ANNOUNCEMENT April Update - Coming 23 April 2019

I rarely get attacked by anything and I've carried all kinds of cargo of various values and even taken missions above my current rank, and I can fly for months without seeing an NPC pirate. I don't know why.

I'm not the only one who has this issue though.
Weird. Just a couple of hours ago I did the "Boom time delivery of 120 units of Hydrogen Fuel " mission and got a pirate right after the jump to the destination system, as in most cases...
I will say, however, that it makes for a very boring space game and I usually end up switching off in boredom after doing only a couple of trips, where with the original (which I still play in emulation) it always had that "just one more trip" hook.
Well, that is why I still play Freespace from time to time :)
There is something special in old games. In the days of the first Elite, I had the ZX Spectrum, and all my friends played at my place literally around the clock. It was insane and VERY addictive!
We did not find Raxxla though. :)

Weird. Just a couple of hours ago I did the "Boom time delivery of 120 units of Hydrogen Fuel " mission and got a pirate right after the jump to the destination system, as in most cases...
It could be that interdictions are handled in the cloud rather than in the software itself and something about ED's setup doesn't like my connection, so I'm not getting the incoming enemy event quick enough and by the time it's triggered I'm already docked?. I've got an 80mbps fibre optic connection, but I'm on BT and I've heard of some BT users having trouble with the game in the past.

The cheatin part is not the running, but the highwakin into another system, then spawn right behind u with full health! because they create a new spawn of the npc instead of letting the "old" one spawn.
It’s a limitation of the game engine — NPCs have extremely little state preserved beyond a player’s instance.

I’m sure FDEV would love NPCs to behave more realistically in this respect; that they have not (yet?) done so indicates that it is very difficult to implement, alas.

It’s a limitation of the game engine — NPCs have extremely little state preserved beyond a player’s instance.

I’m sure FDEV would love NPCs to behave more realistically in this respect; that they have not (yet?) done so indicates that it is very difficult to implement, alas.
This seems to be the standard response to quite a few issues, engine limits, yet i cannot find official word that this is so.

Top Bottom