Greetings Commanders. I just watched the latest D2EA youtube video, and The Yamiks latest, as well as ObsidianAnts. (All are great for different reasons, I recommend checking them out! 18+ for language and chatter content) I am part of a group of three, we call ourselves Deltamob, and fly in the squadron Snow Crash on Xbox, and ONLY on Xbox - as that's where we game. We're female gamers and want to voice concern in the Elite world. I am beginning to feel a shift from appreciative and entertained in the what I suspect is the PC community, to one of turmoil, chaos, disdain for the creators, developers, and engineers of the game, unappreciative views on content, lack of understanding of the real-world (IE game developing is a BUSINIESS!), and overall apathy for the fact that these HUMAN BEINGS are creating an artificial cyberspace for us to enjoy and lose ourselves in.

Remember, fellow console gamers, when compartmentalization was a thing? Say, gaming was done on a N64 (or the like), school work, work reports, email and chat were done on a PC, and mobile phones were used as phones, not all-in-one devices. We still had appreciation for things like Vice City (GTA) having licensed music and funny radio stations, god mod cheats, and fun gameplay. GoldenEye was a masterpiece in understatement, graphically sub-par to say Syphon Filter or MGS, but FUN. Where did the lack of appreciation of game development come from...? Elite: Dangerous was a kickstarter project, so we're lucky to even have this game honestly. No, it's not an MMO in the Everquest sense, but then it isn't supposed to be. It's the Galaxy, with over 400 billion P.O.I., it SHOULD be rare we run into one another as gamers. It's a game of exploration, or combat to promote your support within your pledged allegiance. Saving the bubble from the Thargoid Incursions. Piracy. Discovering new and uncharted territories. The introduction of Wings and Squadrons, the immersion behind using an Elite controller or H.O.T.A.S. on a CONSOLE is just another reason this game is beyond its creation.

This being a multiplayer game, it's fun to interact with clubs via Xbox Clubs, over the in-game chat, or in parties. It's very much a solo game but played on MMO-style servers to give more depth to the game. I for one would RATHER see CMDR in front of any ship I see in the black versus always seeing bots. This is the way I would have ALWAYS loved to have played games. While not everyone is social, the fact remains that humans at their very nature are social creatures, and seeing other flesh and bone pilots in the black give us all a sense of one-ness in the solitude of an otherwise lifeless void. The Galaxy should NOT be more populated, we're lucky to the bubble is SO populated!

I digress.

So in summation, fellow Xbox players, or anyone really who reads this post, I urge, don't give into what others say and/or do. Humans aren't cattle, we're not sheep. When I see videos like D2EA, who is usually calm and collected, about his losing his composure and sensibilities, it makes me sad. Public figures, don't do that. I get the funny rants of The Yamiks, even the playful (yet explicit) banter and taunts to FDev, but there's always respect, and never requesting others to stop their support of something financially that could cause a crash. While warranted his upset feelings are, his sharing of them in a negative way - as a public figure - and asking for others to help boycott is not, and is irresponsible. I understand that the suggestion and feedback forums are a wonderful tool, but I assume anyone playing is an adult (or young adult with sensibilities) and understands the business world.

Remember the old games I was talking about? Did they EVER as for our input? NO. Why? Because they're the dreamers of the dream, and they're the story-tellers. We just interacted with their dreams and stories - AND THEY WERE AMAZING. Elite: Dangerous is a GAME. Interactive software developed by hard-working engineers and writers that struggle to keep up with the unappreciative masses. I for one am happy the populace of the bubble is not more. I am glad we have what we have. I am glad we get neat updates and they're NOT catered to the apathetic masses that just want more and more and more. I appreciate my "grind" to rank up, to level my character. This is what the dreamers of the dream wove their tales; it's how the story was meant to be told...NOT to go do mission after boring mission over and over and over mindlessly just to afford something. It's a goal, the goal isn't the entertainment value - IT'S ABOUT THE JOURNEY. The journey is the entertainment value.

So journey forth, fellow Commanders. Please continue to play this beautifully immersive cyberspace, this masterpiece of understatement, this diamond among many large-funded games within the gaming community. Do try to always remember where we came from: Watch gameplay, or go download the game, of Elite from 1984. Watch the progression from it to the next iterations for the series and see how far they've gone, and dream of a future of more Elite. More support from us means possibly more capital for them to create more and more for our little corner of the galaxy. Dream big, young Commanders! If you love this game and want more? Further your education and learn how to develop games. How to code. How the business world works. Knowledge is the basis to understanding, and understanding is the key to co-existing peacefully. And even in peace, we can stage fun battles and high five at the end, CQC is meant for just that.

Dream big with the developers, follow their stories on GalNet. Appreciate hat we've got, what we're given, and always understand that our suggestions and comments are but a drop of water in an endless ocean of other suggestions and comments. These people do what they can, as they can, and have given us, on CONSOLE, what we've only ever dreamed of, and done it WELL. Could there be improvements? Sure! Report those bugs! Submit error tickets on Xbox support and here on the forums, but keep in mind the more we litter those forums with trash, the more FDev has to sift through to find the REAL issues plaguing us all as a community. Let's stand unified as gamers, and realize, it's just entertainment, it's just an outlet for creative freedom, and through it we can live a space life we'd otherwise never have gotten to experience.

Cheers all, be well, smile and be happy. Enjoy life, step outside and breathe in the air - don't be afraid to care. (Pink Floyd)
Stay safe out there, Commanders, and I'll see you in the black! o7

Commander VoodooSonny

Last edited:
A recent scientific study has proven that 1% of users on Reddit cause 70% of the drama. Somewhat unscientifically, I forgot where I read that.
The same could also apply to the Elite community. People who enjoy the game, play the game and those who don't, moan about it. Because some parts of the community consist almost entirely of the latter, they mistakenly believe they're in the majority. It's a negative feedback loop, and very little will stop it. It's to be expected from some people who have been playing the same game for over three years.
I'm still happily pottering about, enjoying the game as much as I always have. There's a lot of players like me.

By the way, I completed Goldeneye and Siphon Filter. Great games :cool:

Greetings Commanders. I just watched the latest D2EA youtube video, and The Yamiks latest, as well as ObsidianAnts. (All are great for different reasons, I recommend checking them out! 18+ for language and chatter content) I am part of a group of three, we call ourselves Deltamob, and fly in the squadron Snow Crash on Xbox, and ONLY on Xbox - as that's where we game. We're female gamers and want to voice concern in the Elite world. I am beginning to feel a shift from appreciative and entertained in the what I suspect is the PC community, to one of turmoil, chaos, disdain for the creators, developers, and engineers of the game, unappreciative views on content, lack of understanding of the real-world (IE game developing is a BUSINIESS!), and overall apathy for the fact that these HUMAN BEINGS are creating an artificial cyberspace for us to enjoy and lose ourselves in. Remember, fellow console gamers, when compartmentalization was a thing? Say, gaming was done on a N64 (or the like), school work, work reports, email and chat were done on a PC, and mobile phones were used as phones, not all-in-one devices. We still had appreciation for things like Vice City (GTA) having licensed music and funny radio stations, god mod cheats, and fun gameplay. GoldenEye was a masterpiece in understatement, graphically sub-par to say Syphon Filter or MGS, but FUN. Where did the lack of appreciation of game development come from...? Elite: Dangerous was a kickstarter project, so we're lucky to even have this game honestly. No, it's not an MMO in the Everquest sense, but then it isn't supposed to be. It's the Galaxy, with over 400 billion P.O.I., it SHOULD be rare we run into one another as gamers. It's a game of exploration, or combat to promote your support within your pledged allegiance. Saving the bubble from the Thargoid Incursions. Discovering new and uncharted territories. The introduction of Wings and Squadrons, the immersion behind using an Elite controller or H.O.T.A.S. on a CONSOLE is just another reason this game is beyond its creation. This being a multiplayer game, it's fun to interact with clubs via Xbox Clubs, over the in-game chat, or in parties. It's very much a solo game but played on MMO-style servers to give more depth to the game. I for one would RATHER see CMDR in front of any ship I see in the black versus always seeing bots. This is the way I would have ALWAYS loved to have played games. While not everyone is social, the fact remains that humans at their very nature are social creatures, and seeing other flesh and bone pilots in the black give us all a sense of one-ness in the solitude of an otherwise lifeless void. The Galaxy should NOT be more populated, we're lucky to the bubble is SO populated!
I digress.
So in summation, fellow Xbox players, or anyone really who reads this post, I urge, don't give into what others say and/or do. Humans aren't cattle, we're not sheep. When I see videos like D2EA, who is usually calm and collected, about his losing his composure and sensibilities, it makes me sad. Public figures, don't do that. I get the funny rants of The Yamiks, even the playful (yet explicit) banter and taunts to FDev, but there's always respect, and never requesting others to stop their support of something financially that could cause a crash. While warranted his upset feelings are, his sharing of them and asking for others to help boycott is not. I understand that the suggestion and feedback forums are a wonderful tool, but I assume anyone playing is an adult and understands the business world. Remember the old games I was talking about? Did they EVER as for our input? NO. Why? Because they're the dreamers of the dream, and they're the story-tellers. We just interacted with their dreams and stories - AND THEY WERE AMAZING. Elite: Dangerous is a GAME. Interactive software developed by hard-working engineers and writers that struggle to keep up with the unappreciative masses. I for one am happy the populace of the bubble is not more. I am glad we have what we have. I am glad we get neat updates and they're NOT catered to the apathetic masses that just want more and more and more. I appreciate my "grind" to rank up, to level my character. This is what the dream of the dreamers was, it's how the story was meant to be told...NOT to go do mission after boring mission over and over and over mindlessly just to afford something. It's a goal, the goal isn't the entertainment value - IT'S ABOUT THE JOURNEY. So journey forth, fellow Commanders. Please continue to play this beautifully immersive cyberspace, this masterpiece of understatement, this diamond among many large-funded games within the gaming community. Do try to always remember where we came from: Watch gameplay, or go download the game, of Elite from 1984. Watch the progression from it to the next iterations for the series and see how far they've gone, and dream of a future of more Elite. More support from us means possibly more capital for them to create more and more for our little corner of the galaxy. Dream big, young Commanders! If you love this game and want more? Further your education and learn how to develop games. How to code. How the business world works. Knowledge is the basis to understanding, and understanding is the key to co-existing peacefully. And even in peace, we can stage fun battles and high five at the end, CQC is meant for just that.
Dream big with the developers, follow their stories on GalNet. Appreciate hat we've got, what we're given, and always understand that our suggestions and comments are but a drop of water in an endless ocean of other suggestions and comments. These people do what they can, as they can, and have given us, on CONSOLE, what we've only ever dreamed of, and done it WELL. Could there be improvements? Sure! Report those bugs! Submit error tickets on Xbox support and here on the forums, but keep in mind the more we litter those forums with trash, the more FDev has to sift through to find the REAL issues plaguing us all as a community. Let's stand unified as gamers, and realize, it's just entertainment, it's just an outlet for creative freedom, and through it we can live a space life we'd otherwise never have gotten to experience.
Cheers all, be well, smile and be happy. Enjoy life, step outside and breathe in the air - don't be afraid to care. (Pink Floyd)
Stay safe out there, Commanders, and I'll see you in the black! o7

Commander VoodooSonny
INARA profile: https://inara.cz/cmdr/104331/

https://inara.cz/data/sigs/104/104331.png
sorry cant read it ... like digging up boring clay pipes .

Every player that is really enjoying the game is in SC or CZ or is BH in wing right now, there is no reason to spend time on a forum crying for useless feature (who said space legs in a spaceship game ?) or complaining with devs with NO IDEA of what developing even a simple game implies.
With all the feature we've got with the 3.0 update (A LOT of work) someone cries because not being able to hit the endgame in 2 weeks.
I would be fine even with a bare cobra MKIII...I can only be grateful for all the efforts devs made till the launch of the game, grateful for all the content, the background fiction, the console port (I own a PC but I'm used to play on XBOX) and in a wider sense for having made available this product - that until Dangerous was a niche - to a wider audience without forgetting the roots that have made Elite a milestone in the history of videogames.

Thank you Frontier, keep it going. <3

No. I want space legs. I want atmosphere landings. I want ship interiors. I want damage models for all ships. I want. I want! I WANT!!!
Seriously, I really want them, and I want them now.

But I don't expect them, and its fun enough to keep playing with what we've got, for now. [smile]

I agree with you for the most part. While I totally agree there's no place for vitriol toward the developers, et al., I'd like to point out that people being "vocal" should be embraced, not frowned upon imo. The vocal few who come here to post just want to ultimately make this crazy galaxy a better place. I played EQ, and at times, this game feels A LOT like it (but obviously in a MUCH different setting:)). You WILL get the bugs that come with the changes (like EQ...), but I wouldn't comment if I didn't care.

TL;DR Likes the game :p o7

Nice summary!

No. I want space legs. I want atmosphere landings. I want ship interiors. I want damage models for all ships. I want. I want! I WANT!!!
Seriously, I really want them, and I want them now.

Me too

A recent scientific study has proven that 1% of users on Reddit cause 70% of the drama.

90% of all quoted studies aren't real.

The other 10% are only 50% true.

I agree with you for the most part. While I totally agree there's no place for vitriol toward the developers, et al., I'd like to point out that people being "vocal" should be embraced, not frowned upon imo. The vocal few who come here to post just want to ultimately make this crazy galaxy a better place.

Well said

Deltamob, concur, and like a number of pilots who love the game and appreciate FDEV, I understand the art of programming from the perspective of an operational planning perspective (Combat Operations). You can have what appears to be a great plan, work out some of the bugs in a table top plan rehearsal, but after the first shot is fired in an actual engagement you really do not know, and when you do know you need a whole new plan. Nothing ever works as planned and programming takes that reality to a new level. Those with no or little experience making an idea become real, can quickly digress into unwarranted observations and opine on all things technical and motivational, and yet I've never seen nor heard much from them that adds any serious value to resolving any problem. Good thought brought out by more than one post above, the majority is basically a silent majority, and I too would choose to believe there are more of us who enjoy the game without complaint and appreciate FDev efforts to advance it. So, I'll leave it at that, don't want to frustrate their sensibilities unnecessarily, see you in the black, fly safe o7 Cmdrs one and all.

I'm really not sure what all this is about, so I'll just leave the following here...

Elite Dangerous. Best game ever, in my opinion! :D

FD, you guy's are great! Keep doing what you're doing! Those of us that 'get' Elite love it. Those that don't, moan! :D
Me too

plenty of little things I would like to see, sure. But this never detracts from the fact that the best game I played in my childhood has evolved into the best game I have played ever

Completely agree with the overall sentiment of the OP.

It's ironic then that responses 3, 4 and 5 are from people who decided that was somehow appropriate. Funny I guess? I'd bet these are the same people who complain that their pet feature has been nerfed/not-implemented/not-instant-win-enough/too-instant-win every time there's a release.

As an outsider, it's very tiresome to read these kinds of comments over and over again, and I can only imagine how tiresome it is for the development team.

As a human being, I tend to switch off when comments start veering into this kind of negative bashing of FDEV ("lazy", "nerf everything", "broke everything", etc etc). To people who make those kind of posts - if you want to be taken seriously, lay off the vitriol eh? A post starting with "Frontier are just lazy..." is likely to be simply ignored by almost everyone except the people who are sucked into that particular negative feedback loop. It achieves nothing except to feed what is starting to feel like a fairly toxic player base.

I love the game, I've been playing it solidly for over 2 years, and there's still things for me to do. I trust that FDEV know what they are doing, and I might disagree with some of the directions they go in, but that doesn't mean FDEV are somehow a bad developer - it just means they've gone in a different direction than I'd have thought of, and frankly - I'm not a game developer, so what would I know? I wish most -posters would get fed an ounce of humility once in a while.

So, keep it up FDEV, I love this crazy thing you've made and plan to keep playing it into the foreseeable future.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've really not a clue what this thread is about...read it twice now, or rather fought through a couple of text walls and still none the wiser... something about FDev and an organised love in... naked people in spaceships all talking in strange pseudo-military jargon...or something [where is it]

But whatever it is...I'm in... o7 and all that [up]

Do we get badges or anything?

Last edited:
I've really not a clue what this thread is about...read it twice now, or rather fought through a couple of text walls and still none the wiser... something about FDev and an organised love in... naked people in spaceships all talking in strange pseudo-military jargon...or something [where is it]

But whatever it is...I'm in... o7 and all that [up]

Do we get badges or anything?

Funny, (without being snide to the OP or contributors). Made me laugh out loud.

Top Bottom