Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Expedition

The Keelback waits. The Commander is planning the further route. System: CD-26 1339, Planet B1-aa

As expected, Saturday's effort to meet up for the launch was a bit of a disaster. No doubt a reflection more of my own early-onset Miserable Old Gittery than anything else, I just lost patience with the whole PG / Discord / Friend Request / Wings stuff and the plethora of third party sites and apps it seemed to demand. I was already lost in Discord with its bombardment of channels and more windows than the Empire State Building, but when I saw the instruction to "Ask for a wing request in a flotilla text channel" I just gave up. I'm sure this is second nature to some people but I just want to fly spaceships and occasionally interact with other players.

Perhaps if more of this was built into the actual game...

So fair play to anyone who stuck with it and/or knew what they were doing; the videos and screenshots I've seen of the various fleets are impressive indeed. But unless anyone wants 10 minutes' footage of my floating aimlessly around the Witch Head Science Centre in an instance with two other silent (and possibly equally confused) players, I don't think this is something to which I'll be actively contributing. I'll continue to hit the sites and waypoints where practical, and will do most of it in FleetComm where there's a chance of randomly bumping into people, but it'll be largely passive.

On the plus side, I did manage to sort out some drivers and get my microphone and headset working in conjunction with the speakers, something this PC has not done correctly for months. As this will encourage me to give Voice Attack another try, I consider this bit time well spent.

As expected, ... but it'll be largely passive.

Yeah! It is a new experience for me...so much stuff you have to check while actually just doing an exploration. But now I know how to get in someones instance. But: I will be flying alone the rest of the trip, just like you: only randomly meeting people.

I have enough to to with scanning ;-)

Fly safe commanders

Last edited:
To me, Discord is a lot like IRC. It's great for real-time communication, but is a poor place to find current/posted information. I never even look at 90% of the channels.

What's funny is I used to use IRC a lot. But I have a hard time getting into the habit of keeping up with Discord.

I saw one other ship in HIP 15329 yesterday but I was on my way to park up for the night so I left him or her alone. I plan to be in LBN 623 Sector FW-W d1-100 by the weekend, so hopefully there'll be a few more souls around for the meetup which is on Saturday 13th if my Discord-fu hasn't let me down.
I have been to LBN 623 yesterday at about 1700 IGT. But, then I noticed I missed the waypoint before (HIP 15329). So I rushed back there. The bubble seams to be very near to that point. But I will be doing all waypoints as soon as I can, because of Reallife(tm).

I signed up Pegasus Run yesterday^^

Yeah, this Expedition is a few firsts for me too.

First time Discord, first time Private Group. Although I was running behind, so I'm yet to see another CMDR :confused:
Send out friend requests to CMDRs you see, makes for easier "instancing" also a lot of CMDRs in Fleetcomm have their own Private Group, ask to get in those as well.

Dang, I was going to go on this but I thought the anniversary was the start date. Y'all have fun and I'll hold down the base here in Houston... well Fort Worth but it's close enough.

Last edited:
Well I was going to sit it out rather than get a late start but looking at the waypoints I can easily catch up so I signed up and started the trek. I wanted to bring one of my Apollo named ships but none are really good for this type of thing and I wanted to get going right away and not go collect another ship and rebuild it. Yankee Clipper is a Krait Mk II with a short jump range, Kitty Hawk is still fitted out with nothing but SRV bays for the planetary circumnavigation expedition on Kumay a few months ago, and so on.

Well I was going to sit it out rather than get a late start but looking at the waypoints I can easily catch up so I signed up and started the trek. I wanted to bring one of my Apollo named ships but none are really good for this type of thing and I wanted to get going right away and not go collect another ship and rebuild it. Yankee Clipper is a Krait Mk II with a short jump range, Kitty Hawk is still fitted out with nothing but SRV bays for the planetary circumnavigation expedition on Kumay a few months ago, and so on.
Slap an Apollo paint-job on a ship, you'll be fine

Top Bottom