have at least SOME chance of getting a "Pro" on your team, once in a while. On a discord for Elite farts? I don't thinks so
(Speaking of myself, of course. :D)

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
Well, at least we can talk and confirm where things/enemies are etc Maybe more valuable (and fun) than just following a pro not shooting a thing (cause he kills everything before we get there) and just scavenge :D

Last edited:
Well, at least we can talk and confirm where things/enemies are etc Maybe more valuable (and fun) than just following a pro not shooting a thing (cause he kills everything before we get there) and just scavenge :D

That is true.
I very rarely do fair amount of damage. My biggest problem in the game is with the long range combat. Close quarters are fine. There it's kind of 50:50 and fair game, but long range on my 24" monitor with my kind of old and crappy eyes... not a chance. I see team mates shooting something half a mile away and I don't even see any kind of movement there, let alone being able to recognize a person.
Plus the team always rushes ahead and I'm catching up so very often I get there and the fight is over.

In other words - I'm a burden. :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom