ANNOUNCEMENT April Update - Coming 23 April 2019

I think it's just the 'locked out' part.

Which, now I think about it, isn't all that good - while you can avoid a combat rank almost indefinitely, it's virtually impossible not to gain an exploration or trade rank within an hour unless you stay docked up and never launch!

Maybe let new CMDRs get past a couple of ranks first?

Yeah it's a lock out system. I had a more detailed look through the thread, should have done it before but I was excited.

What level the lock out occurs could be balanced later and it certainly would help keep gankers/griefers off the noobies.

I suspect this is one of those things that I'll dislike in principle (more ways to not play the game, etc) and then use all the fricken' time:)

Yup as long as you can remove them (since they're modules you can) they add to the game I will totally use them the idea that supercruise is where the skill in elite is is bonkers

I guess an extra 4 tons of cargo isn't to be sneezed at :)
Proof that space legs are never coming to this game. Either that or our ships are like the TARDIS, bigger on the inside!
Elite Dangerous_20190410102839.jpg

We want these new modules to help those who struggle with that area of the game.

Ideally, all players would be able to navigate Supercruise and Dock/Undock manually, but we have identified that some players struggle with this. The balance for this is that by using these assist modules, you will lose out on the optional internal slots they take up.

What about the ability to enter orbit? Is that exclusive to the new assistant module? Because that feature would be a brilliant and useful QoL feature for ALL players, especially explorers and sounds like it would add to the experience of the Elite universe. I probably won't be using the supercruise assist module, but I would love to have the orbit function.

Great news all around Will, and especially with the extra slots for small ships, one issue for me personally though? Are the new docking computer and SC assist modules removable for pilots like me who like to do everything manually?

Yes. See his answer in the thread. They are training wheels and the slots behind them should encourage you to get rid of them in time, to put something more useful in those slots instead.

Jenner

I wish I was English like my hero Tj.
There's a lot to like in this! Looking forward to the new Interstellar Initiatives and trading screens, and the challenge scenarios sound really cool too.

I have to admit that the new super-cruise assist is something I may pick up, and I've been playing since day one! lol.

Will Flanagan

Product Manager
Frontier
Great news all around Will, and especially with the extra slots for small ships, one issue for me personally though? Are the new docking computer and SC assist modules removable for pilots like me who like to do everything manually?

Yep! These modules take up optional internal slots, so you can remove them from your ships to make space for different modules.

Don‘t make it too casual!!!!!!!!!
Elite Dangerous should not be everybodies darling. The level of difficulty has given you players tied to this really special game for years...
My hope was, that Frontier would finally give us a BGS and Powerplay in Open Game only...

If you really want to go this way - please think about the following:

1. Beginner Mode like you just announced
2. Open Play for everyone

...and get rid of the rest!

Cmdr BHARD99, Wing Commander 1GLoD

How about we get rid of Open instead. Much more useful.

Yes. See his answer in the thread. They are training wheels and the slots behind them should encourage you to get rid of them in time, to put something more useful in those slots instead.

Sorry, missed that part of the message, not enough Coffee today ! :coffee:

Cool, cool, all good then. (y)

Top Bottom