Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Expedition

Just signed up for this. It'll be my first proper expedition, although just finished a visit of Witch Head, Orion, Running Man nebulae & on my way to California, before heading back to the bubble. Looking forward to it!

Is it enough to visit 8 points of systems? Do you need to scan or land on satellites?
I believe once you enter the waypoint system and scan the Main Body, (Discovery Scanner automatically scans system), EDSM picks this up from ED using the API and records it in the Expedition Waypoints progress bars. I don't think any of the waypoints require landing on planets/bodies/satellites.

Oi, CMDR's!

I'm looking at this...14 days and only 5kly's...is there a meetup every other night? I saw the waypoints on EDSM but didn't see any other details.

I'm open to the fact that I've missed something, though.

My application(s) to FleetComm have been approved, I've signed up on EDSM and I'm in the process of engineering my alt account a decent exploration Phantom for the expedition.

My main account, normally my primary explorer, is currently 2400ly below the Orio-Persean Conflux and so unlikely to be available in time. So in his stead, the normally bubble-bound CMDR Jack Schitt and his newly commissioned exploration vessel Deep Schitt are standing by.

Time constraints will make in-game meetups difficult but I'm doing everything I can to be there on the 6th for the big departure, and the 20th for the touchdown or equivalent. Anything that happens at waypoints in between is the will of the gods, or of the spouse, whichever wields more authority at the time.

See you in the black, CMDRs.

So the informal pre-event meetup is tomorrow, yes? I might be able to be there, but I won't know for sure until tomorrow. :)

I mentioned on the discord that anyone just following the forum probably aren't aware of the recent announcements. It looks like the overwhelming majority are encouraging everyone to get onto the discord to stay up to date.

Hello to everyone who wants to be on the expedition. Please follow the instructions on the first page of this thread. That'll lead you to EDSM and signing up to the roster there. The instructions on the EDSM page in turn will lead you to the A11X Discord.
Fly safe o7

I mentioned on the discord that anyone just following the forum probably aren't aware of the recent announcements. It looks like the overwhelming majority are encouraging everyone to get onto the discord to stay up to date.
That's a pity. I do have a Discord account but have never used it, nor have I installed apps on any of my devices. I'm not a fan of having to use third-party communication tools so this may reduce my already limited interaction opportunities. I'll try to stick to the waypoint schedules from EDSM, and I'll be able to chat in-game to anyone I'm instanced with there, but if more specific plans or information is going to be shared solely on Discord I may not see it. I'll join the channel (is that even the right terminology?) but time constraints mean I'm likely to have even less time for that than I'll have for the actual expedition.

I'm more of a forum-person myself. I keep trying to get into Discord, but I sometimes feel like it's drinking from the fire hose, so I've never gotten into the habit. I just glance at it here and there.

EDIT: The one thing it's really good at though, is the voice chat. Even if you don't hook up a microphone, listening in during expedition meetups is well worth it.

Top Bottom