Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Expedition

With the 50th Anniversary of Apollo 11s epic landing on the Moon, coming up later this year. It seems like an opportune time to have an in game commemoration of this, most profound of space events. So to this end, the Mercury 7 Explorers present to you: The Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Expedition!
A fairly short voyage in time, but one of great meaning for all fans of space exploration. An event to mark that first, giant leap into the unknown.

MDcARrD.png

Explorers of all levels of experience are welcome. From the eager newbie, to the grizzled veteran...all are invited to attend.

This event will happen in near Bubble space, between July 6th and July 20th 3305 (2019).
For PC CMDRs, the expedition will be taking place within the FleetComm private group. So if you're not a member, and would like to join please click on the link below:
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/474455

Console CMDRs from Xbox and PS4 communities are also welcome to take part in he expedition. We have private groups for both consoles to be your home for the expeditions duration.

No matter what your gaming platform, if you're interested, please sign up here on EDSM:
https://www.edsm.net/en/expeditions/summary/id/66/name/Apollo+11+Anniversary+Expedition

Please then follow the instructions on the expedition's EDSM page. That will then lead you to the expedition's communications system, known as Discord.

We look forward to seeing you all.
See you in the black.
The A11X organisers
o7

R4tQilm.jpg

BGUrN6c.jpg

dZ9420c.jpg

2fQMwqe.jpg

Last edited:
Yanick!
Horsehead is Permit locked, you might wanna adjust the route :D
Happy to come along IF I'll be back and ready with another ship for that. I'll see.

Maybe FD will make the moon landable this year in honor of the landing

That would be so cool.

I mean obviously they'd have to do a bit (!!) of work to get the surface mapping half way reasonable, and enable us to drive an SRV around the remains of the Apollo missions to be half way credible.

But is the amount of work required going to be the obstacle, or is there any lore reason why they couldn't?

And if it is the work required, why haven't they been chipping away at it for ages? (rhetorical question!!)

Last edited:
What timezone are you people playing? This is going to be in the middle of the summer and I doubt that I will play any ED before 9pm CET, unless its raining or the heat is dangerous.

What timezone are you people playing? This is going to be in the middle of the summer and I doubt that I will play any ED before 9pm CET, unless its raining or the heat is dangerous.
This is going to be around the typical times for European meet ups, about 1900-2100 IGT. If there's enough interest and a willing co-ordinator, different times can be catered for :)

I mean obviously they'd have to do a bit (!!) of work to get the surface mapping half way reasonable, and enable us to drive an SRV around the remains of the Apollo missions to be half way credible.

Not really. It's a thousand years in the future, so they can make up what they like. I believe the status in E: D is that the moon in now inhabited.

Top Bottom